Do you support educational vouchers in schools?

Old April 29th 05, 03:41 AM
Don

"George" george@least wrote in message

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , toto says...

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 03:35:37 GMT, "Don"
wrote:

Maybe your neighbors and you can set up water-pail brigades on your

dirt
roads
in case you have a fire.

Thats really none of your business is it?

Gee, you want us to pay taxes for a fire department that will fight
fires at your house, I see, but not to educate the children of your
neighbors who don't have the money for private school tuition?

Maybe he can front the money to pave the roads to his house...

Perhaps you two products of the public education system could stop and
think - new as that may be to you.

Is the purpose education or indoctrination? The parent with a voucher
can
choose, the parent without cannot.

Finally a free thinker.
I was wondering if such a thing existed anymore.
They sure are scarce in this group.

Old April 29th 05, 03:44 AM
Don

"toto" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:00:56 -0400, "George" george@least wrote:

Is the purpose education or indoctrination? The parent with a voucher
can
choose, the parent without cannot.

The parent with money can already choose and needs no voucher to do
so.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what he said.

Old April 29th 05, 03:45 AM
Don

"Herman Rubin" wrote
Let me make it clear again that I have no brief for schools
based on religion. What are needed are means of teaching
academics, through schools or, as I believe, otherwise.

What do you mean by *otherwise*?

Old April 29th 05, 03:49 AM
Don

wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:00:56 -0400, "George" george@least wrote:

Is the purpose education or indoctrination? The parent with a voucher
can
choose, the parent without cannot.

The "purpose" of what?

Is this what the public schools are producing?
I mean really.

Let me rewrite the question so that raqueteer can understand it:
"Is the purpose (of the public schools) education or indoctrination?

There.
Now raqueteer, put your gurly man emotions in the closet and put your
thinking cap on, and answer the question.
Thanks.

Old April 29th 05, 03:50 AM
Don

"Bob LeChevalier" wrote
Before public
schools, there were only church schools,

Oh yeah?
Prove it.
You are wrong.

Old April 29th 05, 03:51 AM
Don

wrote:

Maybe your neighbors and you can set up water-pail brigades on your
dirt
roads
in case you have a fire.

Thats really none of your business is it?

Gee, you want us to pay taxes for a fire department that will fight
fires at your house, I see, but not to educate the children of your
neighbors who don't have the money for private school tuition?

Maybe he can front the money to pave the roads to his house...

Absolutely.

Thats right.

Old April 29th 05, 03:53 AM
Don

wrote
A $2,000 voucher at a school with $8,000 tuition is useless to a
family living in poverty but it is a free vacation to a wealthier
family that was otherwise going to pay the full $8,000.

What family pays $8k for a public school education?

Old April 29th 05, 03:58 AM
Don

"Jonathan Levy" wrote
I am not sure I want to get into a discussion about that point. That
was partly a "for the sake of argument" sort of assumption. I do
believe it but I think others believe it more strongly and almost
certainly are better prepared to defend the point with evidence.

In other words, you have your head in your ass, right Jonathan?
You don't know what the hell you are talking about.
But you *feeeeel* that you want to have some input.
The only thing you know about the public schools is what you have been shown
on the TEEVEE.
And you gobble it down hook, line and sinker.
Just like you've been programmed to do.
Tell ya what Jonathan, go back to your TEEVEE, continue to pay your
exhorbitant taxes, and don't you waste another brancell on this matter, K?
Heavan knows you don't have too many braincells to waste.

Old April 29th 05, 04:01 AM
Don

"Jonathan Levy" wrote
Seriously, this is not a court of law. It is a Usenet conversation and
I have already admitted that this was not even my main point. I was
kind of granting something that seems to be commonly believed -- and
with which I pretty much agree -- and building off of it. If that
means that my argument is relevant to some other people but not to you,
fair enough.

There's something wrong with this boys circuit board.
Maybe the public school system stole the little teeny circuit board he was
born with?

Old April 29th 05, 04:29 AM
Banty

In article et, Don says...

"toto" wrote
Gee, you want us to pay taxes for a fire department that will fight
fires at your house, I see,

No, Dorothy, you don't see.
Where did I ever say I wanted you to pay for thing's I want?

Tell us you'll fight your own fires, and never drive on a paved public road, and
we'll go away.

Deal?

Banty