Hi all..introduction, questions, fears (misc. mentioned)

Old September 16th 03, 07:03 PM
Nancy Verzich

Default Hi all..introduction, questions, fears (misc. mentioned)

Hi all...I am here, once again. I never get to stay here very long, b/c I am
a chronic miscarrier. I have had 4 miscarriages since my daughter was born
in 1996. I don't know why, although I do have a guess. I was recently
diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic in June, with blood sugars well over 400-500.
I don't know how long I had been that way, but now that I know, I am on
medication (pills, not insulin) that has been bringing the numbers down
pretty good. My last miscarriage was last month...didn't even know I was
pregnant actually...but I knew when I started my "period" that it wasn't
normal and since I've been through it a few times before, I knew that I was
miscarrying again. I have never necessarily been TRYING to get pregnant...we
were just saying "If it happens, it happens." Well...last month, I knew when
I was going to ovulate...and I took advantage of it LOL. I ovulated on the
28 or 29 of August, so last week...I took a test. It was actually one that I
had gotten from the Dollar Tree (everything is a dollar lol) and it was
negative. That didn't bother me tho, because I just kinda "knew"...like I
did with my other two living children. So...I took another test on Sunday
morning, after 4 hours of sleep. No line then, but a few hours later, there
was a line. Took another test Sunday evening, after being awake, drinking,
and peeing all day. No line. Took another test last evening (after drinking
and peeing all day again...my HUBBY is the one who wanted me to do this
lol..he is a *little* excited!) and no line. But...today, there IS a line on
this test. I have looked these tests up and it says that they "don't get
evaporation lines." Plus...I KNOW I'm pregnant...I am nauseous (I do NOT get
nauseous any other time), my breasts were sore last week, and I am peeing
every 1 1/2 hours lol. So...in my mind there is no question.
I am very distant from this pregnancy right now tho...only because I am
soooo used to them not "sticking" lol. But you know, I WANT this one to
stick...and maybe, with the blood sugar numbers down a bit...it might!
Anyway, thats it about me..and just as a little side note...we will NOT have
to worry about a name this time. I KNOW its a girl (lol I always "know" the
sex too!) and I already know what we're naming it. We are in the direct path
of Isabel right now...in WV no less! But it is forecast to come right at
us..I've never been through this before and I'm kinda scared..but also a
little excited! Soooo...her first name is going to be Isabel! And, something
that I just figured out today and its very neat to me...From the time I
ovulated, if I go forward 9 months (not perfect I know..but c'mon, close
enough!) I would be "due" around May 31...the same day that my father died
in 2001. I loved him sooo much and miss him every single day. The perfect
way to pay tribute to him is if I could have this baby on the day he died
(I'm sure it will be a planned Csection..I am prone to placenta abruptia),
May 31, and to make her middle name Francis, after him (Frank). Isabel
Francis....perfect, isn't it???
Nancy

Old September 16th 03, 09:12 PM
Ilse Witch

Welcome Nancy!

Quite a history you have there. I'll cross my fingers that this
one sticks around! I like the naming scheme, now just hope that
your gut feeling is right. I know mine definitely wasn't last
time around, so I am not going to try anymore. And yes, May 31st
is a very nice date, it's my b-day :-D

--
-- I
mommy to DS (14m)

Old September 16th 03, 09:28 PM
Nancy Verzich

Thanks Ilse...I'm hoping it sticks around too...you never know about those
gut feelings. I want to get excited....but I'm afraid to. So I'll just wait
and see! Thanks again for your welcome. I lurk here all the time, mainly
because I love reading the birth stories! LOL
Nancy

Old September 17th 03, 01:34 AM
Em

"Nancy Verzich" wrote in
snip
Plus...I KNOW I'm pregnant...I am nauseous (I do NOT get
nauseous any other time), my breasts were sore last week, and I am peeing
every 1 1/2 hours lol. So...in my mind there is no question.
I am very distant from this pregnancy right now tho...only because I am
soooo used to them not "sticking" lol. But you know, I WANT this one to
stick...and maybe, with the blood sugar numbers down a bit...it might!

snip

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Tons of ***sticky vibes*** to you! The
name you've chosen is lovely and I hope everything goes wonderfully for you
:-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old September 18th 03, 03:44 PM
Carol Ann

snip

Soooo...her first name is going to be Isabel! And, something
that I just figured out today and its very neat to me...From the time I
ovulated, if I go forward 9 months (not perfect I know..but c'mon, close
enough!) I would be "due" around May 31...the same day that my father died
in 2001. I loved him sooo much and miss him every single day. The perfect
way to pay tribute to him is if I could have this baby on the day he died
(I'm sure it will be a planned Csection..I am prone to placenta abruptia),
May 31, and to make her middle name Francis, after him (Frank). Isabel
Francis....perfect, isn't it???
Nancy

Welcome back. May your stay be "full term" and healthy!!! I think Isabel
is a beautiful name.

~Carol Ann

Old September 19th 03, 07:30 PM
Irene

"Nancy Verzich" wrote in message et...
The perfect

way to pay tribute to him is if I could have this baby on the day he died
(I'm sure it will be a planned Csection..I am prone to placenta abruptia),
May 31, and to make her middle name Francis, after him (Frank). Isabel
Francis....perfect, isn't it???
Nancy

A lovely name, but you might want to consider Frances for a girl,
rather than Francis. (I have a friend named Frances who just goes
nuts when people refer to her as Francis. Though for all I know, this
is yet another name where what's a girl name and what's a boy name is
morphing?)

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Irene
Old September 19th 03, 08:16 PM
SMK

Nancy Verzich wrote:

[...]

Congratulations and hope you go all the way with Isabel!

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)