Mona & Sina's birth story ... LONG!

Old August 8th 04, 09:43 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default Mona & Sina's birth story ... LONG!

In aYvRc.223516$a24.167833@attbi_s03,
zolw wrote:

*By 7 am there were no signs of labor, except for the water breaking. I
*was still 1/2 cm dilated & had minor contractions (less than the cramps
*I used to get when I got my period). The doctor on duty explained
*that they would have to induce labor, because nothing has happened yet.

Wow - they said they had to induce just five hours after your water
broke?? Poor you! Even in the not-very-mother-friendly local hospital
around here they don't start nagging you for induction until your
membranes have been ruptured for 24 hours. I mean, they will suggest it as
a possibility, so I'm told, but they don't say they HAVE to until a full
24 hrs (according to those in the know. I don't deliver there.)

Anyway, glad your story has a happy ending and congratulations!

Oh, and btw - this isn't a binary group. If you want people to see
pictures, you should post the URL of a website that has the pix on it

Old August 8th 04, 09:59 PM
zolw

I've been told that this group can't see attachements, so here is the
link with even more pics )

Sorry soem of them are just plain silly, but hubby doesn't discriminate
against any pics )

http://home.comcast.net/~pawelzieminski/sina/film1/
http://home.comcast.net/~pawelzieminski/sina/film2/

zolw wrote:

Hi;

This is probably going to be the hardest to write message ever, since
little Sina is sleeping peacefully in my left arm. So, I am writing this
message with one hand

So as many of you know, our little angel has finally arrived.
Well, I was supposed to be induced on thursday the 5th, but things
turned out a bit differently.

Tuesday at 9 my mucus plug came out. I called my doctor just to confirm
my next move. He recommended that I go to the hospital to be checked.
So, we took our bags & headed there. Well, they gave us the last room
available (it was one of these days where all the women were giving
birth) ... I was hooked to the monitor for an hour or so, before they
sent me back home. We went home & went to bed.

That night around 2 I woke up in a puddle of water (thank God I used a
waterproof pad, or we'd have had a ruined mattress). Some how I managed
to be all together & calm. I woke my husband up & calmly told him that
my water broke. He did not need to ask if I was sure (since we had a
false alarm before), because the puddle was rather large.

Well, I just took a shower, put a pad & wrapped myself with a towel. We
took the waterproof pad & put it in the car & off we went to the
hospital. We arrived there around 3 15 am. I was taken up to the same
room I had left a few hours earlier that day. They determined that it
was really my water breaking, but unfortunately that is all that was
happening.

By 7 am there were no signs of labor, except for the water breaking. I
was still 1/2 cm dilated & had minor contractions (less than the cramps
I used to get when I got my period). The doctor on duty explained
that they would have to induce labor, because nothing has happened yet.
I agreed with them & I was hooked to a Petocin I.V. Within half an hour,
I had some major contractions (this part was awful). I was contracting
left & right, but still 1/2 cm dilation. By maybe 12 pm I was in tears
with my contractions & asked for my epidural (they wanted to wait till I
was 3-4 cm dilated). No dilation progress still

Having the epidural administered was a piece of cake. I expected it to
be real hard, but apparently they had more problems hooking me to an
I.V. (due to lack of visible veins) than to administer the epidural
Thank God for that. Within half an hour, the epidural was working & my
contractions were slowly becoming more & more bearable. Seriously GOD
BLESS THE EPIDURAL!

Anyway, finally around 2 or so I became 2-3 cm dilated (actually the
nurse said:" you're 2 cm dilated & I can stretch it to 3" ) For me
that was major progress so I was real glad about it. MEanwhile both me &
my husband tried to get as much sleep as possible, since this would be
our last chance in weeks to come

Every hour I was checked for any progress in the dilation department
but in vain. 2-3 cm is all I could reach. Around 4 30 pm, the nurse
walked in & we made jokes about my progress. She checked me & said that
I wouldn't believe what happened, my guess was that I dedilated if such
a term even existed. BUT to our surprise, I was 9 cm dilated. It was
all so exciting & I had a major adrenaline rush.

Within half an hour I was in active labor (or so I have been told I
guess the epidural was way too effective). I was told to make 3 series
of pushes with every contraction. Then I was also given oxygen between
contractions (which is probably one of the most annoying things to
happen to me). Anyway, by the 10th set of pushes or so, I was told that
I could feel my child's head. It was a full head of hair. Then 2 -3 sets
of pushes later, I hear a baby crying & I am given a baby girl in my
arms. It was sooooo nice to hold my little girl, at last.

She was then taken to be weighed, etc. Well, Sina Zieminska was born on
August 4th' 2004 at 6 14 pm. She weighted 4.026 kg (8 lb 17 oz) and
measured 49.5 cm (19 in).

Attached are some pictures for you to enjoy.

Mona
proud Mama of Sinka

Old August 8th 04, 10:13 PM
Jody Pellerin

She's beautiful! She looks perfect. I totally agree with you on God bless
the epidural! Wasn't it great?? Congratulations!

----

----

----

----

----

----

----

----

Old August 9th 04, 12:58 AM
Nancy P

"zolw" wrote in message
newsuwRc.94884$8_6.86390@attbi_s04...
I've been told that this group can't see attachements, so here is the
link with even more pics )

Sorry soem of them are just plain silly, but hubby doesn't discriminate
against any pics )

http://home.comcast.net/~pawelzieminski/sina/film1/
http://home.comcast.net/~pawelzieminski/sina/film2/

zolw wrote:

I can's see the original post, so congratulations in this thread. Does Sina
rhyme with Gina?

Nancy

Old August 9th 04, 01:12 AM
Sue

For some reason, I didn't get the original.

Anyway, congratulations and welcome Sina!!!!
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old August 9th 04, 02:41 AM
Jane Thorpe

Well I could see the pictures you attached the first time - beautiful - you
look so happy and Sina looks so calm! Wonderful news to see a safe and
happy new arrival

Congratulations - can't wait until New Year now when it's my turn

Bws
Jane

Old August 9th 04, 06:26 AM
zolw

Yeah, Sina rhymes with Gina & with Tina

It means Sinai in Arabic. My favorite place in the whole world is Sinai
(you know the peninsula in Egypt, where Moses had the commandments), so
I thought well what a nice name for our little daughter. my husband
agreed with the name right away

Old August 9th 04, 06:42 AM
zolw

Hi Jane;

Be prepared for some major emotionality when your baby arrives. I never
imagined that I would feel this way. I feel like I did when i first
started dating my husband 12 years ago. The butterflies, I want to see
her all the time ... I look at her & think that no one in this world can
be half as beautiful as she is (typical mom cliche).

It is the best feeling ever. I wonder why women get postpartum
depression? My husband says that i have postbonding elevation )

Old August 9th 04, 11:46 AM
Kim E.

I just saw the pictures, she is so adorable!!!!!! Congrats again!

-kim