HCG Slowly Rising

Old July 7th 06, 09:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sab75

Default HCG Slowly Rising

My hcg levels are slowly rising and it has me worried. I am currently 6
weeks and 6 days pregnant.
The first hcg blood test was on 6-28 (5 weeks 4 days pregnant) and the
level was 3120. The second draw was 6-30 (5 weeks 6 days pregnant) and it
only raised to 3748. A week later, on 7-6, I had another blood test and
it was only up to 5811.
Has anyone else had this happen to them that has had a successful
pregnancy?
I had an ultrasound on 6-29 (5 weeks 5 days pregnant) and there was a
heart beat of 124 beats per minute. Everything seemed to be developing
properly.
I also started having spotting and slight cramping on 6-26 and that
finally stopped on 7-3.

Old July 7th 06, 09:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

sab75 wrote:
My hcg levels are slowly rising and it has me worried. I am
currently 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant.
The first hcg blood test was on 6-28 (5 weeks 4 days pregnant) and the
level was 3120. The second draw was 6-30 (5 weeks 6 days pregnant)
and it only raised to 3748. A week later, on 7-6, I had another
blood test and it was only up to 5811.
Has anyone else had this happen to them that has had a successful
pregnancy?
I had an ultrasound on 6-29 (5 weeks 5 days pregnant) and there was a
heart beat of 124 beats per minute. Everything seemed to be
developing properly.
I also started having spotting and slight cramping on 6-26 and that
finally stopped on 7-3.

Since you've seen the heartbeat, I wouldn't worry too much. The standard
speil about the hcg levels doubling is only until it reaches about
1,500-3,000 I think, and since your first beta was WELL beyond that, I'd say
you are fine. When you really want it to double is back down in the double
and triple digits -- 50 to 100, 150 to 300, etc. And really, once you've
seen the heartbeat, it's pretty safe to say that all is well so far. I've
had 8 pregnancies that all never quite reached the heartbeat, so in my book,
you're doing great!

Also, but depending on how you conceived, it's possible that there was a
twin that vanished. If you had IVF or IUI, it's possible that more than one
egg fertilized and started sending out HCG, but then failed, so it would
skew the numbers funny.

Congrats!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old July 7th 06, 10:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

My hcg levels are slowly rising and it has me worried. I am currently 6
weeks and 6 days pregnant.
The first hcg blood test was on 6-28 (5 weeks 4 days pregnant) and the
level was 3120. The second draw was 6-30 (5 weeks 6 days pregnant) and it
only raised to 3748. A week later, on 7-6, I had another blood test and
it was only up to 5811.
Has anyone else had this happen to them that has had a successful
pregnancy?
I had an ultrasound on 6-29 (5 weeks 5 days pregnant) and there was a
heart beat of 124 beats per minute. Everything seemed to be developing
properly.
I also started having spotting and slight cramping on 6-26 and that
finally stopped on 7-3.

hmm, is there any particular reasons why you are having these tests?

the fact you have seen a heartbeat is a very good thing, I would think that
is stronger evidence of a sucessful pregnancy the hcg levels that aren't
climbing quite as fast as normal. I wish I could remember the stat for the
chances of miscarriage once a heartrate is seen, overall 1 in 5 or possibly
even 1 in 4 miscarries, but once a heart rate is seen I think it pluments to
1 in 100.

Cheers

Anne

Old July 7th 06, 11:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sab75

I hate to sound stupid, but what is IVF and IUI?

The reason for all the tests is because I am currently going to a midwife
and the first time she seen me I thought I was 7 weeks pregnant. They
sent me for the ultrasound and it only showed 5 wks 5 days, but I could be
off on my dates.
In the most uncaring way, she kept telling me how I was probably having a
miscarriage and they was really expecting the Hcg levels to decrease.

I am really worried about the baby not developing right because of these
levels and that something may be wrong with the development. I don't know
if I should be worried.
I am changing doctors but don't go until next week and this is driving me
crazy!

Old July 7th 06, 11:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

sab75 wrote:
I hate to sound stupid, but what is IVF and IUI?

If you don't know what they are, you didn't have them...LOL. IVF and IUI
are medical assisted ways to achieve pregnancy. Clearly you conceived on
your own. Congrats for that.

The reason for all the tests is because I am currently going to a
midwife and the first time she seen me I thought I was 7 weeks
pregnant. They sent me for the ultrasound and it only showed 5 wks 5
days, but I could be off on my dates.
In the most uncaring way, she kept telling me how I was probably
having a miscarriage and they was really expecting the Hcg levels to
decrease.

I am really worried about the baby not developing right because of
these levels and that something may be wrong with the development. I
don't know if I should be worried.
I am changing doctors but don't go until next week and this is
driving me crazy!

I'm sorry your midwife wasn't more optimisitic. I can understand though, if
you were sure of your dates, and swore you were 7 weeks along, and the fetus
only measured 5w5d, then I'd be pretty pessimistic as well. The real issue
is if you know when you ovulated and conceived. Not just when your last
period was, but how long are your cycles, and if you know the exact date of
ovulation. If you have longer than average cycles, and don't know exactly
when you ovulated, you probably were closer to 5-6 weeks when you saw the
midwife, rather than 7-8.

It sounds like you just had your dates off, but other than that, everything
is progressing normally.

Old July 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

The reason for all the tests is because I am currently going to a midwife
and the first time she seen me I thought I was 7 weeks pregnant. They
sent me for the ultrasound and it only showed 5 wks 5 days, but I could be
off on my dates.
In the most uncaring way, she kept telling me how I was probably having a
miscarriage and they was really expecting the Hcg levels to decrease.

honestly, don't worry, I've no idea why your midwife sent you for these
tests, most people just let their doctor know in the early days and don't
see anyone until 8 or even 12 weeks, it sounds like you had a totally normal
conception, you saw the blue line and then your carer is doing abnormal
things that are makeing you worry, what happened to me is a got pregnant, I
went to see my GP to tell him, he gave me a whole load of forms and what not
and I saw a midwife about 9 weeks for a booking in where she took blood
pressure, recorded history that kind of thing. Testing HCG is usually only
done if there is some kind of concern, usually associated with fertitlity
treatment, or if there is a confusion as to whether you are pregnant or not,
like you are late, but the urine test doesn't show as pregnant. HCG testing
is not a normal part of pregnancy, plus like Jamie said all sorts of things
can throw it off, like if you originally conceived twins (some estimates say
1in5 pregnancies start as twins) but one didn't implant or didn't develop
etc. It's something that gives helpful results if it's needed and gives
totally unhelpful results if it's not needed.

Anne