Now is the time to decriminalise abortion, says pro-choice lobby

Old May 22nd 08, 03:15 PM posted to soc.men,alt.abortion,soc.culture.jewish,misc.kids,talk.rape
Avenger[_2_]

Default Now is the time to decriminalise abortion, says pro-choice lobby

This entire argument is stupid. A female knows when she is pregnant very
soon so an abortion should be done within the first 2 months (8 weeks)
Late term abortion is nothing but murder and the only reason it's not
referred to as such is because it's legal. Murder is a legal term and refers
to the intentional malicious unlawful taking of life.
Now, even before abortion was legal, doctors would have to perform these
gruesome procedures and kill the infant but it was done to save the mother's
life and with modern medicine it is rare. So what's the problem with females
that they have to wait until they're 8 months pregnant and then decide they
want an abortion? In the few rare cases where a physician believes an
abortion must be done it could just be written into the law as an exception
and be permitted.But to give a blanket endorsement where a female can have
an abortion at any time up to natural birth is barbaric.

"MCP" wrote in message
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...health.health2

Pro-choice campaigners last night called for Britain to decriminalise
abortion altogether after the first attempt to reduce the legal time limit
in almost two decades was defeated in the House of Commons.

Dr Wendy Savage of Doctors for a Woman's Choice on Abortion said that
women should be able to request the procedure at any stage of their
pregnancy. "I am delighted that this attack on the Abortion Act has been
defeated. I do not think the majority of people are sympathetic to
reducing time limits, but I am sure the anti-abortion lobby will continue
to press for a reduction. I wonder if the time has come for a different
tack, to say that women's rights should not be infringed and abortion
should be decriminalised."

Julie Bentley, the chief executive of the Family Planning Association,
said: "Cutting the time limit, even by a few weeks, would have directly
contradicted medical and scientific evidence about foetal viability and
would only have exacerbated the desperation of the small percentage of
women needing later abortion."

Andrea Minichiello Williams, a spokeswoman for the evangelical,
anti-abortion group Christian Concern for our Nation, said: "I want to
cry. The campaign to change people's minds will continue and we will just
have to pray that we can do that and there will be a change of heart,
maybe in the next parliament."

Ian Lucas, the campaign manager of the all-party Pro Life Group, said: "We
are disappointed MPs have not seen fit to recognise the wishes of
three-quarters of the population by lowering the time limit. We will
continue the fight to reflect the wishes of the public, and support the
rights of the unborn child."

Earlier, campaigners from both sides of the debate gathered for noisy and
at times ill-tempered demonstrations outside parliament. "We are here
because we think the attacks that are being proposed tonight are cruel and
would be devastating for the small number of women who really do need
later abortions," said Louise Hutchins, of Abortion Rights; 300 supporters
waved pink placards and balloons and chanted: "Not the church, not the
state, women must decide their fate."

Alongside, a much smaller group holding placards reading "Protect the
Embryo" and "Lower the Limit" stood in silence "to remember the 7 million
lives that have been aborted since 1967 in England and Wales." Other
anti-abortion protesters broke into a chorus of "How Great Thou Art", to
be countered by the opposing demonstration singing "Get your rosaries off
our ovaries".

The controversial vote on abortion, and the earlier amendments that would
have made having a father or "father figure" a condition for IVF
treatment, were the last in a series of thorny issues on which MPs have
been called to vote this week, proposed as amendments to the human
fertilisation and embryology bill. On Monday, proposed bans on "hybrid"
animal-human embryos and the selection of "saviour siblings" were
comprehensively rejected.

Particularly hotly contested in the lead-up to the vote was the scientific
evidence relating to the viability of life at 24 weeks. Though the British
Medical Association, the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, the
Royal College of Nursing and the House of Commons science and technology
committee all support the current 24-week limit, those in favour of the
amendments argue that more babies now survive before 24 weeks.

But doctors who work with babies on the borderline of viability say that
survival rates before 24 weeks have not gone up, and that those who do
live may well be physically or mentally damaged

Old May 24th 08, 06:49 PM posted to soc.men,alt.abortion,soc.culture.jewish,misc.kids,talk.rape
Ray Fischer

Avenger wrote:
This entire argument is stupid. A female knows when she is pregnant very
soon

Wrong.

Late term abortion is nothing but murder

Wrong again.

Get a clue, moron.
--
Ray Fischer

Old May 24th 08, 11:33 PM posted to soc.men,alt.abortion,soc.culture.jewish,misc.kids,talk.rape
Dr. Lippschitz[_9_]

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
Avenger wrote:
This entire argument is stupid. A female knows when she is pregnant very
soon

Wrong.

Late term abortion is nothing but murder

Wrong again.

Get a clue, moron.
--
Ray Fischer

Still trying his "seduction" methods haha Last time he got a sow.