Bibs that really work?

Old June 3rd 07, 11:26 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

Default Bibs that really work?

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 14:25:24 -0700, Anne Rogers wrote:

I'm not sure how to describe the one we have. It's
old--my parents used this one for my sister and a similar
one for myself, and they weren't new then. They're wooden
chairs that are small and tall, but they don't have a
crossbar or anything like that so there aren't a lot of
places to trap food. Cleaning it up is just like cleaning
a regular all-wood dining chair.

I know what you mean, we had one on loan for a while, but I've never seen
one to buy.

They sell them at IKEA.
Old June 4th 07, 02:05 AM posted to misc.kids
JennP.

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Chris wrote:

He is 19 months old and he never purposely drops things or throws
them. It is all just stuff that doesn't particularly stick to a spoon
or a fork well that falls down the front of the bib.

Hmm. Maybe we just eat different food! ;-) I wouldn't
say my kids were unusually good with utensils by that age, and
they didn't emerge from mealtime pristine, but there weren't
huge messes on the floor and we didn't routinely chuck them in
the tub after dinner either. Maybe we just had fewer sauces ;-)

I don't know. I kind of think sauces would be easier to clean. It's the
crumbs that kill me! Some days I feel like making everyone eat outside. My
dh included.

JennP.

Old June 4th 07, 02:45 AM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Chris wrote:

He is 19 months old and he never purposely drops things or throws
them. It is all just stuff that doesn't particularly stick to a spoon
or a fork well that falls down the front of the bib.

Hmm. Maybe we just eat different food! ;-) I wouldn't
say my kids were unusually good with utensils by that age, and
they didn't emerge from mealtime pristine, but there weren't
huge messes on the floor and we didn't routinely chuck them in
the tub after dinner either. Maybe we just had fewer sauces ;-)

I don't know. I kind of think sauces would be easier to clean. It's the
crumbs that kill me! Some days I feel like making everyone eat outside. My
dh included.

Oh, I don't mind the stuff that has to be swept up
so much. It's the wet, icky stuff that gets ground into things
that drives me nuts.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old June 5th 07, 01:32 AM posted to misc.kids
Clisby

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Chris wrote:

On Jun 3, 12:02?am, Ericka Kammerer wrote:

Mine insisted on feeding themselves as well. One
thing that was different for us is that we use a tall chair
pulled up to the table, rather than a fabric-covered, padded
high chair with a tray. It was easy to clean up, and they
could be pulled up close to the table, which helped lessen
the amount of food on the lap.

Hmmm. I do remember the booster seat days where we had that in the
regular kitchen chair pulled up to the kitchen table.....my first boy
was okay with it if I recall correctly, but we found food underneath
it and in it all of the time with my second, a girl, for years it
seemed.

I'm not sure how to describe the one we have. It's
old--my parents used this one for my sister and a similar
one for myself, and they weren't new then. They're wooden
chairs that are small and tall, but they don't have a
crossbar or anything like that so there aren't a lot of
places to trap food. Cleaning it up is just like cleaning
a regular all-wood dining chair.

Something like this?

http://www.mcclellanelmsantiques.com...op_800x600.jpg

My mother has a couple similar to this - we always called them high
chairs. (To me, a high chair doesn't have to have a tray, or crossbars,
or any padding - it just has a seat higher than a regular chair.) The
ones my mother owns have the little foot rest like the one in the photo.

Clisby

lol. She is now 7 and while the mess in the seat and on the
floor is almost nonexistent (occasional clumsiness), I have to wonder
when on earth this child will learn to eat while keeping food out of
her hair and start having more direct hits into her mouth. lol. No,
she really makes it into her mouth fine, but she must do this lip-
licking maneuver that spreads the food out around her mouth about a
good quarter-inch. lol. She is no dainty little flower.

Yeah, my 3yo isn't either. She's not allowed to come
to the table unless her hair is up ;-) Otherwise, she gets
all sorts of stuff in her hair, mostly because she turns around
and isn't aware of what her hair is up to.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old June 5th 07, 03:40 AM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Clisby wrote:

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Chris wrote:

[...]

Ours is similar, except the seat is wood and there's
no foot rest and the lines are simpler.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old June 5th 07, 03:42 AM posted to misc.kids
Chris

Chris wrote:

He is 19 months old and he never purposely drops things or throws
them. It is all just stuff that doesn't particularly stick to a spoon
or a fork well that falls down the front of the bib.

Hmm. Maybe we just eat different food! ;-) I wouldn't
say my kids were unusually good with utensils by that age, and
they didn't emerge from mealtime pristine, but there weren't
huge messes on the floor and we didn't routinely chuck them in
the tub after dinner either. Maybe we just had fewer sauces ;-)

I don't know. I kind of think sauces would be easier to clean. It's the
crumbs that kill me! Some days I feel like making everyone eat outside. My
dh included.

JennP.

Yes, particularly the types of things that don't wipe up with one trip
from sink to seat. lol. The crumb-type things, depending on the items
specifically, usually require that I either scooch the chair close to
the sink to avoid three wipe, shake out, rinse and wring trips. lol.

Work! Bev Single Parents 0 June 8th 06 03:38 PM
He *CAN* work! Joelle Single Parents 7 March 18th 04 11:57 AM
Beautiful Personalized Christening Bibs Peggy Twins & Triplets 0 February 24th 04 01:29 PM
Work Irish Marie Breastfeeding 3 November 19th 03 05:15 AM