Brown Mucus

Old October 15th 03, 11:57 PM
Bayoufire

Default Brown Mucus

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and today after using the restroom have noticed
a brown thin mucus. Should i be concerned? Is this normal? Should I
go to the hospital now? I don't want to go if this is most likely
nothing. If it persists throughout today and tomorrow I will go but I
just don't know. By the way this as many may be able to tell is my
first pregnancy. Thank y'all in advance for feedback.
Old October 16th 03, 12:57 AM
JennP

"Bayoufire" wrote in message
om...
I'm 10 weeks pregnant and today after using the restroom have noticed
a brown thin mucus. Should i be concerned? Is this normal? Should I
go to the hospital now? I don't want to go if this is most likely
nothing. If it persists throughout today and tomorrow I will go but I
just don't know. By the way this as many may be able to tell is my
first pregnancy. Thank y'all in advance for feedback.

Sorry to be vague, but it could be something or it could be nothing. I would
strongly recommend calling your doctor and see what they say. Often if you
report spotting they will do an ultrasound to check for a heartbeat. At 10
weeks you should definitely be able to see one via transvaginal ultrasound.
HTH
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old October 16th 03, 11:32 AM
John & Sara

I dont think its anything really. At 6 and 10 weeks I spotted brown
mucus too, and it was just old blood I was told. Unless if its red or
pink, then it is a worry. But call your doc just in case, and keep us
informed )

Sara
33 wks
Old October 16th 03, 02:55 PM
Ilse Witch

Bayoufire wrote:
I'm 10 weeks pregnant and today after using the restroom have noticed
a brown thin mucus. Should i be concerned? Is this normal? Should I
go to the hospital now? I don't want to go if this is most likely
nothing. If it persists throughout today and tomorrow I will go but I
just don't know. By the way this as many may be able to tell is my
first pregnancy. Thank y'all in advance for feedback.

I've been having the same thing and as long as it is brown, not flowing
and I have no weird cramping, it is normal for me. I had it with DS too,
and next monday I see my midwife and will discuss it then.

However, if you feel unsure, you can always call a doctor and they
will check things out. With DS I ended up having an u/s to confirm
that all was OK (which it was).

--
-- I
mommy to DS (14m)

Old October 16th 03, 07:04 PM
JennP

"John & Sara" wrote in message
om...
I dont think its anything really. At 6 and 10 weeks I spotted brown
mucus too, and it was just old blood I was told. Unless if its red or
pink, then it is a worry. But call your doc just in case, and keep us
informed )

FWIW, this isn't true. This isn't really directed at you, but I get very
upset when I see that posted here all the time.

This isn't meant to scare the OP, but it's a reality. Both of my
miscarriages started with very trace amounts of brown spotting. I spotted
brown for *weeks* before any blood this last time. It is just not true that
you don't have to worry if it's not red or pink. I always heard that here
beore and when I discovered that I had miscarried I was absolutly *shocked*
because I didn't have any red or pink bleeding.

Hopefully in the OP's case it is nothing.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply