June 05 Where's Everyone At (Child Version)

Old June 8th 05, 01:46 AM
SuperEeyore

Default June 05 Where's Everyone At (Child Version)

How old are the kids?

What's the latest developmental stage?

What's your child's passion?

What's your kid's favorite thing (book or possession)?

Kid book review?

Favorite thing about being a parent?

Least favorite thing being a parent?

Laurel
--
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02
Old June 8th 05, 02:02 AM
Ericka Kammerer

SuperEeyore wrote:

How old are the kids?

#1 - 10
#2 - almost 8
#3 - almost 23 months

What's the latest developmental stage?

#1 - gasp increasing responsibility and maturity
#2 - sigh backtalk
#3 - temper, temper

What's your child's passion?

#1 - anticipating the end of the school year
#2 - basketball
#3 - climbing

What's your kid's favorite thing (book or possession)?

#1 - computer
#2 - DS
#3 - accessories (shoes, purse, etc.)

Kid book review?

#1 - finishing Julie of the Wolves for school and says it's
interesting
#2 - seems to be enjoying his Star Wars book
#3 - seems rather fond of Goodnight Gorilla

Favorite thing about being a parent?

Hugs and kisses, watching their hard work pay off

Least favorite thing being a parent?

laundry

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old June 8th 05, 02:17 AM
Tori M.

"SuperEeyore" wrote in message
How old are the kids?

3 years- Bonnie
7 months- Xavier

What's the latest developmental stage?

Bonnie- thats mine
Xavier-- crawling, pulling self to standing

What's your child's passion?

Bonnie- Snow White, Cimerella, drawing
Xavier- Bonnie, Me, Jeff spoons

What's your kid's favorite thing (book or possession)?

Her blankies and her leap pad

Kid book review?

Any, favorites are Cinderella and snow white

Favorite thing about being a parent?

Endless cuddles and kisses for your boo boos

Least favorite thing being a parent?

You can not give them back when you are tired and want to go home.

Tori

--
Xavier 10/04 "Hey mommy I can reach the middle of the coffee table if I
stand right here"

Old June 8th 05, 02:59 AM
Jamie Clark

How old are the kids?
- 2.5 years
- 8 months

What's the latest developmental stage?
- Severe Independence -- "No, I don't want to," "I can do it," and, "But I
want to."
- Standing and cruising. Finally sleeping through the night, knock wood.

What's your child's passion?
- Sadly, TV
- Standing up at everything.

What's your kid's favorite thing (book or possession)?
- Dollie, or anything that the little one has.
- Anything the big one has.

Kid book review?
- Loves Boynton's Dinosaurs To Go, and Doggies
- Loves to rip and chew up Entertainment Weekly and Sports Illustrated.
Can't tell if that is an endorsement or criticism.

Favorite thing about being a parent?
- Hugs and kisses before bed or before leaving the house without her for any
reason, "I need my hugs and kisses!" Having the amazing power to kiss away
booboos.
- Her gummy smile (two teeth) and giggles. The way her face lights up when
she sees me, and she wiggles her hips in her crib.

Least favorite thing being a parent?
- infrequent temper tantrums, not getting a minute alone, being constantly
followed from room to room, being "terrorized" by her little sister --
"Mama, she's touching it/me"
- not getting a minute alone, being constantly followed from room to room
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03 -- My Big Girl, who goes pee pee and poo poo on the
potty!
Addison Grace, 9/30/04 -- The Standing Fool, who climbs to standing every
chance she gets!

Guest
Password

Old June 8th 05, 04:03 AM
Kerry D

SuperEeyore wrote:
How old are the kids?

27 months

What's the latest developmental stage?

Wanting to know what's going on with anyone and everyone - "who's that?
what are they doing? where are they going? what's his name?"

What's your child's passion?

any park with a decent playground

What's your kid's favorite thing (book or possession)?

dolls are big right now, closely followed by her train set

Kid book review?

Our consistent bedtime trio, all by Richard Scarry: "A Visit to the
Hospital", "Freddy Fox Visits the Doctor", and "A Hospital Story" -
where she got this hospital fixation I don't know, she's fortunately
healthy as a horse and hasn't spent any time there since she was born!

Favorite thing about being a parent?

Watching her take in things like a sponge.

Least favorite thing being a parent?

Currently, dealing with the constant contrariness - hopefully the "no"
stage won't last too long!

Old June 8th 05, 04:17 AM
Nikki

SuperEeyore wrote:
How old are the kids?

Hunter: 6yo
Luke: 4yo

What's the latest developmental stage?

Hunter: Number explosion
Luke: Fears. He's suddenly afraid of everything.

What's your child's passion?

Hunter: Riding bike, go-cart - Just started PeeWee baseball
Luke: going fishing, playing in the water.

What's your kid's favorite thing (book or possession)?

Hunter: Money sigh
Luke: His MoeMoe (stuffed lamb)

Kid book review?

Hunter: Captain Underpants
Luke: Anything, he loves to read books

Favorite thing about being a parent?

Doing some bigger kid things now that both are a touch older. Watching them
getting along and imaginative play. Hugs and cuddles.

Least favorite thing being a parent?

Bicker, hitting each other, Luke's talking back.

--
Nikki

Old June 8th 05, 04:22 AM
Unadulterated Me

SuperEeyore wrote:
How old are the kids?

Oscar is 8 weeks old, I can't believe how fast that has gone.

What's the latest developmental stage?

Giggles and noises. Random little gasps and squeals that he makes and
surprises himself even.

What's your child's passion?

Me :-)

What's your kid's favorite thing (book or possession)?

Me :-)

Kid book review?

Oscar can't read yet, give him a week or two and I'll have him type one
up for you.

Favorite thing about being a parent?

Watching their interactions, seeing them blossom into little people, the
love, the hugs, the kisses, the infinite drawings and art works created
for my walls. The entertainment, the laughs, the conversations, the
growing, the challenging, the fun.

Least favorite thing being a parent?

The dramas, fights and bitch fests.

The latest pictures of Oscar are in his album.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid7235646

--
Andrea
Mum to 12
Old June 8th 05, 07:12 AM
cara

SuperEeyore wrote:
How old are the kids?

*dd - 5
**dd - 14 months

What's the latest developmental stage?

*learning to read, sounding out letters, getting ready for kindy
**walking...finally! But still very cautious

What's your child's passion?

*lately, snorkeling and swimming
**just hanging out and watching big sis

What's your kid's favorite thing (book or possession)?

*changes too often to tell
**ditto above!

Kid book review?

*sand to sea with the latest snorkeling obsession
**goodnight moon is a fave, as are most lift the flap type books like
Dear Zoo

Favorite thing about being a parent?

Watching the girls interact and enjoy each other

Least favorite thing being a parent?

The constancy of it, I could use more silent moments in life
Old June 8th 05, 09:31 AM
Jenrose

PIggybacking as server ate the first post

SuperEeyore wrote:

How old are the kids?

1: Almost 12
2: 2 1/2 months

What's the latest developmental stage?

1: Making plans and getting places on her own on the city bus, besides
school.
2: Tongue clicking and chortling, smiling because she sees ME.

What's your child's passion?

1: Violin, music in general, dragons, camp this summer
2: My boobs

What's your kid's favorite thing (book or possession)?

1: Gameboy
2: My boobs

Kid book review?

1: Artemis Fowl, anything by Tamora Pierce, Harry Potter, and delving into
some more "grown up" sci fi and fantasy. She's starting to raid MY shelves.
2: She drools on whatever I happen to be reading, and/or comes off the boob
at just the right moment so I end up squirting my book.

Favorite thing about being a parent?

1: Seeing what a cool amazing kid she's turning into. I *like* her.
2: She's my snuzzy wuzzy wuggy wuddly cuddly widdle babykins! (Which is what
I say when she just snuggles up to me with her head just below my chin like
it's the best place to be in the whole wide world. sigh letdown)

Least favorite thing being a parent?

1: Walking a fine line between being the nice mom because I like her and
respect her and having to avoid rescuing her from her natural consequences.
i.e. she's been forgetting her lunch and I hate feeling like I can't take it
to her.

2: The sheer unrelentingness of it. It's not any one part of parenting, I
don't mind diapers, laundry, nursing, there's just no letup. DD1 has been
pretty independent for years and years, so it's been a shock to my system.
Actually I think my least favorite is what parenting has done to my body. I
feel like an old woman, and my boobs hurt. Must go wake baby to make her
nurse.

Jenrose

Old June 8th 05, 10:59 AM
Chookie

In article ,
SuperEeyore wrote:

How old are the kids?

4y3mo and 10 days

What's the latest developmental stage?

DS1 -- burping, playing computer games like mini golf, and reading :-0
DS2 -- BFing, pooing, sleeping, and hating being changed or bathed

What's your child's passion?

DS1 -- computer games
DS2 -- breast milk

What's your kid's favorite thing (book or possession)?

DS1 -- the Tardis and K9, which keep appearing around the house
DS2 -- Mummy's (.)(.)

Kid book review?

DS1 -- Thomas
DS2 -- hasn't been awake long enough yet

Favorite thing about being a parent?

DS1 -- having an affectionate little boy
DS2 -- his good health and sleeping patterns

Least favorite thing being a parent?

DS1 -- having to pull him up a lot at the moment for direct disobedience
DS2 -- broken sleep

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.