33 Week Appt--complaining, mostly!

Old July 25th 03, 01:41 AM
GoofeeGyrl

Default 33 Week Appt--complaining, mostly!

Another Sept Mom checking in....

I had my 33 week appt this afternoon, which was rescheduled from last week (doc
had a delivery last week and it had to be rescheduled). I was supposed to go
in the week before but I was on vacation. So it's been a while since I had a
check up.

I got there today with Sophie in tow and DH meeting us there, it was the first
appointment they had been to with me. There is a sign posted that children are
not allowed, but I almost every single time I have been there, there are at
least 3 kids there, so I said screw it and took Sophie with me.

After signing in I was called up to get my BP and weight, etc., then told that
my doc had just left on a delivery about 15 minutes prior. I let out a snort,
as this has happened to me 4 times--either having to reschedule or getting
there and finding out she had just left. I was not pleased as the last time I
went in, I could not see her anyway since she was on vacation, and I really
like this OB. The other people I have seen in the practice are just not to my
liking.

So baby is head down, my BP is fine, baby's heatbeat is great, although I did
not ask what it was. I gained 1 pound since last time, for a total of 30 now,
which is about 10 less than this point with Sophie, so it made my day!

I got my preregistration forms for the hospital, and attempted to make all my
remaining appts, since it has gotten rather difficult lately. I made my next
one for two weeks from now, and then I am supposed to go weekly but there was
not one single appt available that next week with my doc, so the chick told me
that she could not do the rest for me until that one was scheduled. Whatever.

I did not argue with her as I have been in a ****y mood all day. DH got passed
over for a promotion yesterday that he was all but promised on paper last week
so I spent yesterday afternoon crying, which I am sure is not great for little
baby, but all the stress of the last year, losing my job, moving across the
country, planning this baby upon what DH's career path was supposed to be after
taking this job, and it has turned out to be nothing like that, and starting
the process of getting ready to buy a house (we won't start the actual process
until after baby comes but we are researching neighcorhoods, etc), and that 10
day visit with my in laws a couple weeks back, they all are catching up with me
and I am just an emotional wreck! How is that for a run on sentence??

Thanks for listening, if anybody still is

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due Sept 7th
Old July 25th 03, 05:24 AM
sabie

Thanks for listening, if anybody still is

You are welcome. You poor thing, I'm sorry to hear what you went through
lately. as far as the OB goes: You have a good chance of not seeing the OB
you like during your delivery, either. So you better get to know the others
now, don't you think so?

Best wishes,

Sabine

Old July 25th 03, 06:05 AM
toypup

"GoofeeGyrl" wrote in message
After signing in I was called up to get my BP and weight, etc., then told

that
my doc had just left on a delivery about 15 minutes prior. I let out a

snort,
as this has happened to me 4 times--either having to reschedule or getting
there and finding out she had just left. I was not pleased as the last

time I
went in, I could not see her anyway since she was on vacation, and I

really
like this OB. The other people I have seen in the practice are just not

to my
liking.

All that going on is enough to make anyone's head spin. However, I never
get upset about a doc going to the hospital for a patient, because the next
time, that patient could be me. And I would be darned glad that the doc
left the office for me.

Old July 26th 03, 05:35 AM
GoofeeGyrl

I can't believe that in a matter of days we will be 34!!! weeks.
I'm really starting to imagine what this little guy will be like. I feel so
much
more like I have a *baby* coming
and I'm not *just pregnant*, if that makes any sense. :-)
So Linda, what do you imagine your baby is going to look like?

K-

I can't help but think that this one will resemble Sophie, which is not
rational, I know. I have a feeling she is going to be bigger, but maybe that
is just since I am so uncomfortable in the heat!

This pregnancy has gone by so fast, even though I have been much more
uncomfortable! In a little over a months' time, we will all be mommies of
newborns, it's a trip!

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due Sept 7th

Old July 27th 03, 09:57 AM
Tiina News

GoofeeGyrl wrote:

So baby is head down, my BP is fine, baby's heatbeat is great, although I did
not ask what it was. I gained 1 pound since last time, for a total of 30 now,
which is about 10 less than this point with Sophie, so it made my day!

Sounds great, Linda! I'm glad to hear everything is fine with the baby.

[...]

You're welcome. :-) I don't blame you for being overwhelmed, and don't
you blame yourself either. A crying jag is not going to hurt the baby!
Women have healthy babies in extremely stressful circumstances. So,
being an emotional wreck might be hard on you, but the baby will be
fine. :-)

Hoping it gets easier for you,

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due Sept 7th

Old July 29th 03, 06:51 AM
Elly

Linda - glad the appointment went well, minus the scheduling part. This is
really inconsiderate of them!

I hope you feel better now. Come here to vent or feel free to e-mail me
privately anytime!

Elly
30 weeks today
EDD October 6th

Old July 29th 03, 05:30 PM
GoofeeGyrl

Linda - glad the appointment went well, minus the scheduling part. This is
really inconsiderate of them!

I hope you feel better now. Come here to vent or feel free to e-mail me
privately anytime!

Elly
30 weeks today
EDD October 6th

Thanks, Elly. I am actually feeling much better today. I had a nice weekend
at my mom's house, spent some time in the pool with Sophie and got some help
with her, so that made a big diffference in my mood. DH had already put in 40
hours of work between Sat and mid day yesterday, on top of about 65 hours last
week, so I was feeling a little overwhlemed doing the single parent thing. I
just don't know how people do it without a partner around at least a few hours
a day to help with the kid/s!

How does it feel to hit 30 weeks?

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due Sept 7th

Old July 29th 03, 05:38 PM
David&Wendy

congrats on 30 weeks you are almost there!!
big smiles sending your way!!
wendy mom of 4 now!!

6 week u/s-update Donna Metler General 4 May 15th 04 05:21 AM
32 week update Tiina News Pregnancy 8 July 31st 03 03:04 PM
31 week report & a positioning question Em Pregnancy 19 July 26th 03 08:07 PM
30 week visit--failed 1-hour GTT :o( Dagny Pregnancy 13 July 11th 03 10:58 PM
30 week update Tiina News Pregnancy 1 July 11th 03 10:12 PM