September due dates

Old September 1st 03, 06:52 AM
GoofeeGyrl

Default September due dates

Okay, roll call time! All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby?

I LOVE these! And I get to be the first to respond, too bad I don't have much
to say! I am definitely ready to strangle everybody at this point, except,
strangly enough, DH. You would think he would be the first I would lose it
with.

How's the last month treating you all?

I am very bored these days, as DD and I don't go too far from home, just in
case things start to happen. I feel pretty good during the day, with a couple
days here and there where I *must* take a nap otherwise I woudl just start
sleepwalking. Sleeping has become quite uncomfortable, I wake up every time I
have to turn, and wake up with a lot of tingling in my arms or legs and have to
change positions to get comfortable again. I wake up about twice a night to
use the potty too, which is strange, I never had any night waking, even in the
last weeks, with my first.

Any siblings in the family to prepare (or chase after)?

Sophie (29.5 months) is getting to be very on edge/grumpy lately. I think she
is sensing that things will change for her sooner than later. We have been
talking a lot about "sisterbaby" as Sophie calls her, which I thought would be
good to prepare her for the event, but now I wonder, as she is having a hard
time dealing with all the things (like the moses basket) that have been
entering the house in the last few weeks.

Hang in there!

Thanks! I am ready, that's for sure. Bags packed, all phone numbers programed
into my cell phone and DH and my mom all ready to do as needed as soon as
things start rolling along.

Looking forward to reading about all my September mates, can't wait for all the
announcements to start coming in!

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due in 7 days!!

Old September 1st 03, 02:55 PM
Karen

Mary wrote:

Okay, roll call time! All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby?

I'm quite torn between DYING to see and hold my baby and knowing that he is
much
easier to care for on the inside than on the outside.

You're almost there!! And you made
it through the heat of summer in the third trimester, whew. How's the
last month treating you all?

I'm OK. Feeling heavy, pubic pain, seriously waddling etc......the
heartburn can get aggravating but is easing up
as he drops lower and lower. Believe it or not my TMJ is the most
uncomfortable thing I have to deal with as I can't take
anything that will help ease the pain (large doses of ibuprofen are what I
usually would be doing)
My cervix was sore, sounds strange but that is the only way to explain it,
for quite a few days-maybe something is actually
starting. Who knows!?

Everything ready for the birth, bags

I packed my bag last week, birth ball is inflated, email is set up to send
out announcements etc.......I've had the baby
stuff mostly ready for quite a while and put the last few things together a
couple weeks ago-now all I need is a BABY to go
with it.

packed, husbands anxious, weekly OB/midwife visits started yet?

I see her every week now. My friend who is an L&D nurse saw my midwife on
Thursday at the hospital and anxiously read the board looking
my initials but I wasn't the-( Asked Katy about me and they had a nice
chuckle about how DONE I am. At least Katy won't be surprised when
Dawn shows up in my room and we know each other.

Does it
seem like your belly has doubled in size since last month?

This is as big as I've ever gotten. According to midwife it isn't a big
baby just a good amount of fluid. He does seem to have
put on quite a bit of weight in the last week though. He just seems much
bigger when playing "identify the part"

Any nesting,
or is it mostly the extreme fatigue of late pregnancy?

I alternate between being a cleaning/organizing freak and total exhaustion
and total exhuastion is winning out
most of the time these days.

I remember being
so amazed that I felt 100% better two weeks after birth than I did two
weeks before birth, even though we were taking care of a newborn around
the clock. Are you excited to meet your baby soon? Any siblings in the
family to prepare (or chase after)?

My crew is all tuned up they can't wait for him to be here. My 10 year old
is about to explode
she is so excited-she is at *that* age where girls just love love love
babies-a few of her friends
are going to drive me nuts but I love 'em anyway. My two boys are
excited but usually too cool to show it:-) My little girls both can't wait.
Dd (4) was thrilled to learn it's September
because the baby is coming in September! Dd (2) is happy to tell everyone
and anyone that Baby B. is in there (points at my belly)
and he'll sleep there (to crib in my room),
and I'll hold him and help Mommy put on his tiny socks.

Aches and pains, insomnia, big as a
house? Hang in there! Vent as needed.

I get stiff while sleeping and wake up a lot but usually it's just a matter
or rearranging pillows and shoving
the 2 yo off of me or move her out from between my legs (don't ask-it's
where she likes to sleep)

Well, I see the midwife tomorrow. I have no idea what I'm going to do, if
I'll have her check me or what or just wait for
next week's appt. If I do have her check me and things are getting going
will we pick a day later this week? wait?

Karen

Old September 1st 03, 03:58 PM
Tiina Kartovaara

Mary wrote:

Okay, roll call time! All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby? You're almost there!! And you made
it through the heat of summer in the third trimester, whew. How's the
last month treating you all?

Thanks for asking, Mary! I have to say that the last month is treating
me wonderfully - I can't complain about anything, especially now that
I'm finally getting rid of my sore throat. While I'm eager to meet the
baby, I have to say that I'm going to miss being pregnant. It's been lovely.

Everything ready for the birth, bags
packed, husbands anxious, weekly OB/midwife visits started yet?

The bag's not packed, but everything is ready for the baby, more or
less! Husband calm as always, thank heaven. And I'm really enjoying my
weekly prenatal visits - I could go and talk pregnancy & baby every day! :-)

Does it
seem like your belly has doubled in size since last month? Any nesting,
or is it mostly the extreme fatigue of late pregnancy?

Yes, the belly has definitely been growing with alacrity. No extreme
fatigue here, but lots of activity - after not bothering to do anything
before, I've sorted, washed, arranged baby clothes with glorious
abandon. I'm also on a baking jag, all part of the nesting syndrome, I
think.

While I'm not tired, I have been noticing some signs. Frequent, intense
B-H contractions, frequent trips to the bathroom (both #1 and #2,
actually), sudden twinges in my pelvic floor, my mucous plug coming out
little by little (or should I say "chunk by chunk", Em? ;-) ) - I do
think my body is starting to gear up for labor. Which it could go on
doing for weeks, I know!

I remember being
so amazed that I felt 100% better two weeks after birth than I did two
weeks before birth, even though we were taking care of a newborn around
the clock. Are you excited to meet your baby soon? Any siblings in the
family to prepare (or chase after)? Aches and pains, insomnia, big as a
house? Hang in there! Vent as needed.

Excitement is growing every minute. It all seems so real now! My
4-year-old, Emilia, is overjoyed that it's finally September. Speaking
of her, I'm really glad I don't have any significant aches or pains,
since I'd go stir crazy if I had to stay in all day with her! No
insomnia either, although I do have to get up once or twice to pee. I
just stagger to the bathroom and back and fall right back to sleep. Big
as a house? Well, I *have* gained 35 pounds, but I think I needed to. I
actually do feel gorgeous, and healthy and glowing. (I'm probably
jinxing myself something awful with all this gloating, but I don't care!)

All of you September moms - may these last days and weeks of your
pregnancies be lovely, or tolerable, or at least quick! :-)

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

Mary S.

Old September 1st 03, 05:16 PM
Cheryl S.

Mary wrote in message
How's the last month treating you all?

I've complained enough - everyone already knows how the last month has
been for me. :-) Thankfully I'm getting around better today than
yesterday. Used even *more* pillows last night, and got up earlier this
morning, since it seems the longer I sleep the stiffer and more sore I
get.

Everything ready for the birth, bags packed, husbands
anxious, weekly OB/midwife visits started yet?

Everything has been ready for the baby at home for some time now. Have
had the bag packed since August 17 (I know the date since that's when we
spent the night at the birth center on a false alarm . DH doesn't
seem anxious, but definitely feels bad for me and hopes it will be soon.
Weekly visits started three weeks ago and TBH I think it is a little
tiresome having to go so often. I know everything's fine. I don't feel
like I need to be watched over like a pot of water on to boil. I just
hope I don't get to 40 weeks, when they start wanting NST's twice a
week. I don't see why 40 weeks is any more of a concern than 39 weeks,
since it's more normal to get to 40 than to give birth at 39. And of
course I don't even want to *think* about 41 weeks... :-)

Does it seem like your belly has doubled in size since
last month?

Doubled since last month? I feel like it's doubled since last *week*!
:-)

Any nesting, or is it mostly the extreme fatigue of late
pregnancy?

I've had so many bouts of nesting over the past month, I can't even
think of anything else to do now. DH seems to be nesting today though,
lol. He's gone through the kitchen and thrown out or filed all the
papers that were piled up around the counters, and is now working on his
office.

Are you excited to meet your baby soon? Any siblings in the
family to prepare (or chase after)?

I am excited to see the baby (though I'm seriously not convinced he's
ever going to show up!) and, just like Tiina and Karen's four-year-olds,
I am very excited that it is now September, lol! Julie is still
measuring my belly, taking my blood pressure and listening to the baby's
heartbeat with her Fisher-Price medical kit at least once a day. It is
adorable. She is as prepared as possible, I think, but remembering how
unimaginable having a baby was for me, before having her, I don't think
she can really have any idea what it's going to be like. I'm trying to
make things as enjoyable for her as possible right now, and treasure her
last days as an only child. It is often tough, since I'm already
annoyed at my body, so I overreact to certain things she does. But I'm
glad to say that even yesterday, there were a few times I was able to
get comfortable enough on the couch to lie or sit next to her and read
to her (her favorite activity with me - it's what she started using for
closeness and comfort when she weaned herself from bf).

Aches and pains, insomnia, big as a house?

Yes, yes, and yes, lol.

Hang in there! Vent as needed.

Thanks, Mary!

{{{hugs}}} to all the September moms for these last days, and may we all
have birth experiences we will remember fondly, and healthy babies home
with us soon.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old September 1st 03, 06:18 PM
GoofeeGyrl

I'm trying to
make things as enjoyable for her as possible right now, and treasure her
last days as an only child.

I know what you mean on this one. On Friday, I had planned a special mommy and
Sophie day with a trip to the nice mall with the outdoor play area as well as a
carosel, that she could play on after we had lunch together. Then I would let
her pick out a new book or toy. As luck would have it, she woke up several
times the night before and then woke up too early, so she was not in the mood
for the day, we only ended up riding the carosel and picking out a new book
before she was surely ready to go home! But with DH being around this
weekened, we were able to take her to a local park/zoo and have pizza night.
After DH's half day, we will take her swimming.

It is often tough, since I'm already
annoyed at my body, so I overreact to certain things she does.

I'm the same way. I have found myself giving total parental duties to Gary
when he gets home. Since I am so grumpy about things, and I end up getting
upset with her during the day, I want her to have some happy time every day.
Besides, I can't really crawl around with her on the floor too much these days.

But I'm
glad to say that even yesterday, there were a few times I was able to
get comfortable enough on the couch to lie or sit next to her and read
to her

I am sure that was a great time for both of you!

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due in 6 days
Old September 1st 03, 07:05 PM
Tiina Kartovaara

Cheryl S. wrote:
Mary wrote in message

How's the last month treating you all?

I've complained enough - everyone already knows how the last month has
been for me. :-) Thankfully I'm getting around better today than
yesterday. Used even *more* pillows last night, and got up earlier this
morning, since it seems the longer I sleep the stiffer and more sore I
get.

Are you using a body pillow? I couldn't have managed without mine, when
I was expecting Emilia. I hugged the pillow and tucked it between my
knees; when I turned over at night, I kept my knees together and my hips
as immobile as possible. I always tried to change position in *one*
movement and not let my legs and hips move separately; that hurt even
more! I just sort of swung to the other side, without letting go of the
pillow, if you know what I mean. Geez, I remember what bliss is was to
be able to turn over painlessly after the birth! Or get up from a chair
and walk without effort! Oh, the things you dream about when you don't
have them..

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

Old September 1st 03, 08:22 PM
zeldabee

Mary wrote:
Okay, roll call time! All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby?

I may have to strangle a complete stranger. My belly is indeed very big,
and strangers especially seem to feel the need to comment on my size, ask
if I'm having twins (or triplets), or what have you. They see me coming,
and just can't keep their mouths shut. It's apparently open season on
pregnant ladies.

I must say I am tired of being pregnant, and I haven't enjoyed it
especially except for a brief period in the second trimester.

You're almost there!! And you made
it through the heat of summer in the third trimester, whew.

Yes, fortunately the heat here seems to have broken. It may yet come back
but for now it's raining, which doesn't bother me one bit.

How's the
last month treating you all? Everything ready for the birth, bags
packed, husbands anxious, weekly OB/midwife visits started yet?

Just about everything is ready. Hospital bag is not completely packed...I
have a hard time getting my mind around that one. I've got to go back and
re-read the recent thread about it...

I still need a few things, but I've got the basic necessities. I get the
first delivery from the diaper service Wednesday.

Oh! I just visited the closest pediatrician to me...he wasn't the warmest,
fuzziest doctor I've ever met, *but* he deals mostly with Orthodox Jews,
and he says about 90-95% of them breastfeed longer than a year, so this is
the norm for him. I can also stop by any time I want to to weigh the baby,
and he's always on call (though only for serious emergencies from sundown
Friday to sundown Saturday). His office is a 5-minute walk from me.

Does it
seem like your belly has doubled in size since last month?

I've been huge for months, and I just keep getting bigger.

Any nesting,
or is it mostly the extreme fatigue of late pregnancy?

I'm alternating between the two.

I remember being
so amazed that I felt 100% better two weeks after birth than I did two
weeks before birth, even though we were taking care of a newborn around
the clock. Are you excited to meet your baby soon?

Very. Also scared to death, but very excited.

Any siblings in the
family to prepare (or chase after)? Aches and pains, insomnia, big as a
house? Hang in there! Vent as needed.

On the one hand, I'm very uncomfortable, and in pain much of the time, and
getting up to go to work is *hard*. On the other, my basic life
circumstances have changed so radically, and so favorably in the last month
and a half (mostly having to do with my living situation), that my stress
level has gone *way* down. It seems as though my biggest worry now is that
the one pair of shoes I can actually wear will give out before I give birth
(I cannot even find a pair to buy that I can fit into--I'll have to wear
flip-flops if these sandals give out). A little over a month ago, I was
worried about having to put my belongings in storage and move into a hotel
if I couldn't find a place to live. So, that being the case, all in all
things are ok.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/
Old September 2nd 03, 06:23 PM
sher

Mary wrote in message ...
Okay, roll call time! All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby? You're almost there!! And you made
it through the heat of summer in the third trimester, whew. How's the
last month treating you all?

I'm enjoying this last month. Everyone keeps assuming I'm dying to
have this baby, but right now, I'm very content to keep him inside.
I've had a ‘feeling' that this baby was going to come early, but I had
that with my first and went 4 days overdue, so I'm trying to ignore
it.

Everything ready for the birth, bags
packed, husbands anxious, weekly OB/midwife visits started yet?

My bag is halfway packed and DH has the list of things that need to be
thrown in at the last minute. I'm hoping to get the last few items
packed this evening.

Does it
seem like your belly has doubled in size since last month? Any nesting,
or is it mostly the extreme fatigue of late pregnancy?

For some reason, we decided NOW to decorate the baby's room. I tried
to keep it simple, but once I got started DH went crazy. He picked a
vintage airplane theme that is turning out to be a lot more expensive
than anything I was interested in, but I think it's going to look
great if we can get it all pulled together.

I remember being
so amazed that I felt 100% better two weeks after birth than I did two
weeks before birth, even though we were taking care of a newborn around
the clock. Are you excited to meet your baby soon? Any siblings in the
family to prepare (or chase after)?

Our two boys are getting very excited and divvying up all
responsibilities. They have finally agreed on which one of them gets
to teach the baby how to play chess and which one gets to teach
Monopoly. They are hoping I go way overdue. We are planning a trip
to San Diego towards the end of my maternity leave, and they'd like it
to coincide with the whale migrations in December. Given that they
are 5 and 7, I think they are going to handle the transition fairly
well. Our 5yo is so excited to finally get to be a big brother
instead of the little brother.

Aches and pains, insomnia, big as a
house? Hang in there! Vent as needed.

I've only gained 17 pounds and I haven't gotten too huge, so I don't
have the "big as a house" feeling. Turning over in bed is difficult,
but I can otherwise get around fine. Some nights I sleep great and
others, I'm lucky to get a few hours when I'm comfortable. I wish I
could figure out a pattern.

My only other real vent is that I had too much sugar in my urine last
Thursday, so I've had to watch my sweets. I'm hoping it's nothing to
be concerned about and that this week's test comes back in the normal
range.

I can't believe it's finally September.

~ Sher, due with boy #3 9/27/03

Review: 50 First Dates (**) Steve Rhodes General 1 February 23rd 04 01:22 AM
April due dates Mary Pregnancy 11 September 12th 03 01:34 AM
February due dates Mary Pregnancy 3 September 11th 03 07:12 PM
September & October due dates Kereru Pregnancy 22 August 31st 03 03:52 AM
Due Date Calendar - 8/11/03 Truffles Pregnancy 4 August 16th 03 12:57 AM