Obtaining Custody

Old December 3rd 05, 11:33 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Obtaining Custody

Hi Ron,

If it's convenient, can you give me the name of the subj thread? After
reading about 300 messages, I can't find it...

I appreciate your time, thank you

TW

"Werebat" wrote in message

Yep, that's the way it is.

I... ahem... heard of someone who recently posted here who was in a
similar situation.

- Ron ^*^

~dudemaster wrote:

Thanks Ron

Unfortunately, I'll likely end up paying "at least" 6 months worth of
child support (about $3,800) until I can (maybe) get the courts to drop
it... Until then, I'm saddled with the loving burden of paying for
EVERYTHING with NO support.

She's also a STUPID greedy bitch if she thinks she can keep you paying CS
after you've got physical custody.

More power to you!

- Ron ^*^

Old December 6th 05, 12:58 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Obtaining Custody--the successful method

Mom just decided to let dad have custody beginning this next half of the
school year!! (Hurrayy!!!) One catch... Dad must continue to pay mom
child support because she is a greedy bitch.... (did I just write that?)

So what else is new. Here is the deal, the only successful method I
have ever seen work--and I have seen it work many times--is for
you to have physical custody and pay fully for the child's expenses
and still make payments as usual to your ex-wife. No ****! Yes,
it does not make sense and no, it is not right. But you cannot argue
with success and after all, is your interest in the money or in your
child?

Sure, people will tell you that if the ex gives you custody then
she cannot simply get it back later--wrong. And they will tell you
that you do not have to pay her money for a child living with
you--wrong. Yeah, things may work out for you (and I wish
they do) but let's not miss the forest for the trees. Governments,
(including this one, remember Jim Crow, Japanese internments, etc.,
etc.) have an established history of advertising justice while
enforcing politically motivated oppression. Tell me that I'm wrong.

Old December 6th 05, 12:39 PM posted to alt.child-support

Thanks for the comment, and -- I didn't hesitate to say, "YES, I'LL TAKE
HER!" when my Ex offered me the deal. Having my daughter is much more
important, and I'd pay "everything I have forever" in order to keep her...
She knows that, and she wants to live with me.

I've removed that from the legal debate entirely, and my line of thought
falls in line with your's.

Once I have custody, I have to:

(a) file a report with the local city court indicating that I have custody
contrary to the original custody agreement
(b) after 3 months, I file again indicating a continuance of the custody
(c) after 6 months I appeal for a change of venue and ask for an appearance
before a judge to review the custody hearing and appoint myself as the
primary custody parent

THEN -- during that court appearance, I'll ask to have child support
reversed to pay for the previous 6 months of care and then stop (I'm not a
greedy asshole). However, the judge "may" order the mother to pay a set
amount forever, that's the prerogative of the court.

Thanks again for your comment It was well received

Warmest regards,
LT

Old December 6th 05, 06:14 PM posted to alt.child-support

~dudemaster wrote:
: Thanks for the comment, and -- I didn't hesitate to say, "YES, I'LL TAKE
: HER!" when my Ex offered me the deal. Having my daughter is much more
: important, and I'd pay "everything I have forever" in order to keep her...
: She knows that, and she wants to live with me.

: I've removed that from the legal debate entirely, and my line of thought
: falls in line with your's.

: Once I have custody, I have to:

: (a) file a report with the local city court indicating that I have custody
: contrary to the original custody agreement
: (b) after 3 months, I file again indicating a continuance of the custody
: (c) after 6 months I appeal for a change of venue and ask for an appearance
: before a judge to review the custody hearing and appoint myself as the
: primary custody parent

You may consult an attorney and see if you can file for Child Support right
after the custody change is made. That way the CS would be payble from
that date forward. Note that due to public policy law, parents CANNOT
waive child support. They can only choose to make it zero or whatever but
at any time, you may reinstate the legal guideline for child support.

I'd go for changing custody ASAP vs. waiting 6-9 months. That way you'll
minimize your payment of "child support" to a grown woman that requires
it to live whilst you are actually supporting the child. In fact,
you may consider having *her* pay *you* child support at the end of the
mess.

b.
Old December 6th 05, 08:15 PM posted to alt.child-support

Hi Barry,

You may consult an attorney and see if you can file for Child Support
right
after the custody change is made. That way the CS would be payble from
that date forward. Note that due to public policy law, parents CANNOT

Unfortunately, I can't seek child support right away. The child's mother
is granting me, [quote] "Temporary Custody". She doesn't have an attorney
but she believes that by producing a document that states she is granting me
temporary custody, that it's enough. And it is in short order.

However, she has 'no intention' of getting my kiddo back.

After talking with City Hall, I have to wait until I have custody 184 days,
and "then" I can seek permanent custody. By filing periodic papers with the
city, I'm simply documenting (showing without a doubt) the amount of time
I've had her. Therefore, after 6 months, I can request the custody document
be amended and I can be made the primary custodian. THEN we can have child
support reversed or stopped.

You are absolutely right about the 'waver' issue regarding child support.
I'm not 100% certain what I want yet. I'd like to get back the money that
she (essentially extorted) from me for the previous 6 months, but outside of
that, I just want her to be the child's mother and have proper visitation
rights. But, in order to get that 6 months of support back, I may just have
to let the court follow the course. If she hires an attorney and attempts
to fight (not that she can afford it), perhaps I could use that "threat of
child support" as leverage to get her to drop the case entirely.

Ohhh what a mess.... Ya know, this is on top of the fact I'm full time
active duty military on my last tour 1.5yrs from retirement (pushing papers
stateside), and I'm a full time collage student... At the same time, I
couldn't be any happier.. My daughter is coming home

Thanks for your help, suggestions and support!!
LT

Old December 12th 05, 12:51 AM posted to alt.child-support

help is available for divorcing fathers at http://www.fathersrights.org
"~dudemaster" wrote in message
I kind of need a pointer here... (if that's ok)..

Background: I have an 11yr old daughter who lives with her mom, child
custody was awarded in our divorce decree along with child support.

I'm one of those good dads who lives 270miles away, but sees his little
girl several times per month, holidays and summer time.

Well, she want's to live with dad, but mom hasn't let her. Mom isn't a
bad mother, daughter and mom just don't get along.

Mom just decided to let dad have custody beginning this next half of the
school year!! (Hurrayy!!!) One catch... Dad must continue to pay mom
child support because she is a greedy bitch.... (did I just write that?)

We were divorced in a state that doesn't believe in alimony, and she has
since remarried anyway (going through ANOTHER divorce) and she claims she
really needs the money....

Well -- I (dad) agreed because (I) dad loves his daughter and would do
anything to have her.

The bottom line is, how can I get her and not pay child support too??? It
just doesn't seem fair.... If I have to pay it AND Have custody, then so
be it.. But, what kind of rights to I have and what kind of precedence is
there for a case like this?

Thanks!!!!
Good dad totally into his kiddo...