Dr. Phil

Old December 9th 03, 02:46 PM
Vickychick

Default Dr. Phil

"Dennis Here" youreply wrote in message ...
Vickychick wrote in message

So right. You must have patience. I am now teaching J and C to iron.

I taught both older boys to iron. When married I used to do most of it
anyway. After seperation I was the one who always sent them to school in an
ironed uniform. Still the same with Freddie's mother, uniform comes back
un-ironed on a Sunday night! Since I started work I have bought another.
Just before I came on line tonight I was supervising Freddie making cakes!
Real man's work. Trouble is we fight over who gets to scrape the bowl!

Dennis

BOTH a male and female child are doing the same chores and I do not
label them as "male or female" roles. That does not fly in my home.

You go Dennis!
Freddie will make a wonderful hubby & father one day I am sure, due to
his guidance from you!
Old December 9th 03, 03:30 PM
Lisa aka Surfer

"CME" wrote in message

"Lisa aka Surfer" wrote in message

"CME" wrote in message
newsXWAb.24078$d35.17514@edtnps84...

'Kate wrote in message

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:46:59 GMT, "CME"

Hey! I know how to do that!!! lol Being stranded on the highway

outside
of
Calgary with 2 adult women and 4 kids (one being an infant) sure

makes
girl learn quick.. but I will admit to changing into a tight shirt

get
us
help because EVERYONE passed us, and we did need some help (the

spare
was
flat... hey, it wasn't MY van. lol) And you want to know who ended

up
stopping after 2 hours??? A woman, then 2 more guys stopped 15 mins

after
her... I thought Albertans were supposed to be friendly? She even
followed
us to the Wal-Mart (on her spare) so we could buy a new tire.

Ahhh
summer holidays.

Christine

What a nice woman! We have a highway patrol.. the phone number is

on
the back of our window registration sticker. Getting stuck on the

side
of a highway is so dangerous.

'Kate

Uhh not here in Canada... honestly, that never even crossed my mind.

:|

Christine

I think that's a little naive, read the news. Even after only 10 years,

have seen a dramatic increase in the number of violent incidents in

Eastern
Ontario. Alberta is no exception.

Lisa

Uh no actually I'm not naive, I study crime in University... watching the
news is not an accurate portrayal of crime.

Christine

I'll give you that watching the news is not an accurate protrayal of crime.
That's just the stuff we hear about. Then there's all the **** that we
never hear about. Text books aside, Canada is not the safe bubble that we
would like to think. In comparison to other countries maybe, but, I think I
prefer to err on the side of caution.

Old December 9th 03, 03:36 PM
Lisa aka Surfer

"Dennis Here" youreply
wrote in message ...

Lisa aka Surfer wrote in message ...

Why Kate, how interesting, that's the exact man that PROPOSED TO ME on
Saturday.

Can you believe it? We're getting married ))))))

So I assume that you said yes then.
Was it a romantic bended knee job?
Just curious.
Congratulations!

Dennis

I definately said yes, well, once I got passed the o my gods
We had lunch at a very intimate spot, not quite what he was looking for but
lovely none the less. He did not get on bended knee, although he said that
he was going to if it had felt right. He was so sweet, he was shaking when
he held my hand across the table and proposed. The ring was in a beautiful
porcelain music box, still can't place the tune that it plays though. We
are both very excited and thrilled, to say the least.

Thanks for the congrats!!
Lisa

Old December 9th 03, 03:37 PM
Lisa aka Surfer

Default Congratualations

"Joelle" wrote in message
Lisa aka Surfer wrote in message ...

Why Kate, how interesting, that's the exact man that PROPOSED TO ME on
Saturday.

Can you believe it? We're getting married ))))))

I think news like this deserves it's own thread!

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Thanks Joelle!!! My poor friends, I'm going to be so obnoxious until the
wedding day! I've already been ring knocking with my girlfriends

Lisa

Old December 9th 03, 03:38 PM
Lisa aka Surfer

"CME" wrote in message

"Lisa aka Surfer" wrote in message

What would you personally
consider makes a 'good man' all political considerations aside?

A good man is a loving, kind, and considerate father. He stands by

his
children and spouse regardless of the ups and downs. He communicates
openly with his wife about the children and works with her as a united
team for the benefit of the family unit. He makes himself available

and
takes an interest in the children's interests. He wants to spend time
with them because he genuinely likes them.

As a husband, someone who asks, "How are you doing?" and means it.
Someone who is honest, open, trustworthy and will not betray my
confidences. Someone who sees me as a woman and not just a mother,
housekeeper, or any of the other roles that I take on in life... and

one
who cherishes the marriage by doing things that are special to us as a
couple. He would be intelligent and make me laugh but know when it's
time to be serious too. He would not be prone to angry outbursts but

be
passionate about life and have a wide range of interests. He must be
able to express himself without being demanding or putting others

down.

Why Kate, how interesting, that's the exact man that PROPOSED TO ME on
Saturday.

Can you believe it? We're getting married ))))))

Lisa

Congrats... at least one of us has got their happy ending. (Ya ya you
too Bri. lol)

Christine

Thanks Christine. I've always believed that we will all have a happy ending
in our own time

Lisa

Old December 9th 03, 03:40 PM
Lisa aka Surfer

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:11:42 -0500, "Lisa aka Surfer"

Why Kate, how interesting, that's the exact man that PROPOSED TO ME on
Saturday.

Can you believe it? We're getting married ))))))

Can I believe it??? Of course I can! You're a wonderful woman and
deserve every happiness. Mazel tov!

'Kate

LOL...awww thanks Kate. My son is thrilled, Peter is a wonderful man, and a
great Dad to Ben. This could not have been a better choice for us.

Lisa

Old December 9th 03, 03:41 PM
Lisa aka Surfer

"CME" wrote in message

"Dennis Here" youreply
wrote in message ...

CME wrote in message ...

"Dennis Here" wrote in message

I'll collect you from Dublin airport ;-)

LOL don't tease me Dennis... I'm a sucker for Irish men.

Phew!
Lucky I'm English :-p

Dennis

Ah well, then... but it's not like English men are exempt from the dashing
romantic stereotype.

Christine

Ever heard of Prince Charles? (couldn't resist)

Old December 10th 03, 01:08 AM
CME

'Kate wrote in message
[...]

I never said Canada was this glorious little haven, I'm just saying the
chances of our getting jacked on the side of the highway outside of Calgary
in the middle of broad daylight on one of the most busiest highways, is slim
to none. I prefer to live my life, not live it in fear of being victimized.

Christine

Old December 10th 03, 01:09 AM
CME

wrote in message ...

CME wrote in message ...

"Dennis Here" wrote in message

I'll collect you from Dublin airport ;-)

LOL don't tease me Dennis... I'm a sucker for Irish men.

Phew!
Lucky I'm English :-p

Dennis

Ah well, then... but it's not like English men are exempt from the

dashing
romantic stereotype.

Christine

Ever heard of Prince Charles? (couldn't resist)

Yeah but look at the ladies that swoon for him... ugh.

Christine

Old December 10th 03, 04:27 AM
CME

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:08:10 GMT, "CME"

I never said Canada was this glorious little haven, I'm just saying the
chances of our getting jacked on the side of the highway outside of

Calgary
in the middle of broad daylight on one of the most busiest highways, is

slim
to none. I prefer to live my life, not live it in fear of being

victimized.

Christine

Well... actually, I meant that when a car is stuck on the side of the
highway where other cars are driving very fast and very close to the
disabled car, the possibility of surviving a crash is decreased. The
number of cars on a busy highway is greater than the number of cars on a
side street. Sometimes a driver just drifts over, tired or distracted,
or thinks that there is a new lane and doesn't realize until it's too
late, that the car on the side is disabled and stopped. I have a friend
who lost his fiancee, one of her twin daughters, and the fiancee's best
friend that way. The driver of the car that hit her car as she was
exiting the vehicle took his eyes off the road to retrieve a CD player.
I hadn't even thought of being jacked.

'Kate

Well we were in a driveway of sorts... not to mention we have quite a large
whatchamacallit on the side of the highway... but yes, I see your point.

Christine