51 deaths ADHD drugs ...

Old February 15th 06, 06:18 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.attn-deficit

Default 51 deaths ADHD drugs ...

Skeptic wrote:

The articles begs the question... what is the incidence of sudden,
unexplained death in the general population, not taking any medications.

Yep, that is what I wondered when I read it.
Old February 15th 06, 08:59 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.attn-deficit

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

"Skeptic" wrote in message

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

"Bob Kaplow" wrote in message
news In article , Mark Probert
writes:
Damn, Bob, stop making sense.

Sorry about that.

APAP has one of the narrowest windows between "therapeutic" and
"toxic"
of all medications. Several years ago, while I was in ICU after having
aspirated during a test, there was a girl in who was on life support
after ODing on APAP.

About a year ago I hurt my arm, and my doctor had me taking triple
Ibuprofen
3-4 times a day. The normal does is 1. He mentioned that at its normal
dose
tylenol is one of the safest products on the market, but at elevated
doses
it's deadly. In all his years of practice, he's never had someone OD on
pain
killers, or anything else. Except Tylenol.

Of course if Asperin were developed today, it would NEVER get FDA
approval,
even under prescription.

Ibuprofen, on the other hand is safe even at relatively high doses. But
ask
your doctor first.

Please find ONE ER that thinks Ibuprofen is safer than acetaminophen.

acetaminophen overdoses are more dangerous than ibuprofen overdoses due
their respective routes of metabolism.

Tell that to 99.99% of the hospitals.

Oh, yes, don't bother telling me it's those big bad Pharms and masters
from outer space forcing them to use acetaminophen rather than any
alternative.
Like I said find one E.R. (Oh damn, I forget that you don't know what an
E.R. is.)

I don't know what point you're trying to make. Tylenol is a very good,
safe, and effective medication. The fact that you can overdose on it
doesn't mean it shouldn't be used. You can overdose on water.

Old February 15th 06, 09:01 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.attn-deficit

"vernon" wrote in message
ng.com...

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
"vernon" wrote:

"Skeptic" wrote in message
> [...]

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

writes:
[...]

Westmead, near my place.

What is their first choice for pain relief?

Should depend on the pain. If you just had a pelvic crush injury, I don't
think tylenol will be of much value.

Old February 15th 06, 10:03 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.attn-deficit

Emma Anne wrote:
Skeptic wrote:

The articles begs the question... what is the incidence of sudden,
unexplained death in the general population, not taking any medications.

Yep, that is what I wondered when I read it.

And what I could not find when I looked.

Without that fact, the article is meaningless.

Old February 15th 06, 11:52 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.attn-deficit

"vernon" wrote:

"Skeptic" wrote in message
> [...]

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

writes:
[...]

Get real. Pretend you can follow a thread. Yes, sometimes pain relief is
to put the patient in a comma.

Old February 15th 06, 11:55 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.attn-deficit

"Skeptic" wrote in message

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

"Skeptic" wrote in message
> [...]

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

writes:
[...]

The statements were made
1. All pain relievers are alike
2. Tylenol is the most dangerous.
3. The first choice is Ibuprofen.

Yes, one can and many people do overdose on water.

Old February 16th 06, 12:26 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.attn-deficit

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

"Skeptic" wrote in message
> [...]

"vernon" wrote in message
ng.com...

What is their first choice for pain relief?

Should depend on the pain. If you just had a pelvic crush injury, I
don't think tylenol will be of much value.

Get real. Pretend you can follow a thread. Yes, sometimes pain relief is
to put the patient in a comma.

Better to put them in a comma than leave them in an exclamation mark.
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old February 16th 06, 03:33 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.attn-deficit

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

"vernon" wrote:

"Skeptic" wrote in message
> [...]

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

writes:
[...]

How does one get put in comma? Can you be put in a period, too?

Your question was too simpleton-esque to answer. Though I am not an ER
physician, I see my share of ER patients by way of consult. My
recommendations for pain management vary widely based on the presenting
symptoms. While you may think it a simple question it is not always so.
Maybe you refine your question so it's not so broad it may then take on some
actual meaning.

Old February 16th 06, 03:37 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.attn-deficit

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

"Skeptic" wrote in message
> [...]

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

"Skeptic" wrote in message
> [...]

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

writes:
[...]

Then let me correct those statements. Not all pain relievers are alike.
Tylenol is dangerous if overdosed but is still a very safe and effective
medication for many types of pain. The first choice of pain medication
varies based on personal preference and the particular medical situation.

There... all better.

Old February 16th 06, 04:26 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.attn-deficit

"Skeptic" wrote in message

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

"vernon" wrote:

"Skeptic" wrote in message
> [...]

"vernon" wrote in message
g.com...

writes:
[...]

Comparing large doses of cocaine VS. aspirin are we?? Interesting.