Please Help! NOW!

Old May 9th 04, 05:29 AM
Carol Ann

Default Please Help! NOW!

If you can, buy a swing. I've used them with all 3 kids, its a lifesaver.

Have a great one! I will begin to use it more. I had been using the
vibrating bouncer (Kick and Play). But, she seems tired of it.

Today I DID use the Aquarium Swing. Can I leave her alone with it on?

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://tinyurl.com/299ot ---Pictures of Morgan

Old May 9th 04, 05:38 AM
Tori M.

Oh, I did also give her some Little Tummies Gas Drops and she let out a
bit
of air. Perhaps she has terrible gas?

*hugs* Carol I went through 2 thingys of gas drops in a year with bonnie...
most of it was gone by the time she was 4 months old.. Even now if she has
been crying a while it helps if I give her a tums. It is a vicious cycle
they cry because they are upset then they get gas then they cry because they
have gas which gives them more gas.. Gotta love gas drops

Tori
--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04
"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Morgan just won't let me put her down. She wants to be on me all the

time.
She eats and falls asleep. Then, when I put her down she wails.

Ohhhhh ... I remember the days. And it can be so, so hard. It's most

likely
a(nother) growth spurt, but hearing that answer over and over isn't much
help when you're in the middle of it. Probably hearing BTDT isn't much

help,
either, except to let you know that neither you nor your babe are doing
anything wrong.

Yes, I've heard this before. I tend to ask the same question over and
over....sorry if it bothers anyone! I just get crazed.

You can do some things to make it easier on yourself ...

- give over to it ... she needs you now, just let her have you. It's

hard,
but will pass (I promise). I do remember the exact moment I did this,

and
how much better it made me feel.

I do this because I hate to hear her cry.

- try handing her over to a person instead of putting her down yourself.

could never put either of my babies down without them waking. DH always
could.

When he is here, I definitely do! He's great with her.

- is there anything (besides you) that keeps her happy when she's awake?

Not that I know of. I do put her in her aquarium swing with music

playing.
She likes that.

The
sound of the vacuum or the baby gym or you singing or whatever... do

those
things with her, so she starts to notice you as a playmate rather than a
milk machine.

I am going to get the Gymini Floor Mat and Activity Center and will try to
use the Bjorn and Wrap when I can.

- and the usual ... drink plenty of water, rest when you can, don't

worry
about the clock, and hang in there. It's OK and it'll be even more OK.

Thanks, Marnie! I'm trying to remember the positives!!

I AM greatful to have her.

--
Marnie, with much sympathy

Old May 9th 04, 05:39 AM
Tori M.

I believe she means a Pacifier.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04
"Carol Ann" wrote in message
hi Carol Ann,

Caden is exactly the same, i ended up giving in and getting him a dummy.
I dont know if you want to try this or have tried it.

hth

Leanne

A dummy?

Old May 9th 04, 06:16 AM
heather m.

I am going to get the Gymini Floor Mat and Activity Center and will try to
use the Bjorn and Wrap when I can.

The gym thingies worked great for me when my son was that age. Also, laying
him on the bed and just laying next to him and talking to him, letting him
kick his legs and wave his arms in the air. I babysat a breastfed baby once
that after taking an expressed bottle and falling asleep would wake up
screaming everytime you tried to lay him down. The way I got around it was
by getting him used to me patting him softly on the rear end, kind of moving
him up and down a little while he fell asleep, then when I laid him down, I
made sure I had a blanket or something handy to lightly snug around him (not
*tight* or anything, more like to give him the feeling if he happened to
partially wake up that he was still being held, if that makes any sense)
sort of pushed up against his back and maybe one balled up behind his rear,
nothing in the front, and lain on his side. All the while still lightly
patting him (he'd rustle for a minute or two) then he'd drop back off. It
was the *only* thing that worked for this baby, he was about 6 weeks old at
the time.

Good luck,
Heather
DS 4/26/96

Old May 9th 04, 06:20 AM
Jinxie

On Sun, 09 May 2004 04:29:24 GMT, "Carol Ann"
wrote:

*-* If you can, buy a swing. I've used them with all 3 kids, its a
lifesaver.
*-*
*-*Have a great one! I will begin to use it more. I had been using
the
*-*vibrating bouncer (Kick and Play). But, she seems tired of it.
*-*
*-*Today I DID use the Aquarium Swing. Can I leave her alone with it
on?
*-*
*-*~Carol Ann
*-*Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
*-*http://tinyurl.com/299ot ---Pictures of Morgan
*-*
*-*
*-*
As long as she's securely buckled up she can swing til her little
hearts content, or she falls asleep which ever comes first! lol We
sold bugs swing cause his thighs got too big for the space allowed for
them. He took a LOT of naps in it while I was in the kitchen or
living room. When he got overtired, but didn't wanna sleep cause he'd
miss something i'd strap him in, wind him up & off he'd go! We'd
start out on speed 2 then when he'd fall asleep i'd drop it down to
first gear, turn the music lower & lay on the couch & sleep while he
napped. Worked a charm! Mine laid back too. It was a link a doos
swing. Good luck & don't worry this too shall pass. lol If that
don't work get in your pj's get a good book & a big bottle of water &
get in bed with her. ) Maybe she just needs to be close to your
heartbeat. Bug was breech & he slept on my chest for about the first
two months. Now he still scrunches down when he's upset so he can
hear it. It's cute, but he's so heavy it's not so comfy anymore. lol

Take care!

Jinxie & da bug

Old May 9th 04, 06:21 AM
Carol Ann

Morgan just won't let me put her down. She wants to be on me all the
time.
She eats and falls asleep. Then, when I put her down she wails.

I've tried just about everything. I'm at my wits end.

Please help!!

My mother is now holding her, even though it makes her arm hurt. Morgan
fell fast asleep in minutes. What gives???????????

Old May 9th 04, 06:24 AM
Carol Ann

Morgan just won't let me put her down. She wants to be on me all the
time.
She eats and falls asleep. Then, when I put her down she wails.

I've tried just about everything. I'm at my wits end.

Please help!!

By the way, she also doesn't allow me to just hold her. She wants to nurse
if I hold her in my arms.

I'm hoping this changes with the wrap and carrier.

Old May 9th 04, 06:27 AM
Jinxie

On Sun, 09 May 2004 05:24:26 GMT, "Carol Ann"
wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a growth spurt with comfort nursing. )

Jinxie & da bug
Old May 9th 04, 06:50 AM
Carol Ann

[...]

Awesome advice! Thank you.

Old May 9th 04, 01:14 PM
Karen

I mostly wear my newborns (Baby Bjorn - and it's easy to put them in - if
you're nervous, just arrange her while she's lying down, then lean over her
to attach her to the harness on your body). But when I have to put him down
(two other children - very busy!), I've found that the Fisher Price Aquarium
Bouncer is a godsend. I don't know what I would have done without it. He's
seven months and still loves it.

Karen