upset at nanny -- vent

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th 04, 01:02 AM
Nina

Default upset at nanny -- vent

"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message
news:aIVUb.410896$JQ1.214986@pd7tw1no...

Nina wrote:

Let it go. If you hadnt told her specifically not to feed him anything
without permission
she meant no harm.

Meaning no harm and doing no harm mightn't be the same thing.

"Let it go" seems to overlook "deal with it" which I think has been done.

Dawn

I agree. There are 2 issues
1. being angry at the nanny
2. being upset that the baby was fed wheat

She has the right to do both,and after she vented said she'd calmed down. In
her view harm was done,it was upsetting.
Thats legit. When my bby had the flu and I had to leave her in the hospital
a few hours, I came back and found a bottle of formula
in her crib and NOT the breastmilk I'd left. I was NOT pleased, though there
seems to have been a genuine mixup. I did complain to a FEW people
and once it was fixed, apologies made, I did calm down. As much as we hate
it, when we leave our kids with anyone other than ourselves
they ARE going to do things we wouldnt, just by NOT being us. You cant
really cover EVERY single possible situation, and sometimes
people innocently do things you consider harmful. Like I said, I think thats
the hardest part of being a parent, you CANT be there 100%
of the time and it can be so frustrating when things dont go as you wish.

nanny question Stephanie Stowe General 2 June 6th 04 07:49 AM
"How to find a nanny" Mike General 0 May 4th 04 03:36 PM
Toddler's way of telling us they are upset - what does your kid do? Cathy Weeks General 12 October 17th 03 03:33 PM
sad about nanny Andrea Breastfeeding 13 August 30th 03 06:03 PM
Nanny needs a wonderful family in MA. It's always something General 0 July 9th 03 03:58 PM