Opinions please, re NIP (long)

Old June 23rd 06, 07:43 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Opinions please, re NIP (long)

L. wrote:

Because it's an open, unmoderated forum. Any other questions, Queen
Boobsie? I wouldn't have responded at all except 43 posts went by and
no one stated the obvious solution - be more discreet. You all get all
up in arms and indignant when anyone *dares* suggest you have a modicum
of modesty, when the fact is, if you were more modest to begin with,
there would never have been an issue in the first place. It's not
rocketscience, girls.

[to regular posters: I promise, promise, promise to stop responding to
her after this]

L -

On the subject of us, altering our perfectly natural, moral, and loving
behavior towards our children, I suggest you go back to misc.kids and
review your conversational outrage than anyone would have the audacity
to suggest to you that you dress in any manner other than how you want
to. A clothing choice is a much less essential type of conflict than
how I care for my baby, so if you don't want to be told to not dress
like a hippie, please don't ask us to alter our choices. Honestly, I
can think of a great number of people in my family alone, who would be
far more horrified by your clothing choices in what they consider
"inappropriate" situations, and would consider it downright
disrespectful. We all choose what's worth the risk of ****ing off
strangers, and those of us who nurse in public have made our choice.

On the topic of your posts: Trolling is when you barge in somewhere
where you know your views are diametrically opposite to the dominant
meme, speak(type) in a condescending and inflammatory manner, and refuse
to leave. It is characterized in particular by a "nobody can make me
stop, it's an open forum/free country" attitude. And please don't lift
up cussing as an example to intimate I am not tough enough for your
speech. I cuss like a sailor in real life (the guys in "Clerks" got
nothing on me), but I also know how to use other words.

Perhaps you should evaluate your motivations for seeking such conflict.

It would be wonderful if you could choose instead to participate in the
discussion in a meaningful way. You adopted your children, yes? Did
you consider or try adoptive breastfeeding? Did it work?
--
Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 4 months

Check out my new breastfeeding T-shirts on CafePress!
http://www.cafepress.com/dancingbones
Old June 24th 06, 02:31 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Cheri Stryker wrote:
L -

On the subject of us, altering our perfectly natural, moral, and loving
behavior towards our children, I suggest you go back to misc.kids and
review your conversational outrage than anyone would have the audacity
to suggest to you that you dress in any manner other than how you want
to.

I don't believe I expressed anything close to outrage. I probably said
I wouldn't give a flying **** if they did, and I don't care what other
people wear. In fact, I don't care if you NIP - I just think it's
ridiculous for you to be outraged when people suggest you cover up,
because that's the source of the problem. Though personally I don't
particularly want to see anyone's boobs - male or female, BF or not.

A clothing choice is a much less essential type of conflict than
how I care for my baby, so if you don't want to be told to not dress
like a hippie, please don't ask us to alter our choices.

I don't care if you tell me how or how not to dress.

Honestly, I
can think of a great number of people in my family alone, who would be
far more horrified by your clothing choices in what they consider
"inappropriate" situations,

And what "situations" would that be?

and would consider it downright
disrespectful.

And I am supposed to care why? I don't believe I ever complained that
anyone has ever said anything to me about the way I dress. Had I, and
had I been all indignant about it, you might have a point in making the
comparison. To my knowledge, that has never happened and in fact I am
known for my taste in clothing.

Then suffer the consequences and shut the **** up. Stop acting all
surprised that people are ****ed off.

On the topic of your posts: Trolling is when you barge in somewhere
where you know your views are diametrically opposite to the dominant
meme, speak(type) in a condescending and inflammatory manner, and refuse
to leave. It is characterized in particular by a "nobody can make me
stop, it's an open forum/free country" attitude.

That's your definition - mine is quite different. I am sorry you
cannot handle differing viewpoints but that speaks more to your
inadequacies than it does mine.

And please don't lift
up cussing as an example to intimate I am not tough enough for your
speech.

This doesn't make any sense.

I cuss like a sailor in real life (the guys in "Clerks" got
nothing on me), but I also know how to use other words.

What does this have to do with anything?

Perhaps you should evaluate your motivations for seeking such conflict.

I don't seek it and I do not care if there is conflict or not. I am
expressing my viewpoint where and when I want to without any regard to
you or anyone else. You should try it sometime. Furthermore, I am
merely responding to those who responded to me. You don't want my

It would be wonderful if you could choose instead to participate in the
discussion in a meaningful way.

As far as I am concerned I am responding in a meaningful way. I cannot
say the same for others who have responded to me. The truth is, you
don't want to hear my viewpoint and that is fine. But you can't
silence me, so you might as well quit trying. Freedom of speech is
alive and well and living in m.k.b. Deal with it.

You adopted your children, yes?

Child. Yes.

Did
you consider or try adoptive breastfeeding? Did it work?

Yes - considered it. Researched it, and in the end decided my chances
of lactating were slim to none because I had never been pg in a
meaningful way, and I had been exposed to so many synthetic hormones
prior, I was scared to take any more. In the end we really had no idea
of when we would be placed with a child - it could be months or years -
and despite being matched at birth, DS ended up having to stay in
foster care for a month for the paperwork to get approved, before we
could take him to our state, so it all didn't work out.

Not that I think you really care, mind you.

-L.

Old June 24th 06, 02:52 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"L." ) writes:
Mum of Two wrote:
Of course, we could always start up L. a thread of her own since she's so
attention-hungry.

Obviously not as attenion-hungry as someone who has to put up dead
babies for all to see on the 'net.

--
Amy

http://www.freewebs.com/carlos2002/

You've got a ****ing screw loose. Why would you think someone would
want to see a photo of your dead fetus?

-L.

Amy, I hope you're able to ignore L.'s hurtful words here.

I looked at the photo of Carlos. It's sad.

Old June 24th 06, 02:57 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

L. wrote:
Cheri Stryker wrote:
L -

On the subject of us, altering our perfectly natural, moral, and loving
behavior towards our children, I suggest you go back to misc.kids and
review your conversational outrage than anyone would have the audacity
to suggest to you that you dress in any manner other than how you want
to.

I don't believe I expressed anything close to outrage. I probably said
I wouldn't give a flying **** if they did, and I don't care what other
people wear.

Which is exactly what I said if you re-read the thread. I just
double-checked it. If you are comparing wearing different styles of
clothing to wearing nothing at all - you can't. That's an apples to
oranges comparison.

To clarify - that discussion was about pigeon-holing people based on
the clothing they wear. Why you think it relates to this discussion in
any way is beyond me. And I checked - I never said anything about
anyone commenting on *my* mode of dress. I did say that our corporate
HQ was probably having a coronary over our (collective) dress code in
research.

Now if I had said "women who show their boobs in public are sluts" you
might have a right to compare the two converations. But I never said
anything like that.

-L.

Old June 24th 06, 03:03 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Carlye" ) writes:
Although I would've been ****ed off, too, from a legal standpoint, I
don't know that you've got much to stand on, unfortunately.

You don't have to have specific legal rights in order to
complain. Even when you have legal rights, sometimes it's
more effective not to mention them.

There are other means: stating that you are offended,
writing a letter, expressing outrage perhaps or perhaps
being more diplomatic; having a nurse-in as others
suggested -- on the steps outside the building if they
kick you out, perhaps. Or picketing outside the building
with signs complaining that they're anti-baby, etc.
Handing out leaflets, etc. You can do all that even
if they didn't break the law. Those sorts of things
are part of how laws get changed.
Old June 24th 06, 03:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

It's a pukeworthy page.

Notice that the father didn't write his stupid story.

Why should Moo of Two care about showing her veiny teat when she already
flaunts the dead fetus.

Old June 24th 06, 03:24 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Catherine Woodgold wrote:
"Carlye" ) writes:
Although I would've been ****ed off, too, from a legal standpoint, I
don't know that you've got much to stand on, unfortunately.

You don't have to have specific legal rights in order to
complain. Even when you have legal rights, sometimes it's
more effective not to mention them.

There are other means: stating that you are offended,
writing a letter, expressing outrage perhaps or perhaps
being more diplomatic; having a nurse-in as others
suggested -- on the steps outside the building if they
kick you out, perhaps. Or picketing outside the building
with signs complaining that they're anti-baby, etc.
Handing out leaflets, etc. You can do all that even
if they didn't break the law. Those sorts of things
are part of how laws get changed.

Or she could just cover up her tit.

-L.

Old June 24th 06, 04:07 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Catherine Woodgold" wrote in message

I think Amy plonked the troll long ago...
Amanda

Old June 24th 06, 10:08 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Catherine Woodgold wrote:
"Carlye" ) writes:
Although I would've been ****ed off, too, from a legal standpoint, I
don't know that you've got much to stand on, unfortunately.

You don't have to have specific legal rights in order to
complain. Even when you have legal rights, sometimes it's
more effective not to mention them.

Well, I'm well aware of that. But the OP indicated she thought that
statute somehow would help her, or that that statute made the Y's
actions unlawful. All I was stating is that it didn't -- obviously,
she can complain anyway, and should, if she wants to.

-Carlye
DS 6-2-06
DD 9-29-04