Back again, and worried

Old November 5th 04, 04:34 AM
Kara H

"Kelly" wrote:

You mean they don't belong under the underwear waistband

Hahahhaha! You could get away with just one multi-purpose undergarment
rather than 2 separate ones!

Kara, I really respect that you hang around here and made some decisions
based on your feelings for your family. You are a real asset here and I

am
sure at home as well.

Well thank you, Kelly. I will admit that it gets hard because there area
lot of expectations for me at home so the things I do are rarely noticed
since everyone just knows it will happen- I will make dinner, clean, grocery
shop, etc. However, I did live in the dorms for a little over a month (I
don't know if I posted about it here or not?) but it just didn't work out
and I am back at home. While it was a learning experience for me to realize
how much I need my family which I think I take for granted sometimes, I
think it went both ways and they have realized how much I did around the
house, etc. So things have been better. I don't need or want praise for
everything I just didn't like the feeling of never doing enough, IYKWIM.

Thanks again! I really enjoy hanging around here. Even though I can't always
post much, I am always "here" reading.

-Kara.

Old November 5th 04, 04:38 AM
Kara H

"Mamma Mia" wrote:

that is a lovely story, you should email that to your mum and save it for
your baby sister. especially for one day when she is driving you bananas
for some resaon!

Thank you, Christine! I think my mom knows how I feel- at least I hope she
does. I try my best to show it with the way I treat my sister and by helping
out. You are right though, might be nice to print for when she's driving me
nuts! Apparently she had a good one at school today. My sister who is 11 has
become a rising basketball star. Since the 4yo and 11o are the 2 youngest,
they are close- the 11yo is more of a best friend for my 4yo sister where as
my 14yo sister are more of motherly figures. So of course the 4yo has
decided she will be a good basketball player too and she practices and
whatnot. Well I guess they were in the gym at school and she was "hooping
baskets" (what she calls it) and she was teaching her teacher how to play.
Lol. She told the teacher "I know!! I will teach you how to play basketball
in the gym and you will teach me how to be smart in our classroom!!!"
Oh dear- something tells me my parents are going to be bald by the time she
makes it through her teens!!!

-Kara.

Old November 5th 04, 04:39 AM
Kara H

"Jamie Clark" wrote:

Aw, Kara, that is such a sweet post. You should print it out and put it

in
your sister's baby book. Maybe read it at her wedding. It's a wonderful
sentiment.

Thanks, Jamie! The thought of her getting married is scary. I think my
parents are hoping to survive through her highschool days! I have a gut
feeling she is going to be a bit crazy. My poor parents will be in their 60s
when she is in highschool.

I will save the post for the future. Thanks again!
-Kara.

Old November 7th 04, 10:44 PM
CY

Wow, what a cool way to get in here! You are going to be SO well prepared
when you become a mama yourself!
"Kara H" wrote in message
"CY" wrote:

I'd love to hear that story someday when you have time (if you want to
share!)

Well it is not as complex as I made it sound really- it's just sort

of,
well, interesting would have been a better word. What happened was when my
mom was pregnant with said baby, she had come to MKP to ask a question. I
didn't even know what a newsgroup was! At that point we only had one
computer and she had just used the computer and left MKP up. I started
reading it and was very interested. I had always thought I wanted to be a
doctor and if I was going to be a doctor, I would be an OB (don't worry-
from MKP I had created do's and don'ts sort of list but I have since
realized after a semester in college that medicine is not for me. However,
the interest I have for pregnancy/childbirth is still there so I will find

way to express that. Anyway, back to the story. I eventually realized I
could get to the newsgroup from the e-mail account and I started reading
daily. Eventually I started posting but I only posted to threads about
products and names, etc b/c I really couldn't give advice since I have not
been there. My parents didn't mind that I read MKP since it was an outlet
for my interests, but I just wasn't allowed to give out my age. I shared
private e-mails with lots of people though and made sure they knew just so
they didn't have false pretenses or anything like that and everyone was

okay
with that. I was careful not to try to be someone I wasn't. Around 16 or

17
I knew enough about usenet and how to read people and such on there that I
felt comfortable letting people know in the newsgroups. I hated feeling

like
I was hiding something but I really wasn't, you know? I would have gladly
told them in e-mails, I just was not allowed to say it over usenet. So
anyway, that was over 5 years ago and I'm still here. It has a lot to do
with sticking around for people who were here when I was first here and

then
someone else getting pregnant and then while you are waiting for them you
become involved and interested about all of the new people who have come

in
that time....you just CAN'T leave!!!!

Lol. So that's that. I hope it was worth the read.

-Kara.

Old November 8th 04, 03:05 AM
Kara H

"CY" wrote:

Wow, what a cool way to get in here! You are going to be SO well prepared
when you become a mama yourself!

Hopefully! I am keeping my fingers crossed that some of the mommies will
still be in here for one reason or another when I am pregnant! Lol!

-Kara.