Crazy baby schedule...

Old August 18th 06, 08:28 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
stasya

Default Crazy baby schedule...

My baby has entered a wonky feeding schedule.... She's 7 months old,
and while she has one or two meals a day of solids, I still nurse her.
But she has decided to wake every hour on the hour from about 3 am on
until she wakes for good at 8 am. I'm so sleepy of course I don't even
think about getting up, bringing her to my bed, nursing her, then
putting her back. I couldn't stop myself, that is, my brain's so not
functioning. Lucky for me the crib is two feet away from my bed.
Hopefully for me, she's just going through a growth spurt or something.
She nurses 5-6 times a day.

Stasya

Old August 18th 06, 09:53 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

stasya writes:
: My baby has entered a wonky feeding schedule.... She's 7 months old,
: and while she has one or two meals a day of solids, I still nurse her.
: But she has decided to wake every hour on the hour from about 3 am on
: until she wakes for good at 8 am. I'm so sleepy of course I don't even
: think about getting up, bringing her to my bed, nursing her, then
: putting her back. I couldn't stop myself, that is, my brain's so not
: functioning. Lucky for me the crib is two feet away from my bed.
: Hopefully for me, she's just going through a growth spurt or something.
: She nurses 5-6 times a day.

: Stasya

You may want to try letting her stay in your bed after the 3 AM waking
and trying to sleep through the nursing sessions until 8 AM.

Larry
Old August 19th 06, 07:22 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
stasya

wrote:
stasya writes:
: My baby has entered a wonky feeding schedule.... She's 7 months old,
: and while she has one or two meals a day of solids, I still nurse her.
: But she has decided to wake every hour on the hour from about 3 am on
: until she wakes for good at 8 am. I'm so sleepy of course I don't even
: think about getting up, bringing her to my bed, nursing her, then
: putting her back. I couldn't stop myself, that is, my brain's so not
: functioning. Lucky for me the crib is two feet away from my bed.
: Hopefully for me, she's just going through a growth spurt or something.
: She nurses 5-6 times a day.

: Stasya

You may want to try letting her stay in your bed after the 3 AM waking
and trying to sleep through the nursing sessions until 8 AM.

Larry

I would and have, but then I feel guilty about it! I will wake up an
hour or hour and a half and realize she's still latched! You know, baby
bottle mouth and all that. And she's super wiggly, sometimes even when
asleep. I've had her unlatch and do a couple of rolls away (luckily not
making it to the edge of the bed and drop to hardwood floor....) I was
joking with my babysitter. I work sometimes until 2 or 3 AM, and last
night I came home at that time, and S the babysitter was holding baby
and saying she kept waking up and crying (baby that is...) But then we
put her back to bed with no problem. I told S that she should come stay
a week, and instead of me nursing, S will just snuggle her back to
sleep, and when it's all said n done, baby will sleep through.

Stasya

Old August 21st 06, 01:20 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

stasya wrote:

I will wake up an
hour or hour and a half and realize she's still latched! You know, baby
bottle mouth and all that.

Milk doesn't leak out of your breasts into her mouth the way it would
from a bottle - at this stage, it shouldn't be coming out unless she's
actively sucking. There are implications for babies' teeth in letting
them feed through the night (although, again, that probably isn't a
problem as a short-term thing), but letting her stay latched on between
feeds shouldn't create any extra problems.

All the best,

Sarah

Old August 21st 06, 01:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
PattyMomVA

"stasya" wrote:
My baby has entered a wonky feeding schedule.... She's 7 months old,
and while she has one or two meals a day of solids, I still nurse her.
But she has decided to wake every hour on the hour from about 3 am on
until she wakes for good at 8 am. I'm so sleepy of course I don't even
think about getting up, bringing her to my bed, nursing her, then
putting her back. I couldn't stop myself, that is, my brain's so not
functioning. Lucky for me the crib is two feet away from my bed.
Hopefully for me, she's just going through a growth spurt or something.
She nurses 5-6 times a day.

We started co-sleeping when DD experienced separation anxiety at about 8
months. She couldn't stand being in her crib and woke as your baby is. I'd
resisted co-sleeping until then, but now I wonder why. It turned out well
for us.

HTH,
-Patty, mom of 1+2

Old August 21st 06, 01:54 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
PattyMomVA

Sarah wrote and I snipped:
stasya wrote:
I will wake up an
hour or hour and a half and realize she's still latched! You know, baby
bottle mouth and all that.

Milk doesn't leak out of your breasts into her mouth the way it would
from a bottle - at this stage, it shouldn't be coming out unless she's
actively sucking.

Also, breastmilk doesn't breed bacteria the way formula does. Even if there
were breastmilk on your babies teeth as she slept, it wouldn't be as bad for
them as formula.

-Patty, mom of 1+2

Old August 30th 06, 09:23 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
col

My 10 month old does the same apart from she wakes at midnight as well.
She eats 3 meals a day and anything else she can.She gos to bed fine at
8pm but wake at 12 and nothin will settle her apart from a feed from
me, but she won't go back in the cot. I don't mind her sleeping with me
however I can no longer sleep my self and lay awake for hour willin her
to sleep.We have visited a sleep clinic however they where no help and
told me to stop breastfeeding.I don't want to stop and don't feel that
the answar.I also have a 2 year old who get woken everytime she does.So
if anyone has any ideas please let me know i'll try anything for a good
nights sleep

Old September 5th 06, 08:34 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Irrational Number

col wrote:

My 10 month old does the same apart from she wakes at midnight as well.
She eats 3 meals a day and anything else she can.She gos to bed fine at
8pm but wake at 12 and nothin will settle her apart from a feed from
me, but she won't go back in the cot. I don't mind her sleeping with me
however I can no longer sleep my self and lay awake for hour willin her
to sleep.

Can you nurse her side-lying? I've done that
since Rocky was born and get great sleep.

-- Anita --
Old September 6th 06, 09:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
col

Can you nurse her side-lying? I've done that
since Rocky was born and get great sleep.

-- Anita --

Ive tried and i dont mind it but its the fact i can sleep at all
anymore. Im just so tired all the time and eveyone around me thinks i
should give up which i cant do