Getting kicked in the ribs

Old November 4th 04, 10:29 PM
Wendy

Default Getting kicked in the ribs

OUCH! I have two little feet jammed into my ribs ALL the time! Sometimes
they are just 'pushed' up under my ribs on the left side and other times
it's WHAM! WHAM! right into my ribs as hard as she can kick. It can go
from an uncomfortable tickle to pain that has me nearly standing on my
head to get her to stop. Sometimes I give her feet a little push with my
hand to see if she'll stop, but to no avail. Mostly it's cute and
endearing and occasionally it's really awful.

I really laughed when I saw Tori's "rib dweller" reference to
Xavier.....I am going to start calling her "rib kicker", LOL!

Wendy

Old November 5th 04, 01:25 AM
Pip

LOL I remember being in a meeting with my MD and a senior member of staff
when I was in late pregnancy with my DD. She kicked me so hard in the ribs
that I leapt from my chair with a huge shout. of ARRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It
gave the others the fright of their life Rib kicks certainly can hurt
that's for sure.

Pip

Old November 5th 04, 02:25 PM
Tara

Oh, yes, those rib kicks can get uncomfortable! Sometimes I push down
with the palm of my hand and apply constant pressure against the kicks
until he gets in a better position.

Tara
Old November 7th 04, 11:22 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Wendy
writes
OUCH! I have two little feet jammed into my ribs ALL the time! Sometimes
they are just 'pushed' up under my ribs on the left side and other times
it's WHAM! WHAM! right into my ribs as hard as she can kick. It can go
from an uncomfortable tickle to pain that has me nearly standing on my
head to get her to stop. Sometimes I give her feet a little push with my
hand to see if she'll stop, but to no avail. Mostly it's cute and
endearing and occasionally it's really awful.

I read this after a night in which I lay awake for about two hours
because I couldn't get comfortable on my right side and the baby had
developed a sudden desire to kick me in the spleen whenever I lay on my
left, which was _really_ uncomfortable. Reading your post was one of
those "Oh, well, it could be worse" moments - at least he only does that
now and again!

All the best,

Sarah, the woman with footprints on her spleen

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley

Old November 8th 04, 03:41 AM
Wendy

Sarah, LOL, it would take a doctor to be so familiar with anatomy to
know she is getting kicked in the spleen! I really got a 'kick' out of
that! giggles

Wendy

sore ribs Leanne Pregnancy 10 December 25th 03 11:54 PM
update on sore ribs Leanne Pregnancy 2 December 24th 03 12:17 AM