how do i conceive a girl!!??

Old May 17th 04, 06:35 PM
Night Owl

Default how do i conceive a girl!!??

"Mamma Mia" wrote in message
u...
Hi to those i know and those i dont...

i have two darling darling boys, and we are going to try for a third
darling. Of course it will be a darling that i will love to bits, but who
could argue against trying anything possible (well, not like IVF or
anything) to try fora girl.

Can anyone give me websites, old wive's tales, surefire methods!

I am not complaiing about my beautiful boys and i would not swap them and

will love whatever baby comes along of course, but i think we are only

going
for 3, so.....

any thoughts?

christine in australia
mum to jeremy nearly 4 and sam 20 months.

OOOOOOOOh Christine... I don't know. We had two girls... wanted them. I
don't know what we did except prayed hard!

Anni

Old May 17th 04, 07:38 PM
Larry McMahan

Piggybacking because the original isn't on my server...

:
: i have two darling darling boys, and we are going to try for a third
: darling. Of course it will be a darling that i will love to bits, but who
: could argue against trying anything possible (well, not like IVF or
: anything) to try fora girl.
:
: Can anyone give me websites, old wive's tales, surefire methods!
:
: I am not complaiing about my beautiful boys and i would not swap them and
: i
: will love whatever baby comes along of course, but i think we are only
: going
: for 3, so.....
:
: any thoughts?
:
: christine in australia
: mum to jeremy nearly 4 and sam 20 months.

First a little scientific discussion. Male sperm are more motile,
(move better, faster), but female sperm are longer lived. You have
a window of about 5 days before o-day which are "best" for making
love in order to conceive. If you want to favor a girl, start
making love 5 days before o-day, and don't make love later than
3 days before o-day. On the other hand, I you want to conceive a
boy, make love only one day before o-day, and continue until you
actually ovulate. It's not certain, but it does increase your oods.
I have also heard it said that your DH should wear briefs for a
girl and boxers for a boy. Has to do with the temperature.

Now for the old wives tales. If you want a boy, make love with the
man on top. If you want a girl, make love with the woman on top.
I have 4 kids, two boys, and two girls, and I am 4 for 4 in this
category, so it must work! :-)

Larry
Old May 17th 04, 09:53 PM
Jaclyn

Do a search for the Shettles method - there is actually a book on it too,
but you can find most of what you want on the internet. We did the timing
part (for a boy tho) and it's supposed to be 80% accurate.. (we had a boy) I
think a girl is a little lower, but go ahead and try! I know many others
who have tried and it worked for them!

Old May 17th 04, 10:02 PM
Kate

Hahah

The strange thing with all this food talk - I had a dream when I was
carrying the wee fella that I was wandering around a supermarket with
my Mom and she was telling not to eat tomatoes or I'd have a girl -
strange

I avoided them for some reason and had a boy.. )) Not that I'd have
minded -as I used to joke while pg - if it's a girl I'll not put her
up for adoption or anything.. ;o))

Kate
Old May 17th 04, 10:19 PM
Ilse Witch

On Mon, 17 May 2004 05:30:51 +0000, Plissken wrote:

"Mamma Mia" wrote in message
u...
Hi to those i know and those i dont...

i have two darling darling boys, and we are going to try for a third
darling. Of course it will be a darling that i will love to bits, but who
could argue against trying anything possible (well, not like IVF or
anything) to try fora girl.

Can anyone give me websites, old wive's tales, surefire methods!

I am not complaiing about my beautiful boys and i would not swap them and

will love whatever baby comes along of course, but i think we are only

going
for 3, so.....

any thoughts?

http://tinyurl.com/3hlmu

Weird, didn't get the OP. Not that I have much to add to this...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)

Old May 18th 04, 03:09 AM
Lina

snip advice

Now for the old wives tales. If you want a boy, make love with the
man on top. If you want a girl, make love with the woman on top.
I have 4 kids, two boys, and two girls, and I am 4 for 4 in this
category, so it must work! :-)

Larry

This ties in with that joke....

start joke

Three women are chatting with their instructor after lamaze class.

"I really want to know the gender of my baby!" lamented one. The others
agreed.

The instructor smiled. "It's easy. How did you concieve?"

The first woman blushes and says "I was on top."

"Then you'll have a girl" the instructor replies with a smile.

The second woman also blushes, as does her husband. "He was on top."

"Then you're going to have a boy." The instructor smiles at them as well.

As she turns to the third woman, the mom to be breaks into tears and starts
sobbing uncontrollably. After they calm her down her husband asks her what's
wrong.

~
~
~
~
~
~

(You won't belive this answer)

~
~
~
~
~
~

"We're going to have puppies!!!!"

Old May 18th 04, 04:33 AM
elizabeth emerald

"Sophie" wrote in message
Hi to those i know and those i dont...

i have two darling darling boys, and we are going to try for a third
darling. Of course it will be a darling that i will love to bits, but

who
could argue against trying anything possible (well, not like IVF or
anything) to try fora girl.

Can anyone give me websites, old wive's tales, surefire methods!

I am not complaiing about my beautiful boys and i would not swap them

and
will love whatever baby comes along of course, but i think we are only

going
for 3, so.....

any thoughts?

christine in australia
mum to jeremy nearly 4 and sam 20 months.

www.babycenter.com has bulletin boards and they have a specific one called
Determining Gender. People there know all kinds of tricks for having one
gender or the other specifically.

People saying timing sex around ovulation makes a difference. As far as I
know we've done it the same way each time and we have a girl, 2 boys, and

gender unknown.

Good luck

Sophie
#4 due July 7, 2004

that kind of reminds me of an old silly joke - "we have three children, one
of each".
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

"Anything lost can be found again, except for time wasted" -- Hilltop Hoods

Old May 18th 04, 02:15 PM
Aussie Lurker

"Kelly" wrote in message

You're more likely to conceive a girl if.

. You have sex earlier on in your cycle, a few days before your day of
ovulation. This is because female sperm are thought to be stronger and
therefore last longer than male sperm, who will die off before reaching

the
egg

. your partner reaches orgasm before you

. you have sex frequently to lower your partner's sperm count, and so
increase the chances of the female sperm reaching the egg first

. you keep penetration shallow

. you stop having unprotected sex four to five days before ovulation, to
minimise the chances of the male sperm reaching the egg first

. your partner keeps his genitals warm by wearing close-fitting underwear
and tight trousers (although this isn't likely to do his general fertility
any good!)

. you suggested the love-making

. you make love in the afternoon

. you make love on even days of the month

. you put a wooden spoon under your bed and a pink ribbon under your

pillow

. you drink plenty of milk and eat dairy products such as cheese and
yoghurt, unsalted foods, rice, pasta, certain vegetables, mineral water,
limited amounts of meat and potatoes, but avoid salt and any salty foods,
wine and beer, fresh fruit, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms, chocolate,
coffee and tea.

LOL I tried everything.........................

Wendy Mum to 3 boys

Old May 18th 04, 02:18 PM
Cathy Weeks

Larry McMahan wrote in message ...

I have also heard it said that your DH should wear briefs for a
girl and boxers for a boy. Has to do with the temperature.

Yeah, I've read that men in certain professions tend to have girls
more often than boys, due to the clothing they wear, or the conditions
in which they work:

Military pilots (the flight suits they wear tend to keep things
warmer)
Scuba Divers who wear wet suits frequently (same reason)
Truckers (sitting for hours on end tends to keep things warmer, as
well)

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old May 18th 04, 05:58 PM
Sophie

Yeah, I've read that men in certain professions tend to have girls
more often than boys, due to the clothing they wear, or the conditions
in which they work:

Military pilots (the flight suits they wear tend to keep things
warmer)
Scuba Divers who wear wet suits frequently (same reason)
Truckers (sitting for hours on end tends to keep things warmer, as
well)

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01

Men my husband work with tend to have boys. The radio- or micro-waves kill
girl sperm. When I got pregnant with Charlotte he was not around those
waves