Child support...an obligation or a right or a privalege?

Old September 13th 08, 07:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default Child support...an obligation or a right or a privalege?

I do not understand what is wrong with people these days. We should
all lead by example. Do you want your children to follow your example?
I was 1 of 5 children. I was 6 years old when my parents got a
divorce. Not only did my father pay child support and spousal support
as per the divorce decree but he continued to pay this long after all
the children were grown, married and out of the house but he continued
to pay it to my mother until the day she died at age 71. You see, she
spent the best years of her life raising his children and he out of
his love for his children and respect for the woman that raised them
he felt like it was the least he could do to insure that we and her
had all that we needed to live a happy healthy life. So I'm sure your
thinking he was a rich man and could afford it and it was no sacrifice
for him but you're wrong. He didn't even own his own car. He did
nothing for himself and he lives a very conservative life. Why can't
more people be like him?

I'm married and my wife has a child from a previous marriage and the
child's father refuses to do anything to support this child. The only
reason she gets child support is because of an income deduction order
and prior to that he paid nothing. He owes over $10K in unpaid medical
bills. I support this child entirely. I right checks every week for
daycare and school lunches. I pay for her activities and buy her
clothes. I take her on vacation to the beach and Disney. I provide
entirely for this child and the child's father has the nerve to tell
me it's none of my business when I ask him to pay a medical bill. It's
my business when it's time to write a check but it's not my business
when it's time for him to write a check. What makes people think the
way they do?

Old September 13th 08, 08:11 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:40:45 -0400, wrote:

[...]

Sorry for the typo... Should read "I write checks" but I wrote "I
right checks" Not stupid...just a typo
Old September 15th 08, 12:33 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_4_]

wrote in

I'm married and my wife has a child from a previous marriage

What part of "for better ot worse" did you not get?

You took vows to look after this woman and any strings attached to her!