Man shoots at noisy teenagers, killing one

Old February 23rd 04, 07:29 AM
jaybird

Default Man shoots at noisy teenagers, killing one

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
jaybird wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message

No kidding. I'd have knocked him smooth out if he had talked back

to me
like that. That's what I'd have gotten at that age.

jaybird
--------------
You would have gotten your face smashed and your ass kicked, and
that's what you'd get nowadays if you tried it. Kids don't put up
with that **** anymore, they beat the crap out of you or burn your
house down. Good ****ing riddance to **** like you!
Steve

Views like that are why so many kids grow up to be turds.

-----------------
Nope, your sort cause that. You have a simplistic view of people,
especially kids only a few years younger than YOU surely are.
These are full-grown adults who can kill you. Be nice or be dead.

It may seem simplistic to you, but it results in well behaved kids for me.

It's true that if
kids grow up thinking they can get away with doing whatever they want
including talking back like these kids did, then you have a point.

------------------
The point is cause and effect. Torture a child, make a monster.
If you beat a kid, he will either beat you until you are humiliated,
or he will destroy society as hard as he can and destroy his own
children. Monsters are CAUSED by abuse, abuse is NOT the remedy.

I agree. Beating, torturing, and abusing children does cause long term
damage. However, discipline is an essential element to the growth of a
child.

Kids put up with what you tell them they will put up with; that's
why they're kids and the adults are parents.
jaybird

--------------------
You're an idiot simpleton and you have no kids, we can tell.
I'm 54 with two kids now in their late twenties and early thirties.

Congratulations.

Kids will punish you and destroy your life ten-fold over anything
you do to them that is cruel or ignores their rights and their
requirement that you respect them as equals. It's like trying to
catch a hand grenade and paint it while it's exploding. It will
expand every crime against it into your worst nightmare.

Cruelty has no place in raising a child. Allowing them to do whatever they
want whenever they want is just as cruel since that's not how it is once
they hit the real world.

If you carry your stupidity into a marriage your life will turn
to ****.

Really? I seem to be doing just fine.

I am not the cause of your problems.
My actions are the result of your actions.
Your life is not my fault.

-------------------
Not true at all. You must be stupid to believe such hogwash!
Followed carefully that philosophy will land you in prison!

The truth is, we are each other's problems, we are all the
results of each other on an ongoing basis, and you're at fault
for each and every injustice you permit, and they will kill
you faster than even your own solitary stupidities, and you'll
say, "but I didn't..." as you die.
Steve

You're either really deep, or have a few mental issues. There seems to be a
facination with death and destruction in your posts.

--
---
jaybird

Old February 23rd 04, 07:39 AM
P. Tierney

news

jaybird wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message

No kidding. I'd have knocked him smooth out if he had talked back

to me
like that. That's what I'd have gotten at that age.

AND

I agree. Beating, torturing, and abusing children does cause long term
damage. However, discipline is an essential element to the growth of a
child.

I think that the "I'd have knocked him out smooth", from your
first post, falls under the "beating" category that you say, in
your latest post, causes "long term damage". And I agree.

P. Tierney

Old February 23rd 04, 02:34 PM
karen

No kidding. I'd have knocked him smooth out if he had talked back to me
like that. That's what I'd have gotten at that age.

im obviously missing a lot of posts. i jsut did a google and read the story
about the above header.
some comments...
1. no body has a right to shoot at noisy teens or anybody else for being
noisy.
2. no adult should ever consider knocking a kid smooth out for talking back.
3."thats what i'd have gotten at his age"...looks like you would have
learned from your parents mistakes rather than continuing the ****ed up
cycle. thats why kids are the way they are today, for the most part, parents
suck and are clueless, imho

Old February 23rd 04, 02:41 PM
karen

Views like that are why so many kids grow up to be turds.

views like knocking a kid to the ground for being a smartass are why teh
kids of today are so ****ed up.
why handle it with physical violence? ever hear of communicating with
children with respect and words rather than abuse?

It's true that if
kids grow up thinking they can get away with doing whatever they want
including talking back like these kids did,

if a kid grows up with getting smacked around that much
better...rrrriiiight...

then you have a point. Kids put
up with what you tell them they will put up with;

what a totally ****ed up view you have going on there.
but you are right. kids many times have no other choice BUT to put up with
what the parents put upon them.
did you know that teen suicide is on the rise. my wager would be its due to
the lack of love and understanding.
things that should start at home

that's why they're kids
and the adults are parents.

....kids role is to do what the parents says and shut up or get knocked
down...sounds like a plan for fools

Old February 23rd 04, 02:45 PM
karen

I agree. Beating, torturing, and abusing children does cause long term
damage. However, discipline is an essential element to the growth of a
child.

since when is knocking a kid to the ground discipline?

Old February 23rd 04, 02:55 PM
Steve Furbish

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

I think that the "I'd have knocked him out smooth", from your
first post, falls under the "beating" category that you say, in
your latest post, causes "long term damage". And I agree.

P. Tierney

The original poster said her son was 21 and not employed by choice, but then
later figured out the meaning of life when he had to start actually going to
work and earning a living. Looks like he learned his lesson in respect for
others only after it adversely impacted him. Too often that's the case these
days and it's usually the parents fault, IMO.

Steve

Old February 23rd 04, 04:02 PM
jaybird

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
> [...]

news

jaybird wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message

No kidding. I'd have knocked him smooth out if he had talked

back
to me
like that. That's what I'd have gotten at that age.

AND

I agree. Beating, torturing, and abusing children does cause long term
damage. However, discipline is an essential element to the growth of a
child.

I think that the "I'd have knocked him out smooth", from your
first post, falls under the "beating" category that you say, in
your latest post, causes "long term damage". And I agree.

Wow... you took that literally? It was meant more as a way of expressing
that a kid should never talk to their parents the way that one did no matter
what age they are.

--
---
jaybird

Old February 23rd 04, 04:02 PM
jaybird

"karen" wrote in message
I agree. Beating, torturing, and abusing children does cause long term
damage. However, discipline is an essential element to the growth of a
child.

since when is knocking a kid to the ground discipline?

LOL. Since when has a comment like that been taken literally?

--
---
jaybird

Old February 23rd 04, 04:07 PM
jaybird

"karen" wrote in message
No kidding. I'd have knocked him smooth out if he had talked back to me
like that. That's what I'd have gotten at that age.

im obviously missing a lot of posts. i jsut did a google and read the

story
about the above header.
some comments...
1. no body has a right to shoot at noisy teens or anybody else for being
noisy.
2. no adult should ever consider knocking a kid smooth out for talking

back.
3."thats what i'd have gotten at his age"...looks like you would have
learned from your parents mistakes rather than continuing the ****ed up
cycle. thats why kids are the way they are today, for the most part,

parents
suck and are clueless, imho

Well you're crazy and your grammar sucks. I'm really surprised that you
people took that as a literal translation. The point was to express that a
child, no matter what age, shouldn't even think about talking to their
parents like that.

--
---
jaybird

Old February 23rd 04, 04:46 PM
karen

Well you're crazy

how so

and your grammar sucks.

im not here for grammar lessons

I'm really surprised that you
people took that as a literal translation.

im surprised that a decent parent/person would blab such crap

The point was to express that a
child, no matter what age, shouldn't even think about talking to their
parents like that.

my point is children should be treated with respect and many times react to
they they are treated/raised.
treat with respect and they learn how to treat others with respect. you
wanna point fingers, then point them towards the parents where the blame
belongs the vast majority of the time