Study: ADHD Drugs Send Thousands to ERs

Old June 5th 06, 02:28 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Default Thanks for proving my point.

Jan Drew wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
news
news Jan Drew wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Jan Drew wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message
"Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A."
wrote in message
oups.com...
You proved my point. There is not even one single post where
Jan has
criticized my work!
Nor can you find one post by Jan criticizing ANY silly-ass
supporter of altie flim-flam.
There is NO such thing as *altie flim-flam*.

Nor is any one who believes in alternative a *silly-ass*.

However, if you mean..I have never criticized another person
who believes in alternative.

This is a REPEATED LIE.

Mark Probert told it over and over...as well as others.
Your 'criticisms' were, at best, weak.
Weak is irrevelant.
Nope, quite relevant.

Your REPEATED lies are not.
Only to your 'mind' are they lies.

Why not repost them?

Sure thing.

Right after...you post your *criticisms* of your buddies.

Do show us, Mark!
I asked you first.
You use that as an excuse.

Nevertheless.

Here goes.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...0076d41?hl=en&

snip

Simply put, your DEMONSTRATED position is that you will never,
ever, directly criticize Ilena for any reason whatsoever.
JD Poor Mark, so desperate for attention, he repeats this same lie.

All been proven otherwise previously.
MP No, you have never demonstrated that you will DIRECTLY criticize
Ilena for
any of her actions. It is not a lie until you post proof that you
have, and,
I have repeated the statement after reading it.

[ note how he now adds the word *DIRECTLY*]

That's because he is a LIAR!

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....7e668f9?hl=en&

snip

MP *Simply put, your DEMONSTRATED position is that you will never,
ever, directly criticize Ilena for any reason whatsoever*
JD You were wrong, weren't you Mark??
MP Only in the slightest. Your "criticism" is so inconsequential
that it
does not render my statement utterly wrong. Criticize on something
substantial, and prove me wrong.

==

Mark thinks praying for our troops is *inconsequential.*

How, very, very sad.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....6dac5e9?hl=en&

Mark wrote:

Big deal. Criticize her for her actions regarding her stalking.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....4648335?hl=en&

Again he thinks praying for out troops is something *minor*

[Plus *agrees* it was *UNLIKE him to to criticize ( his buddies) ]

Agreed that you criticized her for something minor.

==

Your turn, Mark.

No need to post any crap about any *lesbian chat room*.

Do show us ALL the times you have criticized your buddies.

BTW, do take note of this as you will have NO excuse to miss it!

Coleah" wrote in message

snipping to the point

'Whining Jew Bitch'.
www.buttcandle.com

Thanks for showing your DESPICABLE/TRUE character. Which was MY point.

That web page is a parody of those who believe in ear candling, and
links to a page listing 1000 great Christian sites.

Your turn, Mark.

No need to post any crap about any *lesbian chat room*.

Do show us ALL the times you have criticized your buddies.
When
Ah..there is no when.

No, there is NO when.

Yes, there is a when. It will never happen.

snip usual diversions

Jan snips what she cannot handle.

I ALREADY took *MY* turn.
Bull****. YOU have never done that.

Thanks for proving once again MY point that you are a repeated liar.

Incorrect. Nothing you posted shows that you have taken your turn.

At the risk of being called a liar,

LADIES first!

Instead, you have supported her
stalking, harassing, abusing, libeling, tormenting, annoying tirades.
You follow her around Usenet and attack anyone who criticizes her
sociopathic behavior.

When she emailed Andy's and my wife, you remained utterly silent. When
you were sent copies of the emails, you attacked me, even though you had
encouraged, by your silence, her stalking and harassment.

Thanks for proving MY point that you LIED.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...8a0163c?hl=en&

Rod, I have tried to end the feud/war/what-have-you with Ilena since she
returned to the newsgroups. If you, and Jan, want to dredge up ancient
history, feel free. I do not play that game anymore.

If you continue to post with the same attitude, I will correctly assume
that you, too, in addition to Jan, want the war to continue.

I do not.

That, of course, proves that I desire peace.

You remind me of the "good Christians" who knew of the death camps and
remained silent.

Bigot.

No bigotry there. I posted the truth. People worked in the death camps
and went to church on Sunday. That is a historical fact.

Simply, put it is *YOUR* turn.

snip
No, it will never be my turn until you address what I have said.

Already done.

Never was done. You side stepped it.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....c634d66f8e40a1

Mon, Jun 13 2005 1:14 pm

I will not engage in your battle with IIena. You claims are ridiculous abut
my enabling. The battle is so long and detailed, I did NOT even try to
follow what happend. I am assuming the events of writing to wives, happened
on a.s.b.i.? I wasn't there at the time. Very few posts between you and she
did I try to follow here, as it got very detailed and was impossible to
follow.

Having said that, I am well versed in you absolute twisting of stories,
making what you do, OK, and the exact same thing others' do a terrible
criminal offense. Therefore, I did not believe one single word that comes
out of your mouth.

I was NOT involed in any way nor had any knowledge of IIena writing to
anyone.

YOU and Andy Made this a terrible CRIME.

Then out of the blue you wife does it to me, for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

Nuff said.

Yes, you clearly refuse to do what you ask me to do.

And, yes, it is a terrible crime.

Post your husband's email address. Your failure to post it will prove
that you believe it is a terrible crime.

Jan

You won't, as you are an intellectual coward.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....6cb0cf0c953404

G-d has helped in many ways. He gave me the insight to see that calling
you names and abusing you as I was doing was wrong.

===

Your, turn, Mark.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....e196206f5d31ef
Nope.The bar has not moved an Angstrom.

Thanks for proving MY point.

Repeated liar.

*Until then*

*When*
Now, that you have once AGAIN proven yourself to be a REPEATED liar.

Incorrect. What YOU posted proves my point.

Only YOU can disprove it by your actions, which you will not do.

LOL!

Laugh your ass off anymore and you will suffer even more brain damage.
Old June 5th 06, 03:56 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Default Study: ADHD Drugs Send Thousands to ERs

Mark Probert wrote:
Rich wrote:
Jan Drew wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...8HQDNE01.shtml

Excerpts:

(AP) Accidental overdoses and side effects from attention deficit drugs
likely send thousands of children and adults to emergency rooms, according
to the first national estimates of the problem.

Scientists at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated
problems with the stimulant drugs drive nearly 3,100 people to ERs each
year.

[shhh this is intended to be kept from the public]

This week, the FDA said it is "working diligently" on "labeling changes that
we feel accurately reflect the available data and the advice of the
committees.

" The agency declined interview requests.

On the Net: http://www.nejm.org

I've worked in emergency rooms for many years. I have yet to EVER see
an ER admission caused by an overdose of any ADHD medication. None by
patients taking the medication as directed. Not even any by persons
abusing the meds. This is not a common event by any definition.

The article says:

From August 2003 through December 2005, the researchers counted 188 ER
visits for problems with the drugs at the 64 hospitals in the network, a
representative sample of ERs monitored to spot drug side effects.

That would be a 28 month period where 188 visits were reported in
specific hospitals equipped and designated to make such reports
(presumably, then, the percentage of reports of cases would be extremely
high.) Or, 7 cases per month.

Of that 188 figure, 73 patients had side effects or allergic reactions.

However, there were 115 accidentally swallowed ADHD pills, including a
month-old baby, or took too much.

"These are cases where a young child took someone else's medication or
they took too much of their own," CDC epidemiologist Dr. Adam Cohen said
of the second group.

That figure was extrapolated to all U.S. hospitals, the researchers
estimated 3,075 ER visits occur each year.

If one drops that figure out, i.e., the misuse or abuse, 73 patients
with an adverse reaction in a period of 28 months leads to only around
1200 ER visits a year. While that seems high, when one compares it to
the number of people taking the medication as prescribed, it seems
paltry. I wonder how it compares with those figures for Tylenol, etc.

Old June 5th 06, 04:00 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

sean wrote:
How many children die every week on our roads from inattentive or
impaired drivers?

Look it up. You will be shocked and enraged.

Does this issue not get the attention it deserves? NO

Should we ban cars? Certainly not.

Should we ban ADD drugs? Certainly not.

Point is, improper use can have disasterous consequences.

But the outrage and attention should go to where it's needed most.
Where and how are our children done the most harm?

Do you want to help our children? Put your effort and resources into
where they are needed and stop it with the self-serving campaign.

I think it is important to watch the children and keep an eye on them
to ensure they are taking any medicine correctly. I think for some the
medication is a god send and allows the child to function in the
educational system. Is it not better to have a child on medication and
functional than for him or her to be without medication but not
functioning well at all in the classroom and home environment?

Study Examines Risk For Misuse Of ADHD Stimulant Mediciations Jan Drew Kids Health 9 April 24th 06 11:27 PM
The Embry Study: What it actually said. Doan General 91 February 24th 06 06:43 AM
FDA—KNOWING WILLFUL PARTY TO THE ADHD FRAUD Ilena Rose Kids Health 9 February 10th 06 09:49 PM
FOAD Bigots bobbie sellers General 190 August 1st 05 10:07 AM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM