I do miss being pregnant!

Old May 19th 04, 12:46 AM
Jill

Default I do miss being pregnant!

I really do! While pregnant I wanted to sleep on my stomach, and be able to
eat, and not have heartburn, and to get some stamina back etc.

But since she was born a week early and I really wasn't expecting it I am a
little sad (although very happy)........I MISS feeling her move inside me. I
miss her butt being lopsided to the left and sticking out. I miss her big
foot sticking in my right rib all the time, and the hiccups she got every
day for hours, especially at midnight.....she still gets those a lot out of
the womb. But I miss it....

Uh oh....gotta go, I checked and she has a poopy diaper...that's another
story, her diapers.....

Jill

Old May 19th 04, 01:18 AM
Donna

"Jill" wrote in message
om...
I really do! While pregnant I wanted to sleep on my stomach, and be able

eat, and not have heartburn, and to get some stamina back etc.

But since she was born a week early and I really wasn't expecting it I am

little sad (although very happy)........I MISS feeling her move inside me.

miss her butt being lopsided to the left and sticking out. I miss her big
foot sticking in my right rib all the time, and the hiccups she got every
day for hours, especially at midnight.....she still gets those a lot out

of
the womb. But I miss it....

Uh oh....gotta go, I checked and she has a poopy diaper...that's another
story, her diapers.....

If it helps, do you miss the breathlessness, the chronic need to pee, the
swollen fingers, wrists and ankles, the wiggling into and out of your car,
the sensitivity to heat.....

.... I could go on.

Donna (who prefers motherhood to pregnancy by an enormous margin grin)

Old May 19th 04, 01:57 AM
Em

"Jill" wrote in message
I really do! While pregnant I wanted to sleep on my stomach, and be

able to
eat, and not have heartburn, and to get some stamina back etc.

But since she was born a week early and I really wasn't expecting it I

am a
little sad (although very happy)........I MISS feeling her move inside

me. I
miss her butt being lopsided to the left and sticking out. I miss her

big
foot sticking in my right rib all the time, and the hiccups she got

every
day for hours, especially at midnight.....she still gets those a lot

out of
the womb. But I miss it....

When I began my daily yoga routine again at about 3 weeks post-partum, I
leaned forward into Child's Pose and was suddenly struck with a wave of
emotion and I missed my big belly there before me so much. My eyes
actually suddenly filled with tears.

It was also weird, because after I got pregnant, I would look at my
poochy belly and feel weird that I hadn't said goodbye to my "old body"
and flat stomach, because I knew I wouldn't have it again. As it was, my
old body (flat stomach, etc.) came back really quickly after the baby
was born, even though I fully expected it to be permanently changed
somehow. So, then I felt like I hadn't said goodbye to my pregnant body
and my big round baby belly. Apparently, I can't win!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 8 months old!

Old May 19th 04, 04:26 AM
Angela Schepers

So far, I'm really not missing being pregnant. I guess I'm just too
busy with my baby to think about it much. I'm much more comfortable
though, that's for sure.

Old May 19th 04, 06:23 AM
Carol Ann

I really do!

Me, too.

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBNnDdizZNneg ---Pictures!

Old May 19th 04, 07:05 AM
jitney

"Jill" wrote in message . com...
I really do! While pregnant I wanted to sleep on my stomach, and be able to
eat, and not have heartburn, and to get some stamina back etc.

But since she was born a week early and I really wasn't expecting it I am a
little sad (although very happy)........I MISS feeling her move inside me. I
miss her butt being lopsided to the left and sticking out. I miss her big
foot sticking in my right rib all the time, and the hiccups she got every
day for hours, especially at midnight.....she still gets those a lot out of
the womb. But I miss it....

Uh oh....gotta go, I checked and she has a poopy diaper...that's another
story, her diapers.....

Jill

Is anything keeping you from doing it again?-Jitney
Old May 19th 04, 02:56 PM
Kari

I felt this way after my first pregnancy. I was emotional, missing my bump,
feeling the kicks and rolls. I couldn't wait to be pregnant again.

The last 2 times I've had a lot more aches and pains, morning sickness,
fatigue, other kid (s) to deal with. I can't say I miss much about it other
than the movement of the baby and the pampering that comes along with it
(though I do have to say, that too basically went out the window by the last
pregnancy) I MUCH prefer the non-pregnant state

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (5) and Xander (7 mos)

Old May 19th 04, 04:53 PM
Fer

Jill wrote:
|| I really do! While pregnant I wanted to sleep on my stomach, and be
|| able to eat, and not have heartburn, and to get some stamina back
|| etc.
|| But since she was born a week early and I really wasn't expecting it
|| I am a little sad (although very happy)........I MISS feeling her
|| move inside me. I miss her butt being lopsided to the left and
|| sticking out. I miss her big foot sticking in my right rib all the
|| time, and the hiccups she got every day for hours, especially at
|| midnight.....she still gets those a lot out of the womb. But I miss
|| it....
|| Uh oh....gotta go, I checked and she has a poopy diaper...that's
|| another story, her diapers.....
|| Jill

Awwwww Jill I was waiting to see if you felt this way after all the problems
you had with being pregnant I have to say that since this is probably
(??) the last one that I am trying to enjoy every aspect of this pregnancy,
bed rest and all, because I know I'll miss it! --?

Jenn
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-34 weeks!

Old May 19th 04, 05:03 PM
Ilse Witch

On Tue, 18 May 2004 23:46:55 +0000, Jill wrote:

But since she was born a week early and I really wasn't expecting it I am a
little sad (although very happy)........I MISS feeling her move inside me. I
miss her butt being lopsided to the left and sticking out. I miss her big
foot sticking in my right rib all the time, and the hiccups she got every
day for hours, especially at midnight.....she still gets those a lot out of
the womb. But I miss it....

IKWYM. Took me several months to get over the fact I wasn't pregnant
anymore, and if I'd had the choice, I would have been pregnant again right
away... :\

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)

Old May 19th 04, 08:20 PM
Jill

"jitney" wrote
Is anything keeping you from doing it again?-Jitney

Labor.

Lol! No, really, I hope if I am blessed again that the labor won't hurt as
bad....I do want more babies...but after that labor, it really makes me STOP
and think! The end is worth it....

Jill