Any worthwhile self help aides or reading available?

Old October 29th 03, 03:13 PM
Alan

Default Any worthwhile self help aides or reading available?

As a guy trying to make sure things are kept fair (not shirking
responsibility), just kept fair, are there any worthwhile books that
will help me to learn pro se techniques that can be used in Arkansas
Courts. I need a boot camp so to speak on how to become my own lawyer.
Due to finances, I really can't afford an attorney anymore.

I've looked on Amazon, and browsed several websites, but I need help
separating the bs from actual good stuff.

Thanks for suggestions. . .
Old October 29th 03, 03:36 PM
gini52

"Alan" wrote in message
om...
As a guy trying to make sure things are kept fair (not shirking
responsibility), just kept fair, are there any worthwhile books that
will help me to learn pro se techniques that can be used in Arkansas
Courts. I need a boot camp so to speak on how to become my own lawyer.
Due to finances, I really can't afford an attorney anymore.

I've looked on Amazon, and browsed several websites, but I need help
separating the bs from actual good stuff.

Thanks for suggestions. . .

==
Florida has one of the most extensive free pro se information sites on the
web. Most of the forms
can be edited for your state. There are also instructions on how to fill out
and file the forms.
Again, adaptable for your state. See note below.

http://www.floridalawonline.net/courts.html#famlaw

NOTE: You must *thoroughly* research your state's Family Law Rules of
Procedures.
While some jurisdictions allow small variances for self representing
individuals, most of the
rules must be followed *precisely* and most are time sensitive. Good luck.
==
==