AF

Old May 20th 04, 09:58 AM
Andrea

Default AF

Hi all,

I am a mom of 5 with a question...

After the first 4 babies, once breastfeeding had ceased my periods returned
like clockwork from around 14 days after the last breastfeed. But now it's
been 6 or 7 weeks and still nothing. I find this weird as this is not normal
for me.
I am a little bit peed off now, as concieving again was the main point of
ending breastfeeding (due to strong history of early menopause and uterine
cancer in family).
Kamron is willing to nurse but there isn't much there. Maybe I should pick
up nursing again as I feel like it is such a waste ( we miss nursing.
I am not desperate to get pregnant, but just want to know everything is
working inside! I am not pregnant as tests come up negative.

Any thoughts?

Andrea mom of 5.

Old May 20th 04, 01:33 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Andrea wrote:

Hi all,

I am a mom of 5 with a question...

After the first 4 babies, once breastfeeding had ceased my periods returned
like clockwork from around 14 days after the last breastfeed. But now it's
been 6 or 7 weeks and still nothing. I find this weird as this is not normal
for me.
I am a little bit peed off now, as concieving again was the main point of
ending breastfeeding (due to strong history of early menopause and uterine
cancer in family).
Kamron is willing to nurse but there isn't much there. Maybe I should pick
up nursing again as I feel like it is such a waste ( we miss nursing.
I am not desperate to get pregnant, but just want to know everything is
working inside! I am not pregnant as tests come up negative.

Any thoughts?

There are conditions that can inhibit the return
of your periods, but it's probably a little early to start
looking for them. If you really want, you could go in and
have your prolactin levels checked. If they are high, that
can indicate a problem that should be further investigated.
Unfortunately, I don't know if 6-7 weeks after stopping
nursing is long enough to know for sure that prolactin
levels should be down significantly. The only people I
know who went in to have that sort of thing investigated
were a year or more after the cessation of nursing.

Best wishes,
Ericka