reliable autism stats?

Old November 11th 07, 12:23 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine
Jan Drew

Default reliable autism stats?

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Kevysmom wrote:
What you posted wasn't a "masters thesis", it was a "mass of feces".
Do make a note of it & discontinue posting.

Actually, it was Andrew trash mouth Kingoff who wrote that.

Mark is a deceiver as well as a proven liar.

Debbee is not the subject.

Mark likes to insult and answer for his gang members.

Old November 11th 07, 12:24 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine
Jan Drew

nothing worth repeating.
Old November 11th 07, 12:52 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
.. .
Kevysmom wrote:

I dont have spell check, But I would like it. Tell me how I can get
it?

If you insist on posting through Google Groups rather than using a
real newsreader, get the Google toolbar. It has a feature which allows
spell checking inside web forms.

Note Peter has never said one word about the MANY misspellings of his buddy
Mark Probert.

Donna asked a question about spell checkers. I answered politely, even
though Donna and I disagree about a lot of things.

You, on the other hand, could not help but spit vitriol. (And vitriol
is 32.7% sulphur.)

--
Peter Bowditch

Lies and spam deleted.

Please list the lies in my sig, Jan.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old November 11th 07, 07:58 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine
Kevysmom[_2_]

LOL!! OK, Thanks widget! )

On Nov 10, 7:07 am, SanHolo wrote:
On Nov 10, 12:59 pm, wrote:

On Nov 9, 9:45 pm, Kevysmom wrote:

I told you not to take that personally. I just wanted to make sure
people are able to google what you are talking about, which they are
not if they google for GABBA.

I didnt really take it personal, It was an honest mistake.

Why would anyone who is researching GABA read the google board?
When I want to know something I dont get my information from google
groups!

I'm not worrying about researchers, I'm talking about people who read
this board. Yes, you can google for "gabba", but that does not lead
you to GABA, and that's the problem.

BTW, use a Mac if you want system-wide spell checking. ;-)

That was me. Looks like I was logged in with another account...- Hide quoted text -

Old November 12th 07, 11:05 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine
Kevysmom[_2_]

If you insist on posting through Google Groups rather than using a
real newsreader, get the Google toolbar. It has a feature which allows
spell checking inside web forms.

I love my new google toolbar! But I still made some mistakes, God help
when I am tired! )

I wrote now instead of know. I wish there was a program that would
find these errors as well! LOL

The Millenium Projecthttp://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
Australian Council Against Health Fraudhttp://www.acahf.org.au
Australian Skepticshttp://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Old November 13th 07, 12:54 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine
Mark Probert

Kevysmom wrote:
It's the GABA-receptor

Thank You, I really do need a proof reader to correct my many
mistakes!

Taking and passing high school chemisgtry would also help alot.

The type of seizures my son has is only controlled using
benzodiazepines. There is a Benzodiazepine
site on the Gaba Receptor.

When a person has a prolonged seizure and is rushed to the ER, They
use Benzodiazpines to stop the seizure.
Some children need to be on Benzo's everyday.

The importance of glutamate, glycine, and -aminobutyric acid
transport and regulation in manganese, mercury and lead neurotoxicity

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...8ff76ec421d035

On Nov 9, 8:16 am, SanHolo wrote:
Don't take this personal, but I must correct two things you wrote:

On Nov 9, 2:33 am, Kevysmom wrote:

All diesease are biochemical abnormalties..
Not so.
.Why do you think
Lets take seizures, it a simple one. Seizures can be caused by mercury
poisoning.
what happens when a baby is poisoned by mercury, the mercury targets
the GABBA
receptors causing problems, So now the baby has to take a chemical to
prevent the seizures
that was caused by mercurys interference of the GABBA receptor, This
is what I call a Biochemical
abnormality. Even if it is induced by a toxin. Same thing with
diabetes, You take insulin because of
a biochemical abnormality.

It's the GABA-receptor, there is no known GABBA or GABBA receptor.

Although there are a vast number of different biomolecules, many are
complex and large molecules (called polymers) that are composed of
similar repeating subunits (called monomers). Each class of polymeric
biomolecule has a different set of subunit types. For example, a
protein is a polymer made up of 20 or more amino acids. Biochemistry
studies the chemical properties of important biological molecules,
like proteins, in particular the chemistry of enzyme-catalyzed
reactions.

A polymer with 20 amino acids is a peptide. If you have about 100
amino acids, then you call it a protein.
Every living cell (and therefore the human body) uses 20 different
amino acids to build all proteins it needs, maybe you confused it with
this number.- Hide quoted text -

Old November 13th 07, 12:57 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine
Mark Probert

Kevysmom wrote:
If you insist on posting through Google Groups rather than using a
real newsreader, get the Google toolbar. It has a feature which allows
spell checking inside web forms.

I love my new google toolbar! But I still made some mistakes, God help
when I am tired! )

I wrote now instead of know. I wish there was a program that would
find these errors as well! LOL

While cumbersome, some people use Word and then cut and paste into their
newsreader.

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Old November 13th 07, 05:14 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine
Vernono O

Kevysmom wrote:
If you insist on posting through Google Groups rather than using a
real newsreader, get the Google toolbar. It has a feature which allows
spell checking inside web forms.

I love my new google toolbar! But I still made some mistakes, God help
when I am tired! )

I wrote now instead of know. I wish there was a program that would
find these errors as well! LOL

While cumbersome, some people use Word and then cut and paste into their
newsreader.

Outlook and Outlook express "use" word with all of its capability. No cut
and paste required.

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Old November 13th 07, 06:39 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine
Kevysmom[_2_]

It's the GABA-receptor

Thank You, I really do need a proof reader to correct my many
mistakes!

Taking and passing high school chemisgtry would also help alot.

Actually the mistake I made was not adding brackets around one of the
"A"

It is GABA(A)-receptors. And its "chemistry" not "chemisgtry" also it
is
"a lot" not "alot"

How did you pass a bar exam?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...i=B6WXH-4F7H54...

Old November 25th 07, 06:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine
David Wright

In article ,
Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:

Greetings, all,

Everywhere in the US media, the current prevalence of autism is typically
cited at 1 in 150, or thereabouts. Now, of course this is bad enough,
considering that this disease was almost unknown a generation ago...

But according to Gallup and Yazbak,

"When 1 in 150 is really 1 in 67"
By Raymond W. Gallup & F. Edward Yazbak, MD, FAAP
http://www.vaproject.org/yazbak/1-in...7-20071005.htm

this rate, based on a widely published CDC estimate, is severely
underestimated. As Gallup and Yazbak show, the numbers as recently
published by the U.S. Department of Education should be seen as far
more reliable.

Unless, of course, their whole methodology is wrong:

http://autismnaturalvariation.blogsp...s-1-in-67.html

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"Saddam Hussein was a bad man, connected with some incredibly dangerous
people: Cheney, Rumsfeld, George Galloway." -- Marcus Brigstocke