Update on the family

Old November 15th 06, 04:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Zaz

Default Update on the family

Hi,

For those of you who are interested, Guillaume has just turned 5 months on
the 13, and Catherine will be 2 years old on the 27. Wow. My baby has grown.

Guillaume plays a lot with his toes these days, grabs whatever he can, but
isn't always able to bring it in his month yet (I'm grateful for that, as
Catherine sometimes brings him stuff she shouldn't, but it's hard to keep an
eye on her every millisecond), he is now eating cereals and vegetables (I
know, you're not supposed, nowadays, to feed them before 6 months old, but
I'm from class of 2004, when 4 months was still OK, and besides, Guillaume
loves eating, and keeps drinking milk in vast quantities).

He is now weaned from the breast, though, and I'm glad for it. I worked with
him just as I had with Catherine, but with different results. At 3 months
old, I presented it with a bottle... and he just loved it! It took a few
more weeks and he let go of the breast entirely. Catherine didn't agree with
leaving the breast before she was 8 months old. Different babies! (Again, I
know you're supposed to breastfeed until they are at least one year old, or
something like that, but I still hate breastfeeding and I believe I have
given Guillaume a very good start in life anyway; I was also going directly
towards exhaustion, as he would wake up three to four times a night and now
DH can get up in my stead; pumping? no way, not for me - just made me fell
completely like a cow and I couldn't bear it).

As for Catherine, she's turning to be a real beauty, smart and even witty.
She speaks tons of new words and sentences everyday, has an amazing
imagination and is quite active. Lately she has refused to eat a few times,
but we're working on that. I believe she'd like to have some of her little
brother's purée, which I refuse to indulge in completely (one spoonful here
and there is fine, but I try to convince her how lucky she is to be eating
solid foods).

Catherine can:
- open closed doors
- drink from a glass
- set the DVD player to play her Dora program
- eat with a fork and a spoon
- undress herself
- use her little pee-pee pot
- delight us with a puppet show
- give his pacifier to his little brother
- bring us things when we ask her
- store her toys in their proper place after she's finished with them (not
always, of course!)

Anyway, everyone is healthy, everyone is happy, and I gotta go back to work
now!

--
Isabelle
Mlle C 2004-11-27