OT how long did you bleed PP

Old January 4th 04, 02:08 AM
Zucca4

Default OT how long did you bleed PP

six weeks and still bleeding
Old January 4th 04, 02:26 AM
Beth

"Lori" wrote in message
news:l6HJb.25875$i55.19933@fed1read06...
Hi ladies

How long did you all bleed after delivery.

6 weeks to the day, and that is not at all bad, although the *fresh* blood
quit within two weeks. After that the lochia lightened considerably.

Beth

Old January 4th 04, 02:41 AM
Nancy P

"Lori" wrote in message
Hi ladies

How long did you all bleed after delivery.

7 weeks.

nancy

Old January 4th 04, 06:19 AM
Irrational Number

Lori wrote:

I was reading in one of my books and it said the max you should have
bleeding is 2 weeks and if it goes longer it could be because of pieces of
the placenta left inside (yuck).

Eh??? TWO WEEKS? I've never read that.

I bled for 6 weeks. I used those huge, horrible,
long "overnight" pads for the first 4 weeks. They
felt like diapers.

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old January 4th 04, 06:45 AM
Usenet Fan

Mine tapered off at about three weeks. (Thankfully, because I *hate*
pads.)

But I think it was so short because immediately post-delivery, I was
rushed into OR for a curettage due to retained placenta. I think they
scraped most of the uterine contents out before I ever hit recovery,
and that is what made the lochia so much less in duration.

Robin
DS arrived December 7, 2003
Old January 4th 04, 07:54 AM
KC

I bled like a heavy period (even more at first) for 5 weeks both
times. My doctor did say it was unusual that I had so much blood for
that long, but that is how it seems to work for me.

KC

"Lori" wrote in message news:l6HJb.25875$i55.19933@fed1read06...
Hi ladies

How long did you all bleed after delivery. My baby will be 3 weeks tomorrow
and im still bleeding. Not very bad, but bad enough to wear a pad.

I was reading in one of my books and it said the max you should have
bleeding is 2 weeks and if it goes longer it could be because of pieces of
the placenta left inside (yuck).

I don't remember bleeding so long with my daughter and im starting to get
worried. However, if I had a piece of placenta wouldn't I be having milk
supply problems. I have enough milk to feed a small country ;0)

Lori

Old January 4th 04, 09:06 AM
Sidheag McCormack

The books are just wrong about this - don't know what the history is. I
bled 7 weeks, have read of many many other women who have done so, and my
GP confirmed that this is normal, in the absence of any signs of a problem
like infection or retained products. She did tell me to go back if it
hadn't stopped in another couple of weeks.

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003
Old January 4th 04, 09:32 AM
elizabeth emerald

"Lori" wrote in message
Hi ladies

How long did you all bleed after delivery. My baby will be 3 weeks

tomorrow
and im still bleeding. Not very bad, but bad enough to wear a pad.

I was reading in one of my books and it said the max you should have
bleeding is 2 weeks and if it goes longer it could be because of pieces of
the placenta left inside (yuck).

I don't remember bleeding so long with my daughter and im starting to get
worried. However, if I had a piece of placenta wouldn't I be having milk
supply problems. I have enough milk to feed a small country ;0)

i still had a little spotting at my 6 week appointment and was bleeding
"properly" for at least 5 weeks.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old January 4th 04, 02:53 PM
Anne Rogers

it stopped for me between 2 and 3 weeks, I was told this was very quick. I
did have occasional spotting til about 12 weeks.

Old January 4th 04, 04:44 PM
Sara

Lori wrote:

How long did you all bleed after delivery.

Six weeks -- only lightly at the end.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle