chest pain - caused by breast-feeding?

Old December 31st 03, 04:42 PM
Sue

Default chest pain - caused by breast-feeding?

CY wrote in message
Ha! If she is in the UK then probably not...my gallstones went TWO YEARS

before being diagnosed. Can you believe that?? They told me I had
irratable bowel syndrome! LOL...

Oh no, really. Aww you poor thing.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 31st 03, 04:48 PM
Phoebe Roberts, EA

John Allen wrote:
The only thing different about last night's attack, was I felt really sick,
and I did break out into a bit of a sweat, and excuse this yucky bit...you
know how when you want to be sick, and your mouth fills up with saliva, it
seemed that the more I spat out saliva, the more my mouth filled up. Sorry
to be so graphic. That lasted a couple of minutes, then the urge to be sick
went away, the pain eased slightly, but was still there when I woke up to
feed the boy at 3am.

That sounds *exactly* like my gallbladder attacks. Having it out when
Caterpillar was 4.5 months old was definitely the way to go, and if I
had a second gallbladder, I'd have it out, too.

Phoebe

Old January 1st 04, 07:59 PM
Maryilee

That sounds *exactly* like my gallbladder attacks. Having it out when
Caterpillar was 4.5 months old was definitely the way to go, and if I
had a second gallbladder, I'd have it out, too.

Phoebe

I'm having mine out next week. :-) I had my first attack when I was 18 (I'm 39
now!) but the doctor didn't know what it was at the time. Luckily, I didn't
have very many after that until a few years ago after I had my dd. In the last
nine months, they've been occurring more frequently. Now, I rarely go a week
without having an attack. :-(

Maryilee

Maggie's Christmas page
http://www.angelfire.com/vi/maggie/c...spictures.html
Info on hereditary spherocytosis
http://www.angelfire.com/vi/maggie/spherocytosis.html
Old January 2nd 04, 07:43 AM
CY

) Thanks! It was 9 years ago now so I am over it!! But boy was I
relieved when I was finally correctly diagnosed.

CY (minus one faulty gallbladder)

Old January 4th 04, 12:15 AM

Phoebe Roberts, EA wrote:
John Allen wrote:
The only thing different about last night's attack, was I felt really sick,
and I did break out into a bit of a sweat, and excuse this yucky bit...you
know how when you want to be sick, and your mouth fills up with saliva, it
seemed that the more I spat out saliva, the more my mouth filled up. Sorry
to be so graphic. That lasted a couple of minutes, then the urge to be sick
went away, the pain eased slightly, but was still there when I woke up to
feed the boy at 3am.

That sounds *exactly* like my gallbladder attacks. Having it out when
Caterpillar was 4.5 months old was definitely the way to go, and if I
had a second gallbladder, I'd have it out, too.

I just got home from having my gallbladder out, and the saliva thing
was just as described. It's funny that this thread was here, since I
was wondering if I should post how things went, as it was better than
I thought it would be.

I'd never had a problem until about a week ago, and I thought it was
just my digestive system getting adjusted after a round of antibiotics
for mastitis. The fourth or fifth time the pain came back, I went to
the ER, and they had me in surgery that afternoon. I was worried
about nursing, since the little one is 3 months and hadn't really bee
ntaking a bottle much.

I waited the 24 hrs after the general from surgery wore off, then my
DH brought the baby to me, and he spent the night at the hospital with
me, so we could nurse until I had to have a follow-up procedure the
next morning. While the nurses weren't exactly supportive, nobody
really seemed to care that he was with me, and I had expected to have
to be more assertive than I was. When I got home, we waited as long
as I could after the 'moderate' sedation, which was 8 hours after the
procedure. He nursed for about a minute, and fell asleep. By the
time he woke up for a real meal, I was about 12 hrs post-sedation, and
had pumped again, and drank a half gallon of water, so I felt ok about
him nursing.

Basically, this was a worst-case scenario--I was in the hospital being
operated on, and my husband had to feed the baby. They both did the
best they could with bottles of expressed milk, and I was able to
nurse him more than I thought I would. Given this thread is here, I
thought I'd share so someone driving themselves to the hospital can
worry a bit less. Your experience might even be better, since you're
unlikely to encounter Helga, The Grumpy Nurse.

JeninTX