NIP - positive experience

Old June 19th 06, 04:46 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default NIP - positive experience

I was bf 22 mo DS today whilst we were at the shops, when a 40-ish lady came
up and quietly said how nice it was to see an "older child" being breastfed.
We chatted briefly and it turns out that she is a local GP. Since our own
GP (and indeed the philosophy of the whole practise) is a staunch advocate
of the benefits of breastfeeding (including extended breastfeeding), I
thought it was great to know that we seem to have a few GPs around our area
who understand how fantastic bf is.

It was also nice to get some positive feedback when NIP. ...not that I've
ever had RL negative feedback though.

Amanda

Old June 20th 06, 08:12 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

FlowerGirl wrote:

It was also nice to get some positive feedback when NIP. ...not that I've
ever had RL negative feedback though.

Amanda

I haven't ever recieved negative feedback about NIP either. However, I
run a restaurant with my dh, and also am renovating a house. I have to
laugh about sometimes when I nurse the baby either in the restaurant or
in my car. A guy will come up to ask me something, and then get so
flustered! I mean, they seem to spend half their lifetimes trying to
get free peeks at boobies, but when you're nursing? Oh my goodness,
what do we say? What do we do? We turn red and walk away....quickly.

Stasya

Old June 21st 06, 09:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"stasya" wrote in message
ups.com...

FlowerGirl wrote:

It was also nice to get some positive feedback when NIP. ...not that

I've
ever had RL negative feedback though.

Amanda

I haven't ever recieved negative feedback about NIP either. However, I
run a restaurant with my dh, and also am renovating a house. I have to
laugh about sometimes when I nurse the baby either in the restaurant or
in my car. A guy will come up to ask me something, and then get so
flustered! I mean, they seem to spend half their lifetimes trying to
get free peeks at boobies, but when you're nursing? Oh my goodness,
what do we say? What do we do? We turn red and walk away....quickly.

LOL - they can be so funny.

One of DH's oldest mates "A" used to make it his mission in life to
*overtly* ogle my boobs as much as he possibly could (he's a real larrikin
so he can be forgiven).

I had to laugh when we caught up at a party when DD was about 6 mo. I'd
placed myself in a comfy chair in the loungeroom to bf DD and was chatting
with a group of women ... "A" came in to ask a question, saw me and DD, he
turned bright red, slapped his hand over his eyes and backed out of the room
and asked from around the corner out of view.
....something about them suddenly realising what breasts are really for
Amanda