Taking pictures?

Old March 14th 06, 08:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Taking pictures?

I'm just looking for some ideas...
I had NOT wanted to take pictures of myself (or have them taken) when I was
pg with DD (I had 1 picture with DS1 and 2 pictures with DS2) but, for some
reason this time, I REALLY want to take (lots of) pictures of myself...
Has anyone else wanted to do something like this? I was thinking there's
about 40 weeks to a pregnancy, and take away the normal 1-8ish weeks that
tend to be pointless with no visible change to your body, which would leave
about 32 weeks of possible change that we don't usually notice ourselves but
others tend to point out if they haven't seen you for a week or month or
whatever it may be.
I guess I'm still only about 7ish weeks along, but according to my little
ivillage calendar, I'll be 8 weeks this coming Sunday. I was thinking of
picking up a disposable camera and having DH take 1 picture every week on
every Sunday until the end. Has anyone else ever had an idea like this, or
even done it, or am I just going insanely crazy?
I just feel really odd lately. I still don't feel at all pregnant, and I
don't think I look it at all either, and yet I know I am. I recall feeling
somewhat pregged out by now with the other 3, in one way or the other (with
the first 2 boys, I was well on my way with my lovely morning sickness, with
the third, a girl, I had no horrible days with being sick, but I had totally
opposite and different feelings that I knew I was pg.)
Now I know how my pregnancies go with boys, and with a girl, and this one
doesn't seem to fit the trend of either a boy or a girl, so I'm wondering...
Each time, well, #2 and #3, I knew exactly what I was having based on how
the pregnancy went and how I felt right from the start. Now I don't know,
and could I be losing it by wanting to take mass amounts of pictures?
I always thought that this kind of stuff that most tend to do with first
pregnancies... The lots of pictures thing, filling out every tiny detail in
a baby book... I only seemed to have put in half an effort for this in the
past, but for this one, I almost feel like I am wanting to go overboard.
This rambling has confused me.. If anyone knows what I'm trying to say, any
input would be awesome! Personal experiences are always the best

Old March 14th 06, 10:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

xkatx writes:

: I guess I'm still only about 7ish weeks along, but according to my little
: ivillage calendar, I'll be 8 weeks this coming Sunday. I was thinking of
: picking up a disposable camera and having DH take 1 picture every week on
: every Sunday until the end. Has anyone else ever had an idea like this, or
: even done it, or am I just going insanely crazy?

There was a baby website I went to where they did this. I though it was
major cool!

Larry
Old March 15th 06, 06:25 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I did it with both my pregnancies (not every week but every month or so) and
I don't think you're crazy. Is this going to be your last (planned) baby?
If so, maybe you are just wanting to remember it as special since you won't
be doing it again???

Just a thought??

Old March 15th 06, 09:14 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Hi

At firstI was going to take weekly pics, but I just never got round to doing
it....

However, now that I have a bigger bump (27wks) I have been doing "bump art"
and taking photos of that... I use Grimas face paints, but Snazaroo are good
too (I used to do kids parties!). Most art shops will sell them, but check
that they are saf e.

For ideas, there are pics at
http://www.snazaroo.com/eu/gallery_s...hp/photoId/141
http://www.facepaintingdesigns.co.uk...ry2/gallery2_1
1.html
http://www.gitsy.com/clown/fpaint.html
http://www.catswhiskers.biz/tummies.html (quite a few here)

It takes a bit of practice to do it on yourself (for details, i practice on
paper, then stand that and myself in front of a morror to copy details), so
don't panic if it isn't perfect first time... or why not get DH and children
to do some pictures? In wet weather days it will keep them amused for ages,
and help them to bond with the baby. You don't need to be artistic, and
normals childrens paint brushes and small spounges will do. Keep the kitchen
roll and a pot of water for rinsing brushes in close to hand though!

Have fun with it! I will put my pics up on my page as soon as I can find the
camera lead!

Take care

Lucy

--
Due with a little girl 15.06.06

Old March 18th 06, 09:41 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

For $200-ish, you can get a kickass digital camera. For another $50 you
can get a memory card big enough to hold a gadzillion pictures.

Compared to the cost of film over the life of the digital camera...
there's no contest. I've taken over 2000 pictures since Shiny was born,
and deleted at least 70% of them on the spot. You just can't *do* that
with film. Still leaving many "rolls" worth of pictures.

I'm in love with my dad's Panasonic Lumix. Great zoom, easy to use,
super light, super fast, barely sips at batteries and with a gig card
holds a gadzillion pictures to the point where the only reason he took
them off the camera was to make it easier to go through them.

By way of contrast, I've had film from my vacation in 2004 that still
needs developing.

Oh, and the Lumix will do really neat little videos. Not "movie"
quality, but more than enough to annoy your family for decades to come,
good sound, and you can color correct on the spot, unlike my own older
camera, which makes a buzzing noise the whole time, only takes 30
second spots and everything comes out dark no matter what.

If your goal is to snap a picture once a week or so, disposables are
not a horrible way to do it. If you really want a lot of pictures, just
get a digital camera.

Jenrose

Old March 19th 06, 06:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"lucy-h" wrote in message

snipped myself

Have fun with it! I will put my pics up on my page as soon as I can find

the
camera lead!

Take care

Lucy

I found my lead! My bump pics are at
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/id2.html , even Rob, my partner did an
Easter egg and is looking forward to doing more now he's over his paint
nerves It's such a lovely way to bond, and a good way to hide any pesky
stretchmarks

Lucy

--
Due with a little girl 15.06.06

Old March 19th 06, 06:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"lucy-h" wrote in message

"lucy-h" wrote in message

snipped myself

Have fun with it! I will put my pics up on my page as soon as I can find

the
camera lead!

Take care

Lucy

I found my lead! My bump pics are at
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/id2.html , even Rob, my partner did an
Easter egg and is looking forward to doing more now he's over his paint
nerves It's such a lovely way to bond, and a good way to hide any pesky
stretchmarks

Lucy

--
Due with a little girl 15.06.06

I really like the fish tank one (given I'm a fish fanatic!)
I can't see that being done - to me - for quite some time! I think that's
neat... I had a friend who did one of those belly cast things, and to me, I
didn't like it at all... I saw no point in it, since, to me, I thought of it
as more junk collecting in a small space that we already don't have the room
for...
But, this painting idea... I saw it once on the TV for one of those 'Baby
Story' shows, and I thought it was kind of neat. Never have done it myself,
and I don't think I personally know anyone who has done it, but maybe that's
something we can all try - as a whole family.
I have kind of given up all my art days - I used to do a whole bunch of art
on the computer - but I have totally stopped doing that. I used to do that
when I'd get really really down and depressed, and it was like my getaway to
spend half an hour or an hour just drawing some picture, so I don't think
I'd be at all interested in painting myself, but the family... Seems like
something that DH and DS can do and maybe have fun with. Even DD might have
fun mucking around in paint and all that!
And yes... Those stretch marks Gotta love them!

Old March 19th 06, 06:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

wrote in message
oups.com...
For $200-ish, you can get a kickass digital camera. For another $50 you
can get a memory card big enough to hold a gadzillion pictures.

Well, the camera we had lost, I have given up on. I did manage to find a
free digital camera from someone who didn't ever use it, and it seems to
work great, and hey, it was free. Can't go wrong there! It does have a
memory card - although I think it's something tiny like 32mb card, but
again, free and can't complain, and yes, memory cards are so cheap now, and
I do have some from the camera I had given my dad - that I had originally
spent about 1800$ on, so I can always borrow some of my dad's if need be.

Compared to the cost of film over the life of the digital camera...
there's no contest. I've taken over 2000 pictures since Shiny was born,
and deleted at least 70% of them on the spot. You just can't *do* that
with film. Still leaving many "rolls" worth of pictures.

That's true. One thing I am scared of, though, is losing all the pictures
on disc or on the computer. I've been there, done that, and it's almost
heartbreaking to find that you just can't get the pictures back. But then
again, I find that sometimes regular pictures can get destroyed almost as
easily, and that's just as disappointing too!

I'm in love with my dad's Panasonic Lumix. Great zoom, easy to use,
super light, super fast, barely sips at batteries and with a gig card
holds a gadzillion pictures to the point where the only reason he took
them off the camera was to make it easier to go through them.

I loved my Nikon Coolpix camera. That is the one I passed on to my dad...
He's more into the picture taking thing than I am, and I was also given a
basic, easy to use camera for Christmas one year, and it was great. It
wasn't big and bulky like the Nikon, and it didn't have a bible to go
through to figure out how to turn the thing on. The camera we picked up the
other day is basic as well. It's a simple, basic camera that actually works
and doesn't come with a headache trying to figure it all out. It has a zoom
and flash and all the regular features. Good enough for us, I figure!
Eventually, soon, I do think we'll pick up a new memory card just for
convenience, and the prices are so low now that it's definitely worth it and
doesn't break the bank account.

By way of contrast, I've had film from my vacation in 2004 that still
needs developing.

Oh yes, I've found film still in cameras, finished the roll off and had them
developed a year later when I got around to it. I found the beginning of
the roll was from 3 years ago, and 36 pictures span those years!

Oh, and the Lumix will do really neat little videos. Not "movie"
quality, but more than enough to annoy your family for decades to come,
good sound, and you can color correct on the spot, unlike my own older
camera, which makes a buzzing noise the whole time, only takes 30
second spots and everything comes out dark no matter what.

The camera we have now also does small movie clips, but we do have a video
camera. I got this from my aunt for my 21st birthday a couple years ago,
and to be honest, I still have the 3 tapes full of my 21st Las Vegas
birthday! I haven't put them on VHS or anything, and I guess I'm horrible
with things like that! Almost 2 years later, and these videos are so
important to me that I can't delete them and tape over them, but I also
couldn't be bothered to put them on a tape to clear up 3 tapes for more
video!

If your goal is to snap a picture once a week or so, disposables are
not a horrible way to do it. If you really want a lot of pictures, just
get a digital camera.

Jenrose

Well, I thought that a disposable camera might be alright for this, even to
do a picture every 2 weeks or so, since there's usually 24 pictures in a
disposable, which is probably enough for a pregnancy. But, then again, if
you get a fuzzy, garbage picture for one week, then it's kind of oh well,
too bad. With a digital, it might not be a horrible idea since it's just as
easy to put them on the 'puter from the camera right then and there, and if
the picture doesn't turn out, you can know right away and take a new one.
It's also just as easy and cheap to print off your own pictures... Mind you,
we'd need to replace our broken printer first, or get them to my aunt or mom
to print them off... Again, either way has it's ups and downs, I guess.

Old March 20th 06, 06:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"xkatx" wrote in message
It's also just as easy and cheap to print off your own pictures... Mind

you,
we'd need to replace our broken printer first, or get them to my aunt or

mom
to print them off... Again, either way has it's ups and downs, I guess.

Hiya

I don't know much about cameras (despite my brother being a photographer!
D'oh! I missed that gene as our father was one too! ) but I use a Kodak
EasyShare... I bought it off ebay for £40 and the printer for £80 about a
year, manybe 18months ago... It's a basic camera, but I am also a nightmare
at getting films developed, and I don't like computer printed pictures. It's
perfect for me, as I can print only the ones I want, and yet I still get a
glossy 6"x4" borderless picture - and my pics can be in a frame in only a
few minutes! I think there are other brands too, but ebay is the place for
me as I am not a professional, just someone who likes fun snaps It's also
good for visiting relatives who can take a piccy home with them. The
cartride and paper are available in places like Tesco and Argos (for Kodak
definitely, other brands I don't know...) and you get 40 pics for £20 - 50p
each... I don't know, some people say that it works out pricy, but I like
the convenience.

Lucy
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06

new pictures Kari General 7 June 11th 04 03:23 AM
Update and new pictures Rob & Laura Breastfeeding 1 October 15th 03 08:39 PM
2 1/4 year old keeps taking off diapers Larry McMahan General 4 July 15th 03 02:39 AM
2 1/4 year old keeps taking off diapers Nina Pregnancy 0 July 9th 03 12:53 AM