What happened to our group?? ROLL CALL

Old February 4th 05, 01:52 AM
Seth Jackson

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:21:55 GMT, "m.ackerman"
wrote:

Seth,

I just voted...keep us updated on your songs.

Thanks! I hope you get a chance to see the video.

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:51:08 GMT, "m.ackerman"
wrote:

You go Seth! I just love Country and do get GAC! Congrats on your songs!
I will keep listening for them.

Thanks. If you want to help get the video into the Top 20, you can
vote for it at http://www.gactv.com/vote.html

Shirley

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message

I'm Seth, will be 50 in July (yikes!). My wife is Etsuko. We live in
sunny California, and we're the parents of 5-year-old b/g twins Derek
and Mariel.

The twins are in Kindergarten now. The kids were born in October, and
the school district's cutoff date is Dec. 1. We've discovered how
trendy it's become for parents to hold their kids back a year to give
them a supposed age advantage over the other kids, and as a result,
our kids are each the youngest in their respective classes. Derek is
also rather small for his age, so he's easily the smallest kid in his
class. Nevertheless, they're getting along quite well.

My wife goes out and earns the paycheck while I stay home with the
kids. When I have time, I also write songs and try to get them
recorded by singers and bands. If you get the Great American Country
(GAC) TV station, you can actually see a video of one of my songs on
the air now. The song is called "My Lucky Stars and Stripes" and it's
sung by a band called Dyers Daughters (www.dyersdaughters.com). The
song is also the title of their new CD, which is available at all
Wal-Mart stores and online at Walmart.com. I have three songs on the
CD.
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.co...ypictures.html

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net

Old February 8th 05, 03:47 PM
KimandJuan

Hey!!!

We have been in the midst of a move. When I came to peek in I got a message
saying that I won't be able to access this NG through AOL for much longer. I
don't know any other way to access it. What do I do???

Anyhow... I am Kimberly (27) SAHM married to Juan (25) Walgreen's Store
Manager. We have three wonderful daughters. Alexis is 5 and in her first year
of kindergarten. We just switched her from a public school to a Montessori
charter school. She is having a difficult transition but... we'll see how it
goes. Emma and Aislyn (eyezlynn) are now 28 months and have been diaper free
for about two months now!!! Yeah!!! They are into EVERYTHING though!!! I
can't wait to hit 3 years old and be done with 2!
We recently moved from College Station, Texas to McAllen, Texas. Huge culture
shock but, we things should settle down a bit once we close on the house and
get into a routine and figure things out around here.

Well, you may not hear from me for another month... my computer access is rare.
I wanted to give a quick hello though!
Take care!
~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/
Old February 8th 05, 04:00 PM
KimandJuan

I don't know what I was thinking but I reread my post and saw that I had a
typo... Juan is actually 31 and I am 26.. as I said before things are crazy
around here!
Old February 9th 05, 01:18 AM
Andrea

...I got a message
saying that I won't be able to access this NG through AOL for much longer. I
don't know any other way to access it. What do I do???

Me too Kim.

I think you can do it through Google? Anyone know? I'm very upset about it.

I'm Andrea and my dh is William. We live in South Carolina. We have twin
girls, Jordan & Madison, who will be 5 years old next month (Yikes!). I'm still
trying to figure out how I ended up with almost-5 year olds! They're growing
up waayyy too fast!

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3/22/00

Old February 9th 05, 03:16 AM
Terri and Rob

Yes, you can access the newsgroup through Google. You can also use your
mail reader programs. I don't know about all of them, but if you get your
email through Outlook Express, Netscape, or Mazilla, you definitely can.
Those are the three I have used, and I have always accessed this group
through the mail programs.

--

Terri & Rob
Colton (11-29-00)

Old February 9th 05, 05:28 PM
Megan

Just be advised that Google is way behind with posts. Not being able to
access NG's from AOL only applies to dial up customers. If you are using
cable DSL I think you are still able to log on.

~Megan~
"Mama" to twins,
Aidan & Alexis

Old February 9th 05, 06:23 PM
Helen

KimandJuan wrote:
Hey!!!

We have been in the midst of a move. When I came to peek in I got a message
saying that I won't be able to access this NG through AOL for much longer. I
don't know any other way to access it. What do I do???

AOL is not being very helpful about this (surprise, surprise). What you
need is two new programs, a news SERVER (such as news.individual.net)
and a news READER (such as Mozilla Thunderbird). I registered with
news.individual.net (which took a day or so, but they may be more backed
up now that AOL has actually taken newsgroups totally off) and
downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird. It was a bit of a hassle to set all this
up, but not as bad as I'd feared. Anyway I now have a spam-trapped
address, which is nice (I'm told that the mouse-potato.com thing means
that not only will the spam not reach me, it won't even leave the
spammer's computer, hee hee hee!).

--Helen
Old February 10th 05, 01:27 AM
David Candler

Ellen Kmetz wrote:
Where is everyone?**I*know*AOL*is*missing*lots*of*newsgroup *posts,*but*I
don't
think there have been any here in a long time.**So*let's*have*a*roll*call
and get everyone out of hiding!

Hi, I just joined recently.**I'm*Carla*(33)*and*DH*is*David*(34).**W e*run*a
mixed farming operation in Saskatchewan, Canada and have been together for
almost 5 yrs.

We're happy parents to Mitchell (2yrs) and expecting frat twin boys in June.
The pregnancy itself wasn't a shock, we started trying again in September
and conceived right away.**Twins,*however,*was*the*biggest*shock*of*ou r
lives.**We*had*gone*for*a*more*detailed*u/s*due*to*an*elevated*AFP*result.*
Good thing I was already lying down when the tech told us 'there are two in
there'.**

I haven't found too many good twin sites, so I hope you don't mind me
joining this newsgroup.

Carla
Mitchell (Aug 11/02)
twin boys (sometime May-Jun 05)
Old February 10th 05, 03:26 AM
Terri and Rob

Welcome Carla, nice to meet you. I am from Canada as well, but there are
very few others. My twins were a surprise as well but a blessing.