What about circumcision and pain relief for baby

Old December 12th 03, 04:28 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default What about circumcision and pain relief for baby

In ,
CBI wrote:

*Frankly, I am stunned that the insurance industry hasn't tried to deny
*payment for it on the grounds that it is cosmetic and not medically
*necessary. That is why the rates plummetted in England. If the parents

They absolutely should deny payment for it. How odd that they don't!
Unless, of course, it is medically indicated. It never even crossed my
MIND to apply for insurance coverage for my son's circumcision. We paid
the mohel in cash

Old December 12th 03, 04:37 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Kari wrote:

*
* Anti-Circumcision Nazis
* say in here (I guess I could have just said people) about it being torture
* and traumatizing you know yada, yada, yada.
*
*I guess that would be me! Lol. Let me ask you if you have EVER seen a baby
*being circumsized..because it really does look like torture. I personally
*can't stand to see my child in pain. If you could stand there and watch
*someone do that to your baby, then wow, that's all I have to say.

I suppose if you watch someone incompetent do it, it looks awful. I have
seen a good number of them done an frankly, it's never really looked so
terrible. Generally the baby gives a good shout/cry when the men hold him
down, then the procedure occurs and mom nurses the baby and all is right
with the world as far as an onlooker can see. That's not to say that tears
didn't well up in my eyes when my son started to cry when my father and
FIL started holding him down - but honestly, he didn't cry during or
after, which was more important to me. Generally speaking the babies are
back to normal realy fast.

Old December 12th 03, 04:45 PM
Marciosos3 Probertiosos3

"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
In ,
CBI wrote:

*Frankly, I am stunned that the insurance industry hasn't tried to deny
*payment for it on the grounds that it is cosmetic and not medically
*necessary. That is why the rates plummetted in England. If the parents

They absolutely should deny payment for it. How odd that they don't!
Unless, of course, it is medically indicated. It never even crossed my
MIND to apply for insurance coverage for my son's circumcision. We paid
the mohel in cash

Was that Shakee, the nearSighted Mohel,,,,1-800-CUTSHORT?

Old December 12th 03, 04:56 PM
Kari

I suppose if you watch someone incompetent do it, it looks awful. I have
seen a good number of them done an frankly, it's never really looked so
terrible. Generally the baby gives a good shout/cry when the men hold him
down, then the procedure occurs and mom nurses the baby and all is right
with the world as far as an onlooker can see. That's not to say that tears
didn't well up in my eyes when my son started to cry when my father and
FIL started holding him down - but honestly, he didn't cry during or
after, which was more important to me. Generally speaking the babies are
back to normal realy fast.

Ah ok, well Im sure it doesn't look *as bad* under religious circumstances.
I've never witnessed one but have seen them done in the hospital. Just the
sight of the circumstraint board is pretty frightening - to me at least -
the way they strap their bodies down. Seems inhumane almost.

I duuno, maybe it's just me.

Kari

Old December 12th 03, 05:00 PM
Fer

--

"CBI" wrote in message
link.net...

"0tterbot" wrote in message

between the two generations, the cultural balance tipped towards leaving

it
alone without any brouhaha. at some point, medical recommendations

changed
and people were free to go with their gut feeling to not have this

surgery
on their little boys. when my brother was born, they were whacking them

off
the newborns in hospital. once this pre-arrangement ceased to exist, &
parents had to go looking for a dr who would do it, the procedure as a
cultural practice had to, of necessity, come to an end because frankly

it
goes against many people's grain to actively seek out a dr to cause

their
baby pain when there is no demonstrable benefit.

A similar thing happened in England. It was as popular as in the US and

then
the national health service stopped paying for it and the rates

plummetted.
Chances are something similar will eventually happen in the US
snipped

That makes me curious about up here in Canada. I know that the health care
system stopped paying for it shortly after my son was born in 92, anyone
know of the percentages of circs done then vs now in Canada?

Jenn
-WAHM
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellybean due June 25/04

Old December 12th 03, 05:07 PM
Fer

"Kari" wrote in message

Anti-Circumcision Nazis
say in here (I guess I could have just said people) about it being

torture
and traumatizing you know yada, yada, yada.

I guess that would be me! Lol. Let me ask you if you have EVER seen a baby
being circumsized..because it really does look like torture. I personally
can't stand to see my child in pain. If you could stand there and watch
someone do that to your baby, then wow, that's all I have to say.

And my DH went on to tell them that I find the strangest people
online. LOL........

Ok, I guess Im strange now too LOL!!! And men who want to restore are

weird?
That's harsh dont you think?

Do you realize that the US is the ONLY country who still circumsizes baby
boys for non-religious reasons?

You surely must mean that the US is the ONLY country that has insurance that
still pays for it?
--

Jenn
-WAHM

Old December 12th 03, 05:10 PM
Kari

?

You surely must mean that the US is the ONLY country that has insurance

that
still pays for it?
--

Im sorry, I should have been more clear but yes, Im pretty confident we are
the only country that still does it routinely, with insurance coverage.

Kari

Old December 12th 03, 05:11 PM
Fer

"Shena Delian O'Brien" wrote in message
Carol Ann wrote:

I don't see how you could ask such a silly question. I would want my

child
to be as attractive and "normal" as possible. I have not met one woman
personally who found an uncircumsized penis attractive. On the

contrary,
they found it a turn off.

I find scar tissue a turn off, and I haven't seen one circ'd penis that
didn't have some scar tissue.

Hmmm not me, the penises I've seen have been free of scar tissue

Having said that, perhaps a better reason for me to use for having the
procedure done would be to prevent chronic urethral infections. Without
high hygiene maintenance this is a common occurrence.

While I would definitely term my DH high maintenance (lol) his penis is
not. He has never had a urethral or urinary infection in his entire life.

Well then I guess the men I have come across and my friends SO must be VERY
VERY dirty men because the BIGGEST complaint I have heard is that they just
are NOT clean enough...?
--

Jenn
-WAHM

Old December 12th 03, 05:26 PM
Laura E. Brooks

How about infant girls with pierced ears? Quite a few seem to think
that is attractive.

I don't find that attractive. It upsets me to see it. I think people

should
get to make their own decisions about body modification.

I do agree, but... my daughter is 8, going on 9, and many of her friends are
getting their ears pierced. She wants to, too, but so far, she's too
afraid. The other day, she said to me "WHY couldn't you have had this done
for me when I was a BABY!" LOL, you just can't win.

Laura

Old December 12th 03, 05:43 PM
Daye

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 02:34:31 GMT, "CBI" wrote:

Not only do they remember them (in the short term - like until the next
visit) but they also often remember that it was the the assistant that gave
them and not the doc.

In my DD's case, it was the doctor that gave her the injections.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan