Snoring...help!

Old November 1st 04, 01:08 PM
Rebecca McGraw

Default Snoring...help!

My husband is about to go crazy, even though he knows it's perfectly
normal for 35.5-week-pregnant women to snore. However, I'm already using
two pillows, breathe-right strips, and saline nasal spray, and I'm
sleeping on my side...anyone have any ideas as to what else I can try? I
don't hear myself snore, of course.

Snnnnx,
Rebecca

Old November 1st 04, 02:13 PM
Leslie

My husband snores but he always stops if a smakc him and make him turn on his
side . . . one thing I know is that with him the tireder he is the worse he
snores, so maybe if you napped more? Hang in there, Rebecca--it won't be much
longer and then your husband will have a baby crying at night instead! eg

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old November 1st 04, 05:39 PM
Welches

"Rebecca McGraw" wrote in message
My husband is about to go crazy, even though he knows it's perfectly
normal for 35.5-week-pregnant women to snore. However, I'm already using
two pillows, breathe-right strips, and saline nasal spray, and I'm
sleeping on my side...anyone have any ideas as to what else I can try? I
don't hear myself snore, of course.

Snnnnx,
Rebecca

Tell him at least you'll stop snoring once baby is out-he can surely live
with 5 (ish) more weeks. Point out that he's lucky you don't usually snore.
I'll tell you there's something very irritating about dh snoring when I'm
feeding-as if he#s saying-"hey I'mm asleep...!"
Of course once baby's out he may be disturbed by them anyway!
(Maybe you or he could move rooms for 5 weeks?)
Debbie

Old November 2nd 04, 12:42 AM
Rebecca McGraw

I was afraid that was the only answer. Too bad we don't have a spare
room (gave it up for the baby). Well, as others said, only 5ish weeks to go!
-Rebecca

Old November 3rd 04, 12:32 AM
Cathy

Rebecca McGraw wrote:
My husband is about to go crazy, even though he knows it's perfectly
normal for 35.5-week-pregnant women to snore. However, I'm already
using two pillows, breathe-right strips, and saline nasal spray, and
I'm sleeping on my side...anyone have any ideas as to what else I can
try? I don't hear myself snore, of course.

Snnnnx,
Rebecca

Earplugs for your DH! My DH snores a bit, and when I am pregnant I seem to
sleep very lightly, so I get really annoyed (to the point of having him
sleep in another room for a few nights when it really got to me). But now I
use those little foam earplugs, and all is well (and weirdly, I can still
hear DD if she cries, and she is in another room).

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04

Old November 3rd 04, 12:47 AM
Rebecca McGraw

Leslie wrote:
My husband snores but he always stops if a smakc him and make him turn on his
side . . . one thing I know is that with him the tireder he is the worse he
snores, so maybe if you napped more? Hang in there, Rebecca--it won't be much
longer and then your husband will have a baby crying at night instead! eg

He knows it's not my fault, at least
The problem is I'm already on my side! And last night I slept hardly any
at all anyway and was soooo tired this morning, went and stood on line
for 1.5 hours to vote before work and was so wiped out after that, I
called in and went home and went back to bed for 2 more hours. At least
when I nap alone there's no one to complain and my alleged snoring
certainly doesn't bother *me*. I am so going to bed early
tonight...unless I become glued to election returns. There's a few local
races I'm watching, like a really slow horserace.

Good news is my replacement at work started yesterday, and is proving to
be a quick study, so if I can get her good and trained by this Friday I
can maybe cut back on my hours sooner. It's not so much the 8-hr
workday, it's the 45-minute drive (each way) to and from which is really
wearing me out. I'm worried that I'm really too tired to be on the
interstate at rush hour twice a day. If I cut back my hours and don't
have to travel at rush hour, the 45 minutes suddenly becomes more like
25 minutes, which sucks a lot less.

Ah yes, just one month (more or less) more!! I am soooooo looking
forward to having this baby!

-Rebecca
EDD Dec. 2, 2004

Old November 3rd 04, 12:50 AM
Rebecca McGraw

Cathy wrote:

Earplugs for your DH! My DH snores a bit, and when I am pregnant I seem to
sleep very lightly, so I get really annoyed (to the point of having him
sleep in another room for a few nights when it really got to me). But now I
use those little foam earplugs, and all is well (and weirdly, I can still
hear DD if she cries, and she is in another room).

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04

I offered him earplugs last night and he turned me down. We'll see how
long that lasts, though.

How are you doing? We're due just about the same time, holding up well?
I'm into the 4-week impatient countdown.

-Rebecca

Old November 3rd 04, 01:44 AM
Leslie

Rebecca said:

He knows it's not my fault, at least
The problem is I'm already on my side! And last night I slept hardly any
at all anyway and was soooo tired this morning, went and stood on line
for 1.5 hours to vote before work and was so wiped out after that, I
called in and went home and went back to bed for 2 more hours.

Yeah, being that tired is not helping matters any, and it's not going to get
any better at this point. :-(

At least
when I nap alone there's no one to complain and my alleged snoring
certainly doesn't bother *me*.

"Alleged" snoring LOL--my husband never believes me when I tell him he is
snoring, even though you can hear him all over the house!

I am so going to bed early
tonight...unless I become glued to election returns. There's a few local
races I'm watching, like a really slow horserace.

I expect to be up late watching myself. It's probably the only time I will
ever wish I had a t.v. in the bedroom!

Good news is my replacement at work started yesterday, and is proving to
be a quick study, so if I can get her good and trained by this Friday I
can maybe cut back on my hours sooner. It's not so much the 8-hr
workday, it's the 45-minute drive (each way) to and from which is really
wearing me out. I'm worried that I'm really too tired to be on the
interstate at rush hour twice a day. If I cut back my hours and don't
have to travel at rush hour, the 45 minutes suddenly becomes more like
25 minutes, which sucks a lot less.

I really feel for you. Although I worked full time with my first baby, I can't
imagine how I did it and I certainly couldn't manage it now.

Ah yes, just one month (more or less) more!! I am soooooo looking
forward to having this baby!

Can you believe it is coming up so soon?

Old November 3rd 04, 10:26 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Rebecca McGraw
writes
My husband is about to go crazy, even though he knows it's perfectly
normal for 35.5-week-pregnant women to snore. However, I'm already
using two pillows, breathe-right strips, and saline nasal spray, and
I'm sleeping on my side...anyone have any ideas as to what else I can
try? I don't hear myself snore, of course.

I've been having the same problem, and I've been using a steroid nasal
spray twice daily, which DH tells me has improved matters at least
somewhat. I don't know whether they've actually been tested in
pregnancy, but it's the same stuff they use in preventative asthma
inhalers which _have_ been found in a large study to cause no apparent
increase in risk, so I figure I'm likely to be OK using it. And it's
worth it to have DH get some sleep - I'll need him to be as well-rested
as possible once the baby's here. ;-)

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley

FAO: Carol Ann Auntie Bubbles Pregnancy 14 April 12th 04 12:00 PM
Competing decibels Fer Pregnancy 7 April 2nd 04 12:48 PM
Drooling The Huwe Family Twins & Triplets 5 August 20th 03 04:18 AM