Ultrasound results--GENDER!!!!!

Old May 27th 04, 02:31 AM
ModernMiko

Default Ultrasound results--GENDER!!!!!

"JennP" wrote in message
news:JVSsc.115864$iF6.10832859@attbi_s02...

"Alissa" wrote in message

Oh wow, congratulations! I think all men secretly want a daughter!!!! My

Dh
was all hyped up for another girl this time, he later tells me he did

this
because he didn't want to feel dissapointment if he didn't get a boy!

Nice
to have 1 of each!!!!

Thanks. I think he secretly wanted a boy though, just because it's what's
familiar to him. He seems pretty excited already though.

BY the way I love the name Grace, Sarah grace was one
of our girls names...

Thanks. Dh's grandmother was a pretty special woman and we want to honor
her. Apparently Matthew has been telling people that the baby's name is
actually Emma because my MIL babysat today and said, "Emma will have such

great big brother". I had to correct her *and* ds and remind them that we
haven't made any decisions yet, lol.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04

Uh Oh! Sounds like someone has his mind made up LOL!

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old May 27th 04, 02:33 AM
ModernMiko

"JennP" wrote in message

"ModernMiko" wrote in message

That;s what I am running into..a lot of names I like are very popular.

And
was so mad at my parents while growing up because there were always 3-5
Jennifers in each of my classes in school. It's making me think a bit

about
liking the name vs the popularity of it.

You know, being a Jennifer, there were several of us but I didn't care. I
just thought I was cool because I was named after the character (in my own
mind) Jennifer of the Jungle on Sesame Street!
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04

I wish I had thought it was cool when I was younger. I really like my name
now. Of course, I am focusing more on girl's names than boy's names (can you
tell a bit of wishful thinking) but I have a few boy ideas.

Old May 29th 04, 01:20 PM
Sophie

Apparently Matthew has been telling people that the baby's name is
actually Emma because my MIL babysat today and said, "Emma will have such

great big brother". I had to correct her *and* ds and remind them that we
haven't made any decisions yet, lol.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

And *that* is why we haven't discussed names in front of the kids. That's
all I need, the kids blabbing to my mom what the name is - lol.

Old May 29th 04, 01:23 PM
Sophie

One issue came up though. She has a somewhat large choroid plexus cyst
and
much smaller one on the other side.

What's that?

It's a cyst in the tissue on the brain that makes spinal fluid. They

aren't
uncommon and most always resolve themselves by around 25 weeks or so. The
problem is that they can *rarely* be a marker for Trisomy 18. I've known
several people who had babies with the cysts and they were fine. I had my
quad screen test today and will have a level II soon to check everything
out.

Oh okay, don't know that I've ever heard of that. Sounds good that the
people you know had good outcomes. That means more to me than statistics or
whatever scary stuff you might find on the internet, ya know?

I also meant to e-mail you and tell you what I'd read recently. Did you end
up having to take baby aspirin this time? I read that Courtney Cox had the
same problem you did, that's why she had so many miscarriages, and this
pregnancy made it cos she took baby aspirin. Weird, huh?

Congrats on the girl. I think I said another boy for you, didn't I?

Actually, I never saw your prediction. Let's just say you said girl.
--
JennP.

Okay, sounds good

Old May 29th 04, 01:24 PM
Sophie

True, but with a son named Matthew we aren't too worried about popularity,
lol. One issue is it is the name of my parent's dog and didn't think about
that until today. I guess I don't think that's too weird though...maybe
*I'm* weird?

I knew a couple who had a cat named Gabrielle. Then they also named their
daughter Gabrielle. I thought that was kinda weird - lol.

Old June 1st 04, 12:43 AM
JennP

"Sophie" wrote in message

Oh okay, don't know that I've ever heard of that. Sounds good that the
people you know had good outcomes. That means more to me than statistics

or
whatever scary stuff you might find on the internet, ya know?

Exactly. Real life anecdotes mean more to me, otherwise I'd go crazy.

I also meant to e-mail you and tell you what I'd read recently. Did you

end
up having to take baby aspirin this time? I read that Courtney Cox had

the
same problem you did, that's why she had so many miscarriages, and this
pregnancy made it cos she took baby aspirin. Weird, huh?

Wow. I didn't realize that. Yes, I am on the daily asprin.

Old June 1st 04, 12:44 AM
JennP

"Sophie" wrote in message
True, but with a son named Matthew we aren't too worried about

popularity,
lol. One issue is it is the name of my parent's dog and didn't think

about
that until today. I guess I don't think that's too weird though...maybe
*I'm* weird?

I knew a couple who had a cat named Gabrielle. Then they also named their
daughter Gabrielle. I thought that was kinda weird - lol.

I can see if it's your own pet, lol. We have a dog named Hanna and there's
no way I'd use that name for a baby!
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old June 1st 04, 12:10 PM
melizabeth

"JennP" wrote in message

"Sophie" wrote in message
True, but with a son named Matthew we aren't too worried about

popularity,
lol. One issue is it is the name of my parent's dog and didn't think

about
that until today. I guess I don't think that's too weird

though...maybe
*I'm* weird?

I knew a couple who had a cat named Gabrielle. Then they also named

their
daughter Gabrielle. I thought that was kinda weird - lol.

I can see if it's your own pet, lol. We have a dog named Hanna and there's
no way I'd use that name for a baby!
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

My friend named her dog Hannah and her sister yelled (good natured) at her
because that is what she wanted to name her little girl if she ever had one.

Old June 2nd 04, 06:30 PM
Karen

"JennP" wrote in message news:Uqysc.20003$af3.1083492@attbi_s51...
It's a girl!!!!! *Very* clearly a girl!

We were pretty surprised actually, but we are thrilled. Matthew was
surprisingly thrilled. In the week since we told him I was pregnant he kept
referring to the baby as he and would only talk about boy names. When the
u/s tech told us it's a girl his face just lit up. I think just knowing it
was *something* made it real for him.

Dh asked him if he had any girl names in mind and while hemming and hawing
the tech asked ds if he had any friends at school that he liked. Of course
he immediately piped up with Emma (his favorite girl at school) and we
actually like it. It's going on the short list. Grace was dh's grandmother
so that would be the middle name. Emma Grace. Short list though, we need to
come up with others, of course.

Congratulations on the perfect little girl !!
It all sounds so wonderful, I'm a tiny bit envious. There were so
many pregnant women walking around when we were on vacation last week.
I miss those belly-rubbing, life inside me days.

I vote for Emma Grace. Not that having a daughter named Grace and a
daughter named Emma would have anything to do with it:-)
Grace is Grace Juliette May and Emma is Emma Rose. My oldest girl is
Katherine Sara. I obviously go for the more old fashioned, traditional
girls names.
Old June 2nd 04, 07:07 PM
JennP

"Karen" wrote in message
om...

Congratulations on the perfect little girl !!
It all sounds so wonderful, I'm a tiny bit envious. There were so
many pregnant women walking around when we were on vacation last week.
I miss those belly-rubbing, life inside me days.

Thanks Karen! Now that I'm starting to feel her, I realized how much I
forgot how cool it is.

I vote for Emma Grace. Not that having a daughter named Grace and a
daughter named Emma would have anything to do with it:-)
Grace is Grace Juliette May and Emma is Emma Rose. My oldest girl is
Katherine Sara. I obviously go for the more old fashioned, traditional
girls names.

Funny. Both of those names are so pretty. Jeez, now that I'm seeing Emma
Grace in writing, I really like the way it looks!

BTW, one more appt. with Dr. Albini then I'm off to see the midwives!
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04