Nursing Bra Question

Old July 26th 03, 03:02 PM
Lori

Default Nursing Bra Question

Hi ladies
You have been very helpful to me in the past with breast feeding questions
so I thought you could answer this for me. I want to get some nursing bras
ahead of time but I have no clue what size to get. Before pregnancy I was a
almost a DD. Now at 5 months pregnant I am a DD. What size bra would be a
estimate to buy for after my milk comes in. Thank you

Lori

Old July 26th 03, 03:18 PM
iphigenia

Lori wrote:
You have been very helpful to me in the past with breast feeding
questions so I thought you could answer this for me. I want to get
some nursing bras ahead of time but I have no clue what size to get.
Before pregnancy I was a almost a DD. Now at 5 months pregnant I am
a DD. What size bra would be a estimate to buy for after my milk
comes in. Thank you

It's really quite impossible to estimate. For one thing, your band size may
well change; many women's ribcages widen, especially during the later months
of pregnancy. Additionally, there's no way of knowing what your cup size
will be. If you want to have something on hand ahead of time, you might want
to get a Bravado or a sports bra, which aren't that supportive but will
accomodate changes in size.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old July 26th 03, 10:55 PM
Larry McMahan

Lori writes:
: Hi ladies
: You have been very helpful to me in the past with breast feeding questions
: so I thought you could answer this for me. I want to get some nursing bras
: ahead of time but I have no clue what size to get. Before pregnancy I was a
: almost a DD. Now at 5 months pregnant I am a DD. What size bra would be a
: estimate to buy for after my milk comes in. Thank you

: Lori

Based on Monika's experience, buy a bra that fits, but not tightly about 2
weeks before your due date. It will still probably be a little tight when
you are engorged, but will be ok most of the time after the birth.

Good luck,
Larry

Old July 27th 03, 05:50 AM
A&G&K

"Lori" wrote in message
Hi ladies
You have been very helpful to me in the past with breast feeding questions
so I thought you could answer this for me. I want to get some nursing

bras
ahead of time but I have no clue what size to get. Before pregnancy I was

almost a DD. Now at 5 months pregnant I am a DD. What size bra would be

estimate to buy for after my milk comes in. Thank you

Lori

I went and had a professional fitting when I was about 7.5 months along ...
its really the only way to guarantee a correct fit.
In my case, I went from a 12 DD to a 16 E during pregnancy.
The nursing bras that I have all have twice the length of fastenning
positions than my normal bras so they were able to accomodate 'everything'
when my milk came in (I estimate that I was an 18E - so on the widest
fitting) to now (almost a year down the track) at 14 E on the smallest
fitting for my 16 E bras.
HTH
Amanda

Old July 29th 03, 12:36 PM

"Lori" wrote in message
Hi ladies
You have been very helpful to me in the past with breast feeding questions
so I thought you could answer this for me. I want to get some nursing

bras
ahead of time but I have no clue what size to get. Before pregnancy I was

almost a DD. Now at 5 months pregnant I am a DD. What size bra would be

estimate to buy for after my milk comes in. Thank you

Lori

I can't help with size, still trying to figure out what works for me, and DD
is 2 months old
one helpful hint, if you will be using one hand to fasten/unfasten, look for
the Playtex ones with the plastic tab (or similar). they are MUCH easier
than the ones with hook/eye closures! (IME)
Edith
nak

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
nursing during pregnancy question Lisa Besko Breastfeeding 1 July 18th 03 07:47 PM