nine months and no solids!

Old August 17th 06, 05:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
mamasays

Default nine months and no solids!

Hi, have been feeding my son since birth (he is now nine months old)
and my question is - is there something wrong if he hardly accepts
solids? I fed my daughter - now aged 19 (!) until she was fifteen
months old, and never had this problem. Is it boy babies who are the
fussy ones?

Old August 17th 06, 06:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Sue

I have no experience in children not taking solids, as my girls were very
eager eaters. However, are you letting him feed himself?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

ps.com...

Old August 17th 06, 08:33 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Joybelle

"mamasays" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi, have been feeding my son since birth (he is now nine months old)
and my question is - is there something wrong if he hardly accepts
solids? I fed my daughter - now aged 19 (!) until she was fifteen
months old, and never had this problem. Is it boy babies who are the
fussy ones?

I have two boy babies, and they've been quite different, so I don't know
that it has much to do with gender. My first son starting solids around 7
months, and I nursed him until 26 months old. No problems there. My second
son is 10.5 months, and he's not eating solids yet. He is interested
finally, though, but he really wasn't up to this point. The main thing I
see as being a problem is iron, or at least it has been in our case. It
might or might not be because he's not eating much for solids. We're in the
"figuring it out" stage right now, so i don't know how much help I am. Iron
would be the main thing I'd consider, though. G is on iron drops now.

Joy

Old August 17th 06, 11:43 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"mamasays" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi, have been feeding my son since birth (he is now nine months old)
and my question is - is there something wrong if he hardly accepts
solids? I fed my daughter - now aged 19 (!) until she was fifteen
months old, and never had this problem. Is it boy babies who are the
fussy ones?

I don't think it is the boy factor since my two boys were on opposite ends
of the eating game :-)

Hunter didn't want a thing to do with solids until he was 10mos old and
picked at them pitifully until he was 14-15mos. He was fine and healthy.
He didn't have any issues of any sort once he decided he was ready for
solids. No allegeries, no texture problems. There is a risk of iron
definceincy so I'd have that checked. Hunter was OK but I idd have it
checked at at 9mos.
--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old August 18th 06, 07:27 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Larissa

mamasays wrote:
Hi, have been feeding my son since birth (he is now nine months old)
and my question is - is there something wrong if he hardly accepts
solids? I fed my daughter - now aged 19 (!) until she was fifteen
months old, and never had this problem. Is it boy babies who are the
fussy ones?

My son took to solids well, so no problems there. My second daughter
did not want much to do with solids until 10months. She went straight
to finger foods and started eating solids regularly at about that age.
At 2.5 years old she is my best eater by far and loves her food. I
would not worry too much at this point.

Larissa
Mum to
DD 1999
DS 2001
DD2 2003

Old August 23rd 06, 10:42 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jo

mamasays wrote:
Hi, have been feeding my son since birth (he is now nine months old)
and my question is - is there something wrong if he hardly accepts
solids? I fed my daughter - now aged 19 (!) until she was fifteen
months old, and never had this problem. Is it boy babies who are the
fussy ones?

Ronnie just started solids a few weeks ago. He tried things but just
wasn't interested. Then out of nowhere he just wanted to eat. My 19
year old girl was not an issue either, but my 23 year old gal was picky
as well, so I don't think it is a boy thing.

(Ronnie is a year old now)

Jo

Old August 24th 06, 11:11 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
mamasays

Thanks Jo, it's good to know that I'm not the only one out there,
pulling my hair out when he turns his nose up! Thanks to everyone for
their advice.