Oh, those nutty Canadian Kourts...

Old December 14th 05, 05:04 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,soc.men

Default Oh, those Kourts are nutty all over

What is interesting is why the courts (and the law) act the way they do

Easy, judges want to get re-elected like any politician. Further, the job
appeals to those who like imposing their personal will upon others
with the backing of government's use of deadly force.

and why men seem blind to it.

Same reasons people were blind to Nazi treatment of Jews and
the Jim Crow treatment of blacks. Hey, look how many people
are blind to Saddam's rape rooms and torture cells. The
mainstreamed propaganda is such that no one is inclined to take
the risk to attack the sound bite of the deadbeat dad and explain
the inappropriate oppression that is the reality lest they become
under attack.

Old December 14th 05, 06:21 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce,soc.men

Default Oh, those nutty Canadian Kourts...

In article PDwnf.97595$ki.74621@pd7tw2no, Heidi Graw,
says...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Heidi, legally you are correct, he is his own child's step-father. I
spoke to the attorney friend briefly about the case about a year ago. I
am no longer represented by this lawyer. The effect of the entire
situation is that the biological father would not adopt the children
back.

sigh So sad for the children. And not much can be done about it if that
bio-father refuses to adopt back his own children. In this case, it's not
just the mother extracting money from the father who had adopted the
children, but the bio-father is taking full advantage of the situation, too.

I don't think the children's feelings mattered all that much.

The parents being an ex-con and a former stripper. Sheez! I wonder if
social services is keeping an eye out on this family. If the father who had
adopted the kids has concerns for their welfare, he should probably make
that known. If the children are of school age it is possible to enlist the
help of the school admins to keep a closer watch over those children.
Mention ex-con and former stripper and ears perk up at the school...at least
in my area they do. A social worker would be called in right away to look
into that family.

If this father who adopted the children can get those children into
foster-care, then he'd be able to get out of paying child support. He can
claim he can't look after the children by himself...plus the children could
end up in a more appropriate home...one that has parents which don't have
criminal records or who have not been engaged in morally questionable
careers.

I would assume that the adoption agency would not allow him to relinguish
the care of the children into the biological father's care without the
consent of the biofather.

No, they won't force a bio-father to adopt back his own children. The
children could however end up in a foster-home if a social worker gets
involved and finds that the home is not appropriate for the children.

It would be, legally, the same situation as a
biofather saying, "well they live with step-dad, so he can take care of
them."

This is simply one of those crazy situations that occur anytime a law
is badly drafted.

What gives me concern is that a judge would even grant custody of the
children to an ex-con and a former stripper! If the father who adopted the
children didn't actually want custody, then I think I would have ordered the
children into foster-care and tagged them "adoptable" for any other couple
who may step forward to raise them as their own.

How overburdened is the foster-care system where this incident occured? Are
the social workers overloaded as well?

From what you've described, I personally think these parents are unfit!

Oh well...poor kids!

Heidi

I don't think anyone should be able to take away your kids simply
because you used to have an occupation that involved taking your clothes
off. It hardly makes them unfit parents.
You do realize that the foster care system is seriously flawed and that
many kids are moved around from home to home and are often abused. There
are a few good homes, but all too often it's seen as an easy way to make
money. Unless there's a real danger to the childrens health and well
being, kids shouldn't be taken from their parents.

--
knoxy
mhm34x10
#6 on mimus wanted poster list

"The Internet is a gateway to get on the net."
Bob Dole

"Do it anyway. You are being a kook so you are not allowed to make
decisions.

You'll feel better that way."

Necco calling me a kook in message id