It's slow in here!

Old July 16th 03, 02:39 AM
Truffles

Default It's slow in here!

W wrote:

When did your twins/triplets begin sleeping through the night? I'm
interested in hearing your experiences.

Depends on your definition of sleeping through the night. The AAP's
definition is 5 hours.

Mine are 21 months old and they don't sleep through the night in that
they wake up briefly to move over to their second beds in our room.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old July 16th 03, 02:45 AM
David desJardins

Jonathan writes:
David, if I defined "sleeping through the night" as sleeping from 12
to 5 a.m., how often does that happen?

Almost never. They usually go to bed between 10 and 11 pm. Sarah tends
to wake up more earlier in the night, so she'll often wake between 12
and 2, but fairly easily go back to sleep, and occasionally will then
sleep until morning (getting up sometime between 7 and 8:30), although
often she has 2-3 awakenings, 1-2 hours apart. Sometimes she has night
terrors and then will be "awake" (screaming but not really coherent,
with her eyes closed) for a half hour or so. Louis will sleep more
soundly during the first part of the night, but he tends to wake between
2 and 4. He doesn't have the night terrors, but he's often harder to
calm back to sleep in his ordinary mood; he just likes being awake.

David desJardins
Old July 16th 03, 02:48 AM

"The Fackrell's" surveyed the damage, then,
boldy dove into the melee, yelling something about:

I'm sorry, what is DW???

DW = Dear Wife (I learned that in this group as well!)

and YES, You should become a SAHD!! why not??!!!

I keep calling DW "Sugar Momma", and she doesn't seem to mind! ;-)

As for sleeping in longer stretches or possibly through the
night.....good luck! You may luck out and have them start sleeping the
majority of the night anytime now (my twins started at 2.5months,
their older brother at 3mos) but some take over a year!!! If you're
bottle-feeding you can add a slight amount of rice cereal into the
bottle at nighttime @ 3mos or so....this will give them something that
will "stick to the ribs" per se and they'll sleep longer....it worked
for all 3 of mine!!

We are bottle feeding, and we'll be talking to our pediatrician this Friday
so we'll ask what she recommends.

Thanks for the reply!

--
Jonathan

Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow.

H.S.
Old July 16th 03, 02:52 AM

David desJardins surveyed the damage, then, boldy
dove into the melee, yelling something about:

When did your twins/triplets begin sleeping through the night? I'm
interested in hearing your experiences.

It hasn't happened yet. They wake up once or twice each. (Perhaps once
a week, one or the other will go all night without waking up.) Last
night, Louis was awake for about two hours (2am-4am); he just wouldn't

They will be 3 in September.

David, if I defined "sleeping through the night" as sleeping from 12 to 5
a.m., how often does that happen? We'd both be really pleased with that
sort of schedule.

I guess even I didn't always (before kids) "sleep through the night"
according to my own definition! ;-)

Old July 16th 03, 03:38 AM
Ellen Kmetz

Hi Jonathan,

My twins slept thru the night at about 10 weeks. They now go to bed between 7
& 8 and sleep 12 hrs. straight. Yours are doing great for their age. It may
happen like it did for us...one night they just won't wake up for that feeding!

Take care,

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Old July 16th 03, 03:49 AM
David desJardins

Ellen Kmetz writes:
My twins slept thru the night at about 10 weeks. They now go to bed
between 7 & 8 and sleep 12 hrs. straight. Yours are doing great for
their age. It may happen like it did for us...one night they just
won't wake up for that feeding!

Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

It's amazing how different children can be from one another. My twins
are the same age as yours, and I don't think either one has slept 12
hours straight in their entire lives. They rarely sleep 12 hours out of
24, even including a nap. (I assume yours take a nap, too?)

David desJardins
Old July 16th 03, 04:07 AM
The Fackrell's

Well, I guess if this Dr Thomas says it then it MUST be so....puhleez! I
know Dr. James Day and Dr. Richard Gould and his Assoc (whose name escapes
me right now, highly suggest it!) sorry, I'm feelin honery tonight!
Myth or not, I simply SUGGESTED it since it worked the very night I tried
it, when my first born turned 3 mos to the day and also worked on BOTH my
twins at 2.5 mos (gee thats 12weeks and 10w?d old.....outside of the "great
Dr Thomas' timeline....which btw, I don't think its even suggest introducing
cereals until at least 3 mos - yup, I stepped outside of industry standards
and went by my own gut feeling! I'm the Mom, I can do that!).....plus it has
worked with EVERYONE that I know of! Hey, if it helps it helps if not, onto
the next suggestion...what ever works!!

Gwen....who feels kinds dumb for not being able to interpret
DW....lol...understandable I guess, since I would never use it...I use DH!
lol

Old July 16th 03, 12:55 PM
Gerhild S.

W wrote:

When did your twins/triplets begin sleeping through the night? I'm
interested in hearing your experiences.

Talking of different types of kids: DD slept through at 10 weeks, DS
doesn't reliably even now, at 10+ months, he wakes up at around 2-3 in
the morning (and a lot more when he's sick as he was last week).

Technically even DS is considered "sleeping through" as he goes to bed
at 8-9 pm and gets up at 5-6 pm, so, yes, there *is* an uninterrupted
6-hours period of sleep. However, it does not coincide with mine ;-)

need slow cooker cookbook glunk General 5 July 8th 04 10:19 PM
slow amniotic fluid leak? Abi Pregnancy 5 February 10th 04 11:56 PM
Geez! I can be slow, sometimes! DeliciousTruffles Breastfeeding 7 January 20th 04 05:41 PM
Slow heart beat Welches Pregnancy 8 October 15th 03 06:58 PM
[OT] When Does the Shedding Slow Down? Belphoebe Breastfeeding 10 July 21st 03 02:21 PM