Snoring...help!

Old November 4th 04, 10:32 AM
Rebecca McGraw

Sarah Vaughan wrote:

I've been having the same problem, and I've been using a steroid nasal
spray twice daily, which DH tells me has improved matters at least
somewhat. I don't know whether they've actually been tested in
pregnancy, but it's the same stuff they use in preventative asthma
inhalers which _have_ been found in a large study to cause no apparent
increase in risk, so I figure I'm likely to be OK using it. And it's
worth it to have DH get some sleep - I'll need him to be as well-rested
as possible once the baby's here. ;-)

Not Albuterol, is it? That's what's in my inhaler, but I understand that
they're going to be hard to come by in the not-too-distant future. If
you don't mind to check and tell me what the drug is, I'd like to know.

DH finally took to using earplugs, night before last, with good results.
Thank goodness at least he's sleeping, because now *I* can't! I think
I'm getting a cold or something. Now my tossing and turning bothers him,
but he knows better than to complain

-Rebecca
One More Month!

Old November 4th 04, 12:51 PM
Zaz

DH and I decided to sleep in separate rooms for the remainder of my
pregnancy, when I was at about week 34.

There were other reasons than the snoring, esp. that I was getting up all
the time to go to the bathroom, making strange noises when I slept, and
making the bed creak whenever I moved. Snoring was one good reason though.
I don't snore much, and it normally wakes me up, but even when I don't, I
breathe very heavily.

DH tucks me in bed every night, and comes to cuddle me every morning when he
wakes up. He sleeps better, and so do I for not always fearing I'll wake
him up!

Isabelle

"Rebecca McGraw" wrote in message
My husband is about to go crazy, even though he knows it's perfectly
normal for 35.5-week-pregnant women to snore. However, I'm already using
two pillows, breathe-right strips, and saline nasal spray, and I'm
sleeping on my side...anyone have any ideas as to what else I can try? I
don't hear myself snore, of course.

Snnnnx,
Rebecca

Old November 4th 04, 05:39 PM
Kaybee

have you tried a humidifier? I sleep with one specially since we had to
turn on the heat. That cuts down on some of the snoring.

Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

Old November 4th 04, 11:15 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Rebecca McGraw
writes

Sarah Vaughan wrote:

I've been having the same problem, and I've been using a steroid
nasal spray twice daily, which DH tells me has improved matters at
least somewhat. I don't know whether they've actually been tested in
pregnancy, but it's the same stuff they use in preventative asthma
inhalers which _have_ been found in a large study to cause no apparent
increase in risk, so I figure I'm likely to be OK using it. And it's
worth it to have DH get some sleep - I'll need him to be as
well-rested as possible once the baby's here. ;-)

Not Albuterol, is it?

Nope - that's a bronchodilator, used to relieve asthma symptoms. The
steroid inhalers are preventative inhalers, which are taken on a regular
basis to (hopefully) prevent asthma symptoms from coming on. The same
stuff in nasal sprays reduces inflammation of the nasal linings and can
be helpful for chronic problems with blocked/runny nose (hay fever and
the like).

That's what's in my inhaler, but I understand that they're going to be
hard to come by in the not-too-distant future.

Really? If it's the stuff I'm thinking of (we know it as Salbutamol, I
believe) then this surprises me - it's a very standard asthma treatment.
What will you be using instead?

If you don't mind to check and tell me what the drug is, I'd like to
know.

The nasal spray I use has Beclometasone in it, but I would have thought
that Fluticasone or Budesonide would be just as effective (all of these
are also used in asthma inhalers, so I'm presuming that all of them were
looked at for pregnancy risk in the study I was thinking of.
Unfortunately, as I only have the abstract, I can't check this.)

DH finally took to using earplugs, night before last, with good
results. Thank goodness at least he's sleeping, because now *I* can't!
I think I'm getting a cold or something. Now my tossing and turning
bothers him, but he knows better than to complain

Glad the two of you found something that works - here's hoping your cold
clears up soon!

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley

Old November 5th 04, 01:30 AM
Kaybee

Sarah Vaughan wrote:

I've been having the same problem, and I've been using a steroid nasal
spray twice daily, which DH tells me has improved matters at least
somewhat. I don't know whether they've actually been tested in
pregnancy, but it's the same stuff they use in preventative asthma
inhalers which _have_ been found in a large study to cause no apparent
increase in risk, so I figure I'm likely to be OK using it. And it's
worth it to have DH get some sleep - I'll need him to be as well-rested
as possible once the baby's here. ;-)

Not Albuterol, is it? That's what's in my inhaler, but I understand that
they're going to be hard to come by in the not-too-distant future.

Man I hope not I take albuterol and it is cheaper then the other non steroid
inhaler out there.

If
you don't mind to check and tell me what the drug is, I'd like to know.

DH finally took to using earplugs, night before last, with good results.
Thank goodness at least he's sleeping, because now *I* can't! I think
I'm getting a cold or something. Now my tossing and turning bothers him,
but he knows better than to complain

That is good that he knows better then to complain. My hubby doesn't
complain about me moving around either. The one night he did get out of bed
and slept on the couch. I felt bad....when I asked him why he said he
couldn't sleep and fell asleep watching tv. Oh what a nice man trying not
to hurt my feelings.

Good luck
Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

-Rebecca
One More Month!

Old November 7th 04, 03:23 PM
Rebecca McGraw

Kaybee wrote:

"Rebecca McGraw" wrote in message

Not Albuterol, is it? That's what's in my inhaler, but I understand that
they're going to be hard to come by in the not-too-distant future.

Man I hope not I take albuterol and it is cheaper then the other non steroid
inhaler out there.

A friend of mine who has access to such information checked for me and
said that it was the propellant in the inhaler that was being
discontinued, not the Albuterol itself. Something about CFCs? I'm not
sure I understand all I know about that but I guess I had better go get
my inhaler prescription refilled soon. My asthma is mild to begin with
and has been better during pregnancy, so I've been dragging my feet
getting my refills.

-Rebecca

Old November 7th 04, 11:10 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Rebecca McGraw
writes
A friend of mine who has access to such information checked for me and
said that it was the propellant in the inhaler that was being
discontinued, not the Albuterol itself. Something about CFCs?

Aha - that's a lot more plausible. Certainly the UK has been trying to
move over to non-CFC inhalers, though I don't think we've discontinued
the CFC inhalers yet. I'd be very surprised indeed if albuterol was
being discontinued.

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley

FAO: Carol Ann Auntie Bubbles Pregnancy 14 April 12th 04 12:00 PM
Competing decibels Fer Pregnancy 7 April 2nd 04 12:48 PM
Drooling The Huwe Family Twins & Triplets 5 August 20th 03 04:18 AM