chores?

Old April 28th 04, 11:25 PM
Moon Shyne

Default chores?

Vacuuming........ cleaning the kitchen floor....... cleaning windows and
mirrors....... my kids have a "work order" list - and there are all the things
that need to be done on a week to week basis around here...... everything from
planning dinners (whole menu, including shopping list if there are things we
don't have) to taking out trash, dishes, laundry, cleaning, vacuuming, even
cleaning out my car......

Their allowance is based on how m any "credits" they earn..... and credits can
be used for a night at the skating rink, a fast food dinner, a movie......

So far, it's working pretty well - and my kids are nearly 10, and 'gonna be 13'

"lm" wrote in message
Just wondering what everyone's kids do, and at what ages. So far my
kids' chores are pretty minimal. Set/clear the table, take out the
trash, clean their rooms, put away the laundry.... It's springtime and
I'm ready to put them to work washing cars and weeding. What else?

lm

Old April 29th 04, 06:25 AM

"lm" wrote in message
Just wondering what everyone's kids do, and at what ages. So far my
kids' chores are pretty minimal. Set/clear the table, take out the
trash, clean their rooms, put away the laundry.... It's springtime and
I'm ready to put them to work washing cars and weeding. What else?

lm

If you do a google search, a few years ago I had a detailed chore list and
also little subtitles that they used for details on 3 by 5 notecards. We did
the chore wheel, the drawing chores and for fun I put "read a book" or "play
outside" or "enjoy an extra ten minutes of television" for good measure. Hey,
gotta have some fun eh?
look under for the search. Hey, spammers are going to
see the hyperlink and go nuts. It is not my email addy anymore. Sorry to
whomever it is.
Take care!

Old May 3rd 04, 02:39 PM
lm

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 05:25:11 GMT, "V" wrote:

"lm" wrote in message
.. .
Just wondering what everyone's kids do, and at what ages. So far my
kids' chores are pretty minimal. Set/clear the table, take out the
trash, clean their rooms, put away the laundry.... It's springtime and
I'm ready to put them to work washing cars and weeding. What else?

lm

If you do a google search, a few years ago I had a detailed chore list and
also little subtitles that they used for details on 3 by 5 notecards. We did
the chore wheel, the drawing chores and for fun I put "read a book" or "play
outside" or "enjoy an extra ten minutes of television" for good measure. Hey,
gotta have some fun eh?
look under for the search. Hey, spammers are going to
see the hyperlink and go nuts. It is not my email addy anymore. Sorry to
whomever it is.
Take care!

Wow V. If children learn what they live, I'm afraid my children are
going to grow up to be very disorganized. I couldn't possibly do the
chore thing like that, I wish I could.

However, I'm proud to report that my 8-year-old has a new cho
cleaning the toilets. If he can't be bothered to either lift the seat
or AIM, then he can clean up the mess he leaves behind. And he thought
I was kidding. Hah!

lm

Old May 3rd 04, 11:16 PM

"lm" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 05:25:11 GMT, "V" wrote:

"lm" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

LOL..that is my 10 y/os job. Mister seat scrubber. It sure has deterred not
aiming.
My daughter is the under the bed crammer. The last time I had to wash her dust
ruffle I almost had a heart attack. Oh well. I choose my battles and that is
one of them. If your room stinks, I am coming in and it won't be pretty. They
clean it now!
The mominator is coming and she'll be back!
Ahhh.

Old May 4th 04, 05:13 PM
CME

"V" wrote in message

"lm" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 05:25:11 GMT, "V" wrote:

"lm" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

LOL, ya I'm the same way, in my house, if you don't pick up your toys the
vacuum gets it. Woo wee you should see them fly when it's time to tidy up.
Now that it's summer, here comes the sand and you should see my downstairs
bathroom. I looked at it this morning and said "eek I need to clean it" and
my son Josh says "Oooo can I scrub the toilet?" I just about fell over.

Christine