Is there a chart for solids values?

Old January 2nd 04, 11:07 PM
FayeC

Default Is there a chart for solids values?

DD is 10 1/2 months and she is an avid eater.
Anything is good for her with very few foods she will twist her nose to.
Since she is still nursing I am wondering if there is any specific amount of
food per age we need to follow or even a calorie comparison so we know how
much to replace the bm with.
She still nurses about 5-6 times through the day and about 4-5 times through
the night.
She also has breakfast (fruit, cereal and yogurt - like half of a banana
mashed with one spoon of yogurt and 1 spoon of cereal) or sliced pears,
oatios, etc...
For lunch she has a mix of potatoes, carrots, broccoli,sweet potatoes,
squash (usually two or three of them) processed very smooth.
Throughout the day she takes turns nursing and eating snacks like crackers,
oatios or sliced fruit.
For dinner she has the same she had for lunch but with ground chicken.
Then from then on she alternates from snacking on crackers and nursing until
bedtime.
I was wondering if this isn't just too much food for her or even if this is
the "right" food for her age...
She eats slices of food or chunky potatoes without problem. Is there an age
when we stop giving smooth/creamy/fine mashed food to transition to table
food?

FayeC

Old January 3rd 04, 12:20 AM
SuperEeyore

FayeC wrote:
Since she is still nursing I am wondering if there is any
specific amount of food per age we need to follow or even a calorie
comparison so we know how much to replace the bm with.

This is the closest I've seen for age specific serving size. The chart
starts at one year and ends at 5 years. It really gave me a good grasp on
portion sizes for the different food needs.

http://ucce.ucdavis.edu/files/filelibrary/1808/4335.pdf

Laurel

Old January 3rd 04, 12:49 AM
Nina

also-
http://www.providerschoice.com/pages...mealreqinf.asp

Old January 3rd 04, 12:57 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

FayeC wrote:
She eats slices of food or chunky potatoes without problem. Is there
an age when we stop giving smooth/creamy/fine mashed food to
transition to table food?

If she'll eat food with more texture, I can't think of any reason to keep
giving her puree.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

Old January 3rd 04, 05:25 AM
Barbara Warner

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:

If she'll eat food with more texture, I can't think of any reason to keep
giving her puree.

Yes, this is what we've done. We've gone to mix of table foods,
toddler-self-fed items and the old stand by pureed or mashed foods.
Basically, we're trying to get them onto the first two, (ie eating
servings of our dinner off spoons or in their fingers; and bit sof food
like chicken, Cheerios/store brand Os, cheese, etc) but they have some
favourites which they defintely prefer pureed or mashed. The latter
include avocados, bananas (often in cereal) and spinach. STrangely, they
never liked pureed meats/poultry but they love love love finely pureed
spinach!

Anyway, I'd suggest broadening the nursling's horizons and playing
around a bit with the textures. I often try bits, and if they reject or
just play with the bits, *then *I'll mash 'em up.

-Barbara

Fetal growth chart ted General 16 June 18th 04 02:58 PM
Fetal growth chart ted Pregnancy 14 June 18th 04 02:58 PM
BBT Chart Kazh Pregnancy 23 June 4th 04 04:50 PM
Chinese Gender Chart Fer Pregnancy 11 November 13th 03 12:37 PM
Denver Developmental Chart toto General 4 August 19th 03 07:23 AM