wife is "seeing stars"

Old December 8th 04, 09:18 PM
Rob

Default wife is "seeing stars"

Her blood pressure is fine, protien levels in urine tests are fine, she gets
these even just sitting around, she doesn't have to get up or sit to have
them occur.
It started around the same time her ankles/calves started swelling. OBGYN
says she's fine, she's just wondering what's causing this stuff. She's 33
weeks.

Old December 8th 04, 09:45 PM
T Flynn

Is she feeling lightheaded? It might have to do with blood sugar. has she
eaten recently?

What sucks is I know this happened to me a bit earlier on, but I don't
remember what became of it. (Well, the big picture is that my daughter was
born healthy and wonderful...)

Old December 8th 04, 10:33 PM
Pologirl

The "seeing stars" may be the preliminary visual disturbances ("auras")
of a classic migraine. Auras can occur without the usual following
excruciating headache, nausea, etc. She can count her lucky stars :-)
if she is not having the whole migraine thing going on.

During the final two months of my pregnancy this year, I saw auras
almost daily but had a migraine headache etc. only a few times.

Old December 8th 04, 11:14 PM
Larry McMahan

Rob writes:
: Her blood pressure is fine, protien levels in urine tests are fine, she gets
: these even just sitting around, she doesn't have to get up or sit to have
: them occur.
: It started around the same time her ankles/calves started swelling. OBGYN
: says she's fine, she's just wondering what's causing this stuff. She's 33
: weeks.

This may or may not be related to pregnancy, but I would suggest having an
eye pressure test done to test for glaucoma.

Larry
Old December 9th 04, 01:39 AM
Rob

"Pologirl" wrote in message
oups.com...

The "seeing stars" may be the preliminary visual disturbances ("auras")
of a classic migraine. Auras can occur without the usual following
excruciating headache, nausea, etc. She can count her lucky stars :-)
if she is not having the whole migraine thing going on.

During the final two months of my pregnancy this year, I saw auras
almost daily but had a migraine headache etc. only a few times.

Hmmm, could be related. She was just saying she has a headache
tonight and hasn't had one in a while. Thankfully they're not
migraines.

Old December 9th 04, 11:49 AM
Wildwookie

Hi Rob

From about 20 weeks I found when I was on my feet I started to feel
dizzy with a weight pressing down on my head & if I didn't sit I
started to feel feint & saw seeing spots/lights in my vision. I
sometimes got this just sitting down too.

These lights were totally different in nature to those I get with
migraine.

I know you're wife isn't feeling dizzy but the things suggested to me
were.

Drink plenty fluids.
Eat when hungry don't wait for meals (breakfast bars are great for
this)
Light compression socks (Like you would wear for a long haul flight)

In my case the compression socks though difficult to put on seemed to
help alot.

Hope this helps

Denise
#1 EDD 29 Jan 05

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:18:33 GMT, "Rob" wrote:

Her blood pressure is fine, protien levels in urine tests are fine, she gets
these even just sitting around, she doesn't have to get up or sit to have
them occur.
It started around the same time her ankles/calves started swelling. OBGYN
says she's fine, she's just wondering what's causing this stuff. She's 33
weeks.

MA: More on Alleged Deadbeat Dad's Arrest Dusty Child Support 162 June 9th 04 10:43 PM
Joe College is Wondering... Joe_College Child Support 39 June 3rd 04 06:48 AM
Wife wants to work Jamie General 76 May 19th 04 03:38 PM
Supporting wife whose mother is dying Alayne General 4 March 7th 04 07:17 AM
I Am A Big Brother (Big Brothers Big Sisters) And Have A Problem With My Match Rob08757 General 11 September 15th 03 07:17 PM