Target's Baby Section

Old July 12th 04, 08:04 PM
Ted

Default Target's Baby Section

Hi All-

My wife and I are about to register for our baby shower and are trying
to pick out stores. Where have you all had the best of luck? One of
my frinds works at Target and he says they have a baby section in the
store. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with Target?

Thanks!
Ted
Old July 12th 04, 08:18 PM
Shelly

"Ted" wrote in message
om...
Hi All-

My wife and I are about to register for our baby shower and are trying
to pick out stores. Where have you all had the best of luck? One of
my frinds works at Target and he says they have a baby section in the
store. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with Target?

Thanks!
Ted

Target has a decent baby section, but I have noticed that their return
policy has gotten much worse recently. As I understand it, you can now only
return up to 3 items a year without a reciept...they may overlook this
policy if you have your registry with them, but I'd be careful. I got tons
of stuff from Target (even though I did not register with them) without
receipts, and had a hard time returning some of the items.

I had an easier time returning items at Toys R Us, and was happy with their
selection. I also registered with a couple stores online, but found that no
one used those registries. My family, at least, prefered going to a brick
and mortar store.

-Michelle

Old July 12th 04, 10:06 PM
Cherie

"Shelly" wrote in message

"Ted" wrote in message
[...]

I have to agree that Target's return policy has become more strict in the
past few years. I would check out their return policy for baby registry
before I registered there, maybe its different. OTOH Target does have a
decent baby section and the prices are reasonable. Also its a good place to
register if not everyone you know lives near a babies r us. However I still
think of the baby store chains Babies R Us is your best bet.

--
Cherie
mom to Jakob (23 months)

Old July 12th 04, 10:08 PM
M Wayne

I agree on Target's return policy - it's not so great anymore, especially
when you don't have a receipt, which I did not for many of the items I
received at my shower. I found Babies R Us' return policy and selection to
be much better. That's where I registered, as well as a few items at
Babystyle.com.

--
Melissa
Baby Harry due 7/27/04

Old July 13th 04, 02:20 AM
Not My Real Name

"Ted" wrote in message
om...
Hi All-

My wife and I are about to register for our baby shower and are trying
to pick out stores. Where have you all had the best of luck? One of
my frinds works at Target and he says they have a baby section in the
store. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with Target?

I didn't register there, but I have purchased some things there and have
been pleased with the quality. One thing to note about registering at
Target is that their selection seems to vary by store, and it's different
from what's online. A good friend of mine registered at Target for her baby
shower, but the bedding set she picked (with several matching components)
was not available at my Target (2 hours from my friend) or at another Target
(3 hours from my friend), nor was it available online. Their return policy
is also much stricter than other places; you must have a receipt to return
things. If you have Toys R Us or Babies R Us nearby, I would choose one of
them instead. You can register at one and your guests can shop at the
other, but BRU's selection is bigger than TRU's. Both have a bigger
selection than any of the Targets I've been in though. BRU/TRU have a great
return policy -- they'll take anything they carry, even without a receipt
(they gave me store credit) and even if it wasn't purchased at BRU/TRU.

--
-Sara
Mommy to DD, 28 months

Old July 13th 04, 02:23 AM
Rob and Jami

I had a HORRIBLE time w/target. I was registered there and registered for
one swing, and recieved two of the same.. it even said "2 recieved" when you
looked up the registry and they would not let me even exchange it for a pack
and play that was the same exact price! If you recieve and item over $100,
you cant return it or exchange it w/out a reciept. Atleast they wouldn't
let me.. that was July 2001. Luckly my cousin purchased it on a credit card
so they could look it up that way.. but I still felt bad having to ask her..
I havent been to target since.

Jami

Old July 13th 04, 04:32 AM
Auntie Bubbles

"Shelly" wrote in message

"Ted" wrote in message
[...]

Now, I had a different experience at Target. I was registered there, and I
had a LOT of stuff to return, and not being too organized, I wasn't sure
what was purchased where. Target, since I was registered there, took back
every item they carried, even though it may not have been bought there,
without a receipt, and gave me a gift card for the amount. The customer
service person told me it was a good thing I was registered, because
otherwise I would have had to exchange everything outright. I was really
impressed. I also got the same service from Sears and Wal-mart.

Cheers,
Alexis
Mom to Michael Mose
04/25/04

Old July 13th 04, 06:10 AM
Melody

"Shelly" wrote in message
Target has a decent baby section, but I have noticed that their return
policy has gotten much worse recently. As I understand it, you can now

only
return up to 3 items a year without a reciept...they may overlook this
policy if you have your registry with them, but I'd be careful. I got tons
of stuff from Target (even though I did not register with them) without
receipts, and had a hard time returning some of the items.

Thank the shoplifters! I'm sure it's at least a little different with
registry items but Target does offer "Gift Reciepts" every time you purchase
something... Might be a good idea to mention that to gift buyers...

Old July 13th 04, 01:40 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Shelly wrote:
*
*Target has a decent baby section, but I have noticed that their return
*policy has gotten much worse recently. As I understand it, you can now only
*return up to 3 items a year without a reciept...they may overlook this
*policy if you have your registry with them, but I'd be careful. I got tons

Target's return policy is this:

--start--
Return Policy: Target Stores

A receipt dated within 90 days is required for all returns and exchanges.

All returns and exchanges must be new, unused and contain all original
packaging and accessories. Some items cannot be returned if opened,
including music, movies, video games, software and collectibles. Some
items are subject to a 15% restocking fee, including camcorders, digital
cameras, portable DVD and portable electronics. Other restrictions may
apply.

Holiday and Seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of the return
will be refunded at the current clearance price.Â* Any purchase made by
check may be refunded as a merchandise voucher.

All other returns or exchanges — including those without receipt —
will be offered manufacturers' warranty and repair assistance at
1-800-303-0308.

Don’t have your receipt?

In most instances, Target stores can verify purchases made within the last
90 days on a store account, third- party charge account, check or GiftCard
using our unique Receipt Look up system.
--end--

My understanding is they do not have to take any return of any kind
without a receipt, but they usually do - they scan the item, and they can
see if it was purchased within 90 days. It's pretty cool. It's never
failed me, but if it did I'd just chalk it up to a life lesson I guess.