A sad good bye.

Old December 11th 03, 04:56 PM
K-K ~Glass Boobs~

Default A sad good bye.

Yes I caved, I tried my best but my DD and DH didn't like the miserable
person I was becoming. I was told to let him stay at the breast along as he
wanted and that left me with 1 hour of nursing every 2 hours and I still had
to pop I'm off because he would not stop! My DD began to loathe me, and my
DH also felt neglected. not to mention I was lucky if I got in a shower and
was beginning to neglect my self. I'm sure most of you know that self
neglect is a good path to postpartum depression. It was to the point where I
would just cry during the feedings and that would effect my letdown. My
daughter pestering me would also hinder a letdown and my poor DS was
beginning to suffer. On Monday the stress levels in my house were so high
that I was constantly trying to feed DS because I was not letting down for
most of the feeds of the day and judging by him I could tell the tension was
dwindling my supply. I am disappointed in my self that I could not go any
further but am also glad he atleast got a month of nursing. Since we have
switched to Formula my DS is a completely different child! he's quiet when
he is alert and content most of the time.

Please, I know I failed so if you could please in any responses try to avoid
rubbing it in my face.

I just want to say thanks all for your support for 1 month! I needed it and
appreciated it.

K-K

Old December 11th 03, 05:51 PM
Rob and Laura

Your DS got 1 month of Breast milk and you know what that is better than
none. your baby gets alot out of breast milk for the 1st month of life and
you did good by doing that. Who knows maybe in a day or 2 you might feel
like going back to breastfeeding. Sometimes moms just need a break.

--
Laura, TTC #2
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old December 11th 03, 06:00 PM
K-K ~Glass Boobs~

I cant go back, Im on dry up pills.
I dont know why I took them, My doc suggested them to me and said that they
will help with the engorgement.

e.rogers.com...

Old December 11th 03, 06:06 PM
Denise

I cant go back, Im on dry up pills.
I dont know why I took them, My doc suggested them to me and said that

they
will help with the engorgement.

You could stop taking them. You could pump and give EBM and formula.

Old December 11th 03, 06:31 PM
Circe

"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" wrote in message
I cant go back, Im on dry up pills.
I dont know why I took them, My doc suggested them to me and said that

they
will help with the engorgement.

What sort of "dry-up" pills? As far as I know, the pills they used to give
women to dry up milk supply were long ago pulled from the market because
they caused endometrial cancer.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [a quarter to 2] mom)

"Custom fabracation" -- Auto body shop sign

Daddy: You're up with the chickens this morning.
Aurora: No, I'm up with my dolls!

Old December 11th 03, 06:53 PM
Dawn Lawson

Denise wrote:
"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" wrote in message

I cant go back, Im on dry up pills.
I dont know why I took them, My doc suggested them to me and said that

they

will help with the engorgement.

You could stop taking them. You could pump and give EBM and formula.

My thoughts exactly.
While I can empathise with the frustrations and pain (I had severe pain
from vasospasms and compression injury) of the first 6 weeks, and the
emotional distress (compounded for me by being totally alone to deal
with it, and struggling to have ANYone recognise that I had PPD) I
**cannot** sympathise with deciding to quit breast feeding/giving breast
milk. (especially when the OP says "I don't know why I took [dry-up pills]")

There was NO way my DS was not going to be breastfed, even on the nights
when I fantasized that my sol'n was to give him to his father to raise
(NOT!!!) since *he* would HAVE to give formula and **I Would Not**, even
when at times wasn't sure if I could stay sane and keep going with
breastfeeding. By about 6-8wks, it was much better/easier/less painful
and we're still nursing at 15 mo.

Dawn

Old December 11th 03, 06:54 PM
Sue

Oh no, what kind of dry up pills? They pulled some off of the market a long
time ago because it caused cancer. I would stop taking them immediately. To
dry up, all you need to do is wear a tight fitting bra or wear cabbage
leaves in your bra.

Anyway, ((((hugs))).
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 11th 03, 06:55 PM
Denise

"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message

Denise wrote:
"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" wrote in message

I cant go back, Im on dry up pills.
I dont know why I took them, My doc suggested them to me and said that

they

will help with the engorgement.

You could stop taking them. You could pump and give EBM and formula.

My thoughts exactly.
While I can empathise with the frustrations and pain (I had severe pain
from vasospasms and compression injury) of the first 6 weeks, and the
emotional distress (compounded for me by being totally alone to deal
with it, and struggling to have ANYone recognise that I had PPD) I
**cannot** sympathise with deciding to quit breast feeding/giving breast
milk. (

BTDT. My husband has been gone for the significant part of each child's
infancy. There was a point when DD #1 was a couple weeks old, and I was
crying and in agony because my breasts hurt so bad and I had mastisis and I
was depressed and on and on where he said, "we could just give her some
formula." He's never said that again, about any of the kids. And nursing
has never been easy for me.

Old December 11th 03, 07:00 PM
Stephanie and Tim

[...]

I do not think you failed at all. Good for you! One month is a lot more than
a lot of people do. Breastfeeding is only ONE element to parenting. And you
gave your DS the best start you could, and need to consider ALL the members
of your family, yourself and DD included.

Pat yourself on the back, lady, because you deserve it.

Old December 11th 03, 07:02 PM
K-K ~Glass Boobs~

if its off the market my doc would have no way of prescribing them. Its some
sort of very strong arthritis medication I think, and its quick and
effective at drying nursing women up. And as for the pumping and feeding.
There is no way I would have the time for that that's what got me to formula
in the first place. It was taking up all of my time! I cant spend quality
time with my daughter, husband, and take some time for my self. I would
essentially be going back to where I was about 4 days ago.