new here!!

Old June 28th 03, 12:21 PM
Tiffany

Default new here!!

CME wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

CME wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Maureen Seufert wrote in message
hi guys..im new here..found this siite while searching the

web......wow
i can sympathize with you guys.....im working.....but its

considered
part time...i get 7 an hr but also get comision(spelling)....i

have
been
there 8 yrs...my rent etc has gone up.....i have asked for a raise

4
x.....and told that because i get commison.....i have to "earn

what
im
worth" its in the telemarketing field and with the new pa do not

call
list well sales are down im getting 200 $ less then what i was
making....i could only pay half my rent.....and the landlord says

if
dont come up with the rest my the end of the month they are taking

me
court....so i have been looking for another job.....i hate the one

do
now but with my situation i have to keep that one and do something
during the day....which means my 12 yr old and 6 yr old will be

with
there dad and sitter most of the week im so down.......my x is no
help....keeps telling me this is my punishment for getting

div......im
also having problems witih my 12 yr old son....before i was div i

had
discipline problems with him but since sep and div had been worse

the
child has no respect for me when i tell his dad he just shrugs his
shoulders......my son called me a name right in front of his

dad...his
dad just said "patrick u shouldnt call your mother that" if i said

my
mom what he said and MY father was there id have no tongue left in

my
head!!!!!!!!!! i have a b/f and my b/f knows how he is and cnat

stand
him and my son feels the same towards him.......i just feel like

running
away sometimes.....all the stress i am under......i came here to

offer
advice but i need to vent today......to see if anyone else is

going
through same things with kids? and i feel sooo much

guilt......with
the
div having to have to work 2 jobs now......i feel like a horrible
mom......

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just

running
together....

Whatever.

Wow Tiff, anything you'd like to talk about? I've never seen you so

snippy.

Christine

Not a thing. Just calling it like I see it. Thanks for your concern

though.

How are the boys?

They're great, today was the last day of school, so we're excited about
spending the summer together (yeah, I'm taking it off for the first time

in
7 years). Besides, I needed the break from school, 3 years round the

clock
has taken its toll. lol

Christine

Good for you. I usually have any easy summer, due to a decline in business
but so far that hasn't happen yet. There is always next week. lol
You take it easy for sure, you deserve it!

Old June 29th 03, 06:23 PM
CME

"Rolly The Pervert" wrote in message

"CME" wrote in message

"Kristen313" wrote in message

I hope you're feeling well at this point.

Very well, thank you much. Surgery and a 2 month stay in the hospital

took
care of a great deal of it.If you give yourself time to get to know

people,
sit back a bit, and
then post calmly on single parenting topics, I am quite certain

you'll
be as welcome here as anyone.

Cele

Again, thank you, but I doubt I will ever be welcome.

Pah, if *I* can be welcome, then hell ya the door is open. lol Man, I
recall a time I had it in for Dennis, Joelle, Paul F and Steve... but

not
all at the same time mind you. lmao

You forgot me and L

Christine

If you're meaning Lorian, I've never had a problem with her.

Christine

Old July 1st 03, 07:12 PM
Dennis Here

eweber1wrote in message ...

Dennis, no offense, but I wanted to help where spell check couldn't

No offence but you spelt offense wrong for where I live ;-)
Thanks for the correction.
Dennis

Old July 1st 03, 09:51 PM

In ,
Dennis Here youreply
typed:
eweber1wrote in message ...

Dennis, no offense, but I wanted to help where spell check couldn't

No offence but you spelt offense wrong for where I live ;-)
Thanks for the correction.
Dennis

Of course I did, Dennis. After all I am American...heehee.
:-)

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

Old July 4th 03, 09:13 PM
dolores

"Maureen Seufert" wrote in message
hi guys..im new here..found this siite while searching the web......

Same way I did.....purely by accident.

which means my 12 yr old and 6 yr old will be with
there dad and sitter most of the week im so down.......

Maureen are you feeling bad cos your children are not with you all day, or
cos of the financial difficulties or what?

I can only empathise with you and say that most of us have been there too.
I worked 7 days a week most weeks, before that I was at college and hardly
spoke to the kids let alone cooked for them for that time.......but it payed
off in the end.....but if you keep at it, you'll find things will get
easier.

If you think you should be earning more why dont you change jobs.
Unfortuanately handing our children over to someone else whilst we work is
unavoidable for the most of us single parents. But you can take heart from
the fact that you're not alone, and if you have a good relationship with
your kids when you *are* with them, then you're already on the winning road
and miles ahead of many other parents......both single *and* married I might
add.

my x is no
help....keeps telling me this is my punishment for getting div......

I dont know the circumstances behind the divorce and dont want to berate
your ex, when the divorce could have been down to you......Need more detail.

im
also having problems witih my 12 yr old son....before i was div i had
discipline problems with him but since sep and div had been worse the
child has no respect for me when i tell his dad he just shrugs his
shoulders......my son called me a name right in front of his dad...

Do you have any parenting advice groups in your area? It might be worth a
visit. I dont know what your son called you or why he was rude to you, but
I'd reckon he's having a hard time with your divorce. Also, some of the
others here would be better at responding to this, I rule with a rod of iron
in my house and wont even consider rudeness towards me as a problem......cos
it just aint going to happen.......PERIOD.......( ;~(((.....famous last
words of a mother of pre-teen boys). Now that I think of it, maybe it's
related to his age. How'd ya like to join Betsy and I in comparing notes,
and helping each other through the next 10 years............My hair just
went gray....lolol... :~)))

i just feel like running
away sometimes.....

If you think being a single parent is hard.......I would say that running
away would be a lot harder to cope with, and you would spend the rest of
your life steeped in guilt, it would tear you to bits......A break might be
an idea though, could your family take the kids for a couple of days maybe,
give you a little time out?

all the stress i am under......i came here to offer
advice

Like I said....you are welcome to join Betsy and I (assuming Betsy doesnt
mind.....do you Betsy?)

but i need to vent today......to see if anyone else is going
through same things with kids?

LOL......Oh yes!!!......I can understand excatly where you are coming from
and how you feel. I'm assuming here (and no insult intended) that you are
kind, loving and warm towards your children. That you dont hurl abuse at
them, ignore them or make them feel unwanted or unloved.....I only say this
cos you dont say much about your relationship with your children or your
parenting style, and unfortuanately there are too many parents that *do*
behave this way with their children) I;m in no way implying that you
are......at all

However, yes!! Most s/p go through the whole spectrum of emotions, some are
better able/equipped to deal with them and being a s/p others are not. But
what you have got to really realise is that *you* are the only that can
change your life....no one else......and once you really believe this then
it will happen as a matter of course, cos you wont let things stop you......

and i feel sooo much guilt......

Normal, Normal, normal......I used to feel guilt for all sorts of
reasons......but I think every single parent feels too much guilt.......for
whatever reason. I blame married people for that......LOLOL

with the
div having to have to work 2 jobs now......i feel like a horrible
mom......

Only you can answer that .......and your kids when they are older.....But if
you feel there are areas that lack in your parenting, then post it and get
feedback. If you think you are a horrible mom cos you work 2 jobs and a
divorce then you are a very lucky woman compared to some parents.....Do you
hit them, hurl abuse at them, leave them unnattened (the 6 y/o) etc
etc.....Some parents do.....and *they* are the ones that really should feel
guilt. Not a single parent that is working her ass off just to pay the bills
and doesnt get a heck of a lot of time with them.

Maureen, maybe you could post more information and get some support. That
is what this group is here for. I'm not great at words of wisdom, but some
here are far better and far more experienced than I. Also, (now where's
Maureen our regular) some have gone through hell and back for their kids and
come out the other end smiling. One mother that used to post here actually
bailed her husband out of jail just so her kids could see him.......I was
amazed at her. You wouldn't believe what some parents have gone
through.....You sound luckier than most.....but like me you may not realise
it for years.......

One thing though......you have a 12 y/o son.....seems as though you've got a
fair few years parenting under your belt......but yet you sound like a new
s/p or not used to fending for your self......Maybe I missed something.

Dolores

Old July 4th 03, 09:20 PM
dolores

"Cele" wrote in message
On 27 Jun 2003 03:17:05 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
together....

Whatever.

Just another example of someone trying to get a little support, and you
responding with a nasty comment. Do you know how to be kind? Is your life
really that bad?

Kirsten, if it was, would this response make it better, and more
likely she'd be helpful, or worse?

Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
who people are before you post. Learn a little about them, what they
face, what they've been through, what they've done about it. People
here are mostly pretty decent people, but everyone's got a story,
y'know. I expect you do too. In a big room full of people you didn't
know, you'd probably get to know 'em a bit before getting into the
heavy talking, right? You'd wait to see how the land lay, who might
have some shared experiences, stuff like that. You probably wouldn't
vent straight off....at least, I don't suppose most people would.
It's not so very different here.

If you've got some things you want to talk about with respect to
single parenting, why not start a new thread, toss out some thoughts
(but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff), and see what kind of
response you get to that? Most people can separate from a flame war
and cut to the chase. I'd certainly respond to posts like that with my
best efforts at support, and so, I think, would lots of other people.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

Cele

THAT has got to be one of the most patronising posts I've ever
read.......and I've been on the group about 5 years I think (absences
excluded).

I actually took the time to read the post and appreciate that not everyone
is endowed with good grammer. The original poster may well be
dislexic....we dont know. Did any of ye think to ask.....doubt it!! (Mind
you, it is a long thread and havent read them all.......so I am open to
being corrected....this time)

On reading the post I think it's genuine and the poor girl is having a bad
time. Well she must be....to come out with a statement that she is a bad
mother......I was there once.....I thought *I* was a bad mother.....so I
know how it feels......Unfortuantely I wasn't lucky enough to have family
nearby or ASSP.

Jesus!!....Some of ye that have joined this group are real arrogant
arseholes! Just my 2cents!

Dolores

Old July 4th 03, 09:26 PM
dolores

"Kristen313" wrote in message
I might be way off base here, but I've just got this suspicion that
you're new to Usenet? If so, really think about what I'm suggesting.

I will definitely think about what you are saying. I am not new to

Usenet.
I've been very involved in 2 other groups for years due to a chronic

medical
illness.
No, I definitely don't think you can't find support here.

If the truth were to be known, I'm sure everyone would be happy for me to

go
away, which is most likely what will happen.

Maureen probably felt the same too....I scrolled down and cant see any other
post from her.....I really thought she was genuine.....

Dont leave the group on the *assholes* account.......cos that's what most of
them are......assholes.....Not that I;m any angel either, but if some is
genuinely in need of advice then they shouldn't ran out of the group cos
they dont type well....We all have our weakness........lol......not me
though!!..wink

Paul will be very happy, I'm
sure.

Paul Fritz you mean.......who gives a **** what he thinks....I recall
telling him to **** off last year.......reckon he cant read too
well......Block his message if he bothers you......I'm sure I'm on plenty
k/files.......and do I care.......no!......boohoo

Dolores

Old July 4th 03, 09:46 PM
dolores

"Kristen313" wrote in message

Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.

Come on, do you really believe that?

Could have saved myself a post.....and just typed Agreed on this one......ah
welll.....I reply as I read, other wise I get lost....and that aint
hard....lol

Dolores