Potty regression when second twin starts training

Old March 26th 04, 11:22 PM
Ellen Kmetz

Default Potty regression when second twin starts training

Hi everyone,

Alex finally started going potty today. He did well with pee but had a poop
accident...he went on the floor while I was vaccuming and couldn't hear him
calling me (he had no underwear on at the time). He was very upset and I just
kept telling him that it was OK, it was just an accident, etc.

Fast forward to a couple hours later...I was upstairs helping him to pee on the
potty and I heard Bradley calling me. When I finished with A. I went
downstairs to see B. standing just outside the front door with his pants down.
He said he had to poop but couldn't find me, so he just went outside (!) Sure
enough, right there on the front step....(imagine who was driving by and saw
*that*) and all he said was "it was just an accident", just like I kept telling
Alex when he did it.

I know it's early yet, but I was worried about this happening. B. can see the
big deal we are making about A., and of course he's going to want a piece of
that action! FWIW, he has been totally trained since August and does not
require my help to go pee or poop. Any thoughts/insight would be greatly
appreciated!

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Old March 27th 04, 04:56 AM
Missy in Indiana

Any thoughts/insight would be greatly
appreciated!

Well you said, "any" It's obvious that I am always a step or two behind you
because of ages, etc. I *do* remember reading about this or hearing about it
before. So, although it doesn't make it any easier, at least it's common.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking that it may be a good thing to go ahead
and repeat all the fuss over Bradley as if he's just learning again. Maybe he
just needs equal praise even though it's something you've already praised and
he's mastered. I don't know...that's all I can think of right now.

I feel for you, though. I was always impressed that you managed to PT Bradley
and not pressure Alex at the same time. Keeping that in mind, you'll get
Bradley through this minor setback with flying colors!

Good luck!
Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)