spanking children

Old July 30th 06, 04:02 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
BBS

Default spanking children

Kane asked why should children be spanked and why only for major
misbehavior. My answer is that I believe children should be spanked for
major misbehavior but a spanking for minor misbehavior isn't necessary.
To put it another way, I don't think you should you spank for every
little thing.

Old July 30th 06, 10:38 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Carlson LaVonne

What do you consider a major misbehavior that warrants a spanking?

Why do you think spanking is appropriate for what you consider a major
misbehavior?

If spanking is appropriate for your definition of major misbehaviors,
why not for minor misbehaviors? If you think it works well for major
misbehaviors, it should be even more effective for those minor infractions.

Why do you think it is appropriate to hit and hurt a child in the name
of discipline, when it is illegal to do so once the child reaches the
age of 18?

Do you think children should be exempt from physical assault and battery
laws that all adults enjoy, just because they are young, vulnerable,
powerless, and weak? If so, why?

LaVonne

Old August 1st 06, 11:08 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

BBS: Can I see your web site? It didn't work when I tried it.
Typo?

Expressing yourself to Kane and LaVonne?
It's like preaching religion at an atheist convention!

You must LIKE teasing pit bulls!

Just don't let them FAKE you into thinking
they are normal and you are WRONG!

Study their ""reasoning"" and learn how
rabid political zealots operate.

Do you remember the debate
club (forensic) geeks in high school?

Old August 2nd 06, 12:06 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
BBS: Can I see your web site? It didn't work when I tried it.
Typo?

Expressing yourself to Kane and LaVonne?
It's like preaching religion at an atheist convention!

I love a good analogy. Could you find out please?

You must LIKE teasing pit bulls!

Now now, we can't be all THAT threatening.

You wouldn't be trying to scare this nice spanker away, would you,
before he gets his say, and we ours?

Just don't let them FAKE you into thinking
they are normal and you are WRONG!

He wouldn't do that.

Study their ""reasoning"" and learn how
rabid political zealots operate.

You'd have to steer him to Doug for that.

Do you remember the debate
club (forensic) geeks in high school?

Debate has rules. We work to stick to them. Do you?

No, your entire debate is crammed with innuendo, unsupported claims, and
factual lies collected by you from anti-government cronies of yours and
their deliriously funny websites.

When you aren't "pretending" and "sicofanting"[sic]

R R R R R ...

Tell us some more about your hypothesis, Greg.

You were supposed to intimidate with it, weren't you little Greg?

I found it as laughable as Lisa's Petition to the Court. The one you
ghosted.

And your error studded testimony to the House Ways and Means committee
hearing.

When I tire of one, and need a laugh, I just read the other.

The questions asked of the poster were reasonable, and backed by
reasonable commentary.

If spanking works for big things why would it not be even more effective
for little things....or, as I think LaVonne didn't get around to asking,
is there something intrinsically WRONG about spanking that it requires
vigorous strong limits over it?

Funny, most non-CP and non-punishing supportive parent discipline, the
kind Diane Baumrind once supported so strongly in her research, has no
such limits on it.

No need. The worst that could happen to my kid if I "over" coached and
supported would be boredom.

So spanking has risks, do you suppose? And even a spanking knows it? And
won't use it for small things, only big?

Your logic overwhelms me, Greg. Again.

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old August 25th 06, 05:45 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Greg wrote
Do you remember the debate
club (forensic) geeks in high school?

Kane wrote
Debate has rules. We work to stick to them. Do you?

Even the HS debate geeks would shun you
for posting PROFANITY for over a year!

You stick to no rules.
You are a zealous LOBBYIST, a manipulative
control freak seeking a cult like following.

Old August 25th 06, 09:23 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Greg wrote
Do you remember the debate
club (forensic) geeks in high school?

Kane wrote
Debate has rules. We work to stick to them. Do you?

Even the HS debate geeks would shun you
for posting PROFANITY for over a year!

You have that on good authority do you?

You stick to no rules.

Of course I do. You just don't understand them because you have no
standards. You are unethical and immoral.

You are a zealous LOBBYIST,

Haven't lobbied for years. Do you disapprove of the two major issues I
lobbied for?

1. Open adoptions
2. Full foster and adoptive subsidies to relatives who foster or adopt
their kin

a manipulative

Do you feel manipulated by me, Greg?

control freak seeking a cult like following.

You have me confused with Doug and Neal Feldman.

Old August 26th 06, 04:55 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Greg wrote
a manipulative

Kane wrote
Do you feel manipulated by me, Greg?

Do I seem like I'm a candidate for your cult?