Youngest Mother to Give Birth: 5 Years Old

Old December 7th 04, 09:00 PM
Carol Ann

Default Youngest Mother to Give Birth: 5 Years Old

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Shocking!

~Carol Ann

Old December 7th 04, 10:44 PM
Katie

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:00:17 GMT, "Carol Ann"
wrote:

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Shocking!

~Carol Ann

I saw that a while ago and couldn't believe it! I love snopes.com for
stuff like that.

Katie
Old December 7th 04, 11:19 PM
Anne Rogers

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Shocking!

sad not shocking, it is very unlikely that whatever sexual relationship she
had was consentual, sadly it's not rare for children that age to be abused,
but it is very rare to have such premature development such that they would
get pregnant

Old December 7th 04, 11:42 PM
Jenrose

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Shocking!

sad not shocking, it is very unlikely that whatever sexual relationship
she had was consentual,

Read that "impossible" for a 5-year-old to consent to sex as most people
would define "consent".

Jenrose

Old December 8th 04, 12:00 AM
Unadulterated Me

Carol Ann wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Shocking!

More shocking is the ******* who slept with her, I hope they castrated him.

Andrea
Old December 8th 04, 12:05 AM
Donna Metler

"Jenrose" wrote in message
news:1102460184.13d94d49ff1f10ea01609f1c4225de48@t eranews...

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Shocking!

sad not shocking, it is very unlikely that whatever sexual relationship
she had was consentual,

Read that "impossible" for a 5-year-old to consent to sex as most people
would define "consent".

I had a 5th grade student who was pregnant at the same time I was the first
time I was pregnant. Apparently older sister's boyfriend decided to show the
younger girl the ropes, so to speak.

Any sign of sexual activity in an elementary age child is automatically
considered abusive. In this case, legally the school couldn't inform the
girl's mother when she came to school and told us she was pregnant ("My
sister got a test for me, and I'm going to have a baby too!"-not what you
want to hear on breakfast duty!), but were required to report to DCS.

And while she was able to go through the pregnancy, psychologically she had
a lot of side effects from it, especially since she ended up with an
emergency C-section after a difficult labor. She ended up first in an
emergency psychiatric placement, then in a theraputic foster placement, and
unfortunately, while she was not able to care for the baby, legally the baby
couldn't be placed in an adoptive situation (which is what the girl's mother
wanted, since she felt she needed to take care of the girl, not the baby)
without going through major legal proceedings to sever her rights, since she
wasn't competent emotionally to give the baby up.

And this was a child twice as old as a 5 year old. I can't imagine it.

Jenrose

Old December 8th 04, 02:50 AM
Christina

"Donna Metler" wrote

I had a 5th grade student who was pregnant at the same time I

was the first
time I was pregnant. Apparently older sister's boyfriend

decided to show the
younger girl the ropes, so to speak.

Unbelievable. Talk about babies having babies.

Was he ever charged with anything?

Christina
mom to DS, three,
and edd late April 05

Old December 8th 04, 02:51 AM
badgirl

"Unadulterated Me" wrote in message
Carol Ann wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Shocking!

More shocking is the ******* who slept with her, I hope they castrated
him.

Andrea

im sure they would have had they found him

jen

Old December 8th 04, 07:33 AM
Jenrose

"Donna Metler" wrote in message
.. .

"Jenrose" wrote in message
news:1102460184.13d94d49ff1f10ea01609f1c4225de48@t eranews...

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

Shocking!

sad not shocking, it is very unlikely that whatever sexual relationship
she had was consentual,

Read that "impossible" for a 5-year-old to consent to sex as most people
would define "consent".

I had a 5th grade student who was pregnant at the same time I was the
first
time I was pregnant. Apparently older sister's boyfriend decided to show
the
younger girl the ropes, so to speak.

Ugh. I have an 11-year-old daughter. Who, thank god, still thinks *kissing*
is gross and is surrounded by protective adults. I've been the unprotected
child--and it is just crazy-making to think about it.

Jenrose

Old December 8th 04, 08:13 PM

And while she was able to go through the pregnancy, psychologically
she had
a lot of side effects from it, especially since she ended up with an
emergency C-section after a difficult labor. She ended up first in an
emergency psychiatric placement, then in a theraputic foster

placement, and
unfortunately, while she was not able to care for the baby, legally

the baby
couldn't be placed in an adoptive situation (which is what the girl's

mother
wanted, since she felt she needed to take care of the girl, not the

baby)
without going through major legal proceedings to sever her rights,

since she
wasn't competent emotionally to give the baby up.

Sounds worse than the 5 year old since the girl developed all the
psychological problems.
What made them decide to give her emergency psychiatric placement? I
can't imagine taking her away from her mom at a time like that.

KC